6 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

The BHR tour is winding down, this is it for the UK...

Edit this setlist | More Jack White setlists

#2 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:24 AM

27 songs. Wow!

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

And a piano mounting that apparently almost went awry. Sounds like this was an amazing show in many ways.

#4 gibsona07

gibsona07

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

Amazing for so many reasons. Jack came on stage screaming atthe audience and ready for business. The boisterous edinburgh crowd gave the energy back which drove Jack on more and more. It had a celebratory last show vibe.

Highlights include:

The Kay slide medley three songs in, which included snippets of milk cow blues and little bird and jack playing slide with a champagne bottle. 

Jack picking up one of Carla's cymbals mid song and smashing it into the drum kit.

Jack bringing the support band on, who were standing on stage, for an unrehearsed cut like a buffalo, with dominic davis telling the young band to watch Jack at all times.

Jack breaking a string during hotel yorba and finishing the song without a guitar, dancing like elvis

Jack playing drums for the entirety of My Doorbell

Same Boy You've Always known solo, with just Jack on stage.

jack standing on top of the piano after 7NA, shaking it violently like Jerry Lee Lewis.

The whole thing was a highlight!!!

Edited by gibsona07, 22 October 2018 - 10:56 AM.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

Jack breaking a string during hotel yorba and finishing the song without a guitar, dancing like elvis

I would pay a lotta money to see this.

I heard from some other folks about the opening act playing Buffalo with them, and one of the band members hugging Jack at the end.  Thanks for telling us about the other highlights, so great that you were able to experience it!

#6 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

I think he maybe had a funny moment with the drumsticks during My Doorbell too. My eyes were elsewhere for a second, but it seemed like he dropped one of his sticks, and then accidentally picked up two, so he had 3 in his hands and then had to throw one away, all while continuing with the song. It was all very quick, but it seemed like there were sticks flying about everywhere for a few seconds :D

Edited by goodmorningspider, 22 October 2018 - 06:34 PM.

#7 gibsona07

gibsona07

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:13 AM

He went to twirl his drumstick in the air like Keith Moon, but dropped it. He really needs to go back on the road with the Dead Weather to get some practice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users