93 replies to this topic

#21 Sean White III

Sean White III

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:13 PM

I know it sounds stupid... But every time I see the part where Bruce Willis shoves Ben Affleck back into the ship and stays on the asteroid at the end of Armageddon I cry.

#22 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:13 PM

the bit in Shawshank Redemption where old man Brooks goes to the park but Jake the bird is never there, always gets to me.

Also everyone in the whole world should be made to watch Lilja 4-ever.

The entire sequence where Brooks is narrating his letter to the guys in prison, about how he can't keep up with the world and such and he' just an "old crook"...I hate watching it. So sad.

I still haven't seen Lilja 4 Ever. I can't find it anywhere.

I've said this before, but Dancer in the Dark...particularly the scene towards the very end, when Cvalta runs up to Selma and hands her the glasses and says "so you can see!" Just thinking about it makes me all choked up.

I also cried the first time I watched Grave of the Fireflies. Every time after that, I was ok.

#23 PeppermintBlood

PeppermintBlood

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:20 PM

the bit in Shawshank Redemption where old man Brooks goes to the park but Jake the bird is never there, always gets to me.

that always makes me cry too! it reminds me of my grandpa for some reason. i also cry when Brooks hangs himself. it's so sad.

#24 velouria

velouria

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:27 PM

I watched Blow this weekend and sobbed like a small child. It was shameful.

I watched that this weekend too, it was on USA I think. The ending always makes me snivel, my dad was in and out of prison whiel I was growing up so it strikes a major chord with me. My boyfirend watched it with me, he was expecting everyone to get shot. At the end he was teary eyed, he claimed it was because he was laughing because it was so unbelivably sad. I don't believe him, he has bawling.

A league of their own always makes me cry

#25 indigo eyes

indigo eyes

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:37 PM

A league of their own always makes me cry

but......"there's no crying in BASEBALL!!"

I cry when I watch lots of movies, but ones that come to mind are Steel Magnolias, Once Were Warriors, and Babe.

#26 '''''

'''''

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:07 PM

I still haven't seen Lilja 4 Ever. I can't find it anywhere.

Lilja 4-ever isn't available on region 1 dvd yet, and I have no idea when it will be.

You could always steal a multi-region dvd player, order Lilja 4-ever from England, watch it, then return the dvd player saying it didn't meet with your criminal requirements, then give me the dvd as a back-up copy perhaps?

#27 Kate#3

Kate#3

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,079 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:11 PM

Babe: Pig in the City

#28 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:24 PM

Lilja 4-ever isn't available on region 1 dvd yet, and I have no idea when it will be.

You could always steal a multi-region dvd player, order Lilja 4-ever from England, watch it, then return the dvd player saying it didn't meet with your criminal requirements, then give me the dvd as a back-up copy perhaps?

That sounds simple enough. Hehe.

#29 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:29 PM

lets see....I usually cry at most Hayao Miyazaki films...especially Grave of the Fireflies. The others its usually a happy vry though...

Buffalo 66 does it for me as well....I really love those type of love stories though.

#30 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

The scene in A Knight's Tale when he goes to see his father, who is now blind, and can't see that it's his son. "Has he followed his feet?" "He has." Or something like that. Even after seeing the movie 20 times, it gets me every time.

#31 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:36 PM

is that the Heath Ledger film....oh man...im gonna save that one for a rainy day to pull out and use against ya one day!

I cry sometimes during Almost Famous - it makes me really happy sometimes.

#32 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:57 PM

is that the Heath Ledger film....oh man...im gonna save that one for a rainy day to pull out and use against ya one day!

I cry sometimes during Almost Famous - it makes me really happy sometimes.

Yes it is. Did you see it? It was actually a really, really good movie. So there!

#33 raspberryroad

raspberryroad

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:15 PM

I always cry at A League of their Own, THe Lion King, Steel Magnolias, Stepmom, Mask (mask not the mask), I cried at Big Fish, Fox and the Hound and I cant think of anymore.

#34 Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*

Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:52 PM

The end of Moulin Rouge never fails to get me sobbing. And I can never hold it back. Even knowing that the part is coming up makes me tear up.

#35 Kate#3

Kate#3

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:14 AM

The end of Moulin Rouge never fails to get me sobbing. And I can never hold it back. Even knowing that the part is coming up makes me tear up.

*ditto* how dare I forget that film...

Posted Image

#36 Guest_stew_*

Guest_stew_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:49 AM

I almost cried at Elephant Man...and that's a lot

#37 Alissa1122

Alissa1122

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:05 PM

Schindler's List gets me every time. Especially the very end where people are paying respects at the grave. That kills me.

Others: Philadelphia and, like others have mentioned...Shawshank Redemption

#38 bdatws1

bdatws1

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 01:44 PM

Magnolia
Boys Don't Cry
American History X

:(

#39 courtneymarie

courtneymarie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:01 PM

lost in translation

#40 xScoutx

xScoutx

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:20 PM

That scene in Girl,Inturrpted where that chick hung herself in the bathroom...I think it's the song that gets to me more than the death..."don't they know it's the end of the world".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users