3 replies to this topic

#1 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

I've never seen the X-Men and never watched a Wolverine movie, but for some reason, I really want to see Logan.  It looks fantastic.  I have a feeling I should start at the beginning of the movies and work my way up to Logan.  Anyone know the best place to start and in what order should I see these movies?!

#2 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Honestly, I think you can watch it as a stand alone.  And it's well worth it.  It's a gritty film with dark themes that hardly feels like a superhero movie.  I've seen all of the xmen movies one time each and none of the previous Wolverine movies.  You really don't need to know much backstory to see Logan.  In fact, there are some inconsistencies throughout the greater series anyway.

As for Logan and its past, there are some things alluded to that weren't even in previous movies, so you can just sort of go with it and learn about the cinematic world while watching.

That being said, watching the entire series prior to Logan will give you the opportunity to watch character development and might make you feel more invested.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

I'd say go back and read the X-Men series from the 70s-90s and some of the Wolverine spin-offs of the time, but those have now been officially discredited.

#4 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

Great advice you two, thanks!  I know I will be seeing this movie, I have heard nothing but good things about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users