so terribly sad.

#464 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Unbelievably sad. I can't even begin to comprehend the grief associated with the loss.

#465 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

oh how horrible. I can't imagine what they are going through. all the best to the Cave family.

#466 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

That's awful.  Condolences to his family.

#467 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

I've been more sad than I have any right to be about this. I'm not sure what else I can say other than that Nick's music has comforted me during some of my worst times. I know that a lot of people who have listened to his music feel the same way. I hope that he is receiving the support and comfort that he needs during this unimaginably difficult time. He should do whatever he needs to do in order to grieve. Maybe that means writing for catharsis. Maybe it means taking years off making music. I think that those who are fans can best show their support by being understanding of this reality.

On a related note, I've always admired how much he seems to really cherish being a father, which is moving for me not only because of his loss, but because his music has played a significant part in my relationship with my own father. Nothing but compassion for Nick and his family, especially Earl. I can't fathom what losing a twin must feel like.

#468 JellyRoll Baker

JellyRoll Baker

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,798 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

This breaks my fucking heart.  Everything I've heard tells me that being a dad is his favourite thing in the world.  

#469 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

I don't really know anything about this artist, but with a quick Google search I was able to see why he is in the news. I fail to see how the movies anyone watches has to do with freak accidents. They happen all the time to reckless and cautions people.I actually went to school with someone who died as an adult in a very similar way. He loved extreme sports as I recall and even helped his community build a public skate park. When he died no one even mentioned the connection between one and the other, it was a hobby and he died due to a tragic accident. People are needlessly cruel so often.

#470 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Fortunately that paper retracted their story. They were jumping all over a quote Nick had said about a big part of parenting is watching your kids witness/be a part of terrifying situations (which can really mean anything if we're talking about teenagers). My mom has said something similar. She thinks it's good for kids to be afraid, not all the time of course. It just makes you steelier if you've had the experience before. I think Nick realizes--as he's well documented in his music--that fear is an integral part of living and rather than shielding kids from fear, maybe we should let them have a little freedom to experience life as it is. That's all he seemed to be saying, but of course that "newspaper" twisted his words. What a thing to do to a grieving father.

#471 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

Skeleton Tree.

T-Bone seems to always have a foot in the cave. So this new album has me soaring over the true landscape. Detecting that ambient suit and tied to haunted dwellings visited by his ego outside of hubris.

Nice.

#472 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

I saw him on Thursday and he was even better than the first time. It was pretty spectacular to see someone so defiant in the face of tragedy. It's clear that he loves to perform and likely finds it cathartic. This added even more weight to what were already emotional songs. No opener... he played about 20 songs and his voice has never sounded finer. It was an astonishing evening. Only just now finding words to describe the show. 

#473 Lily

Lily

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

^ I'm jealous.  I've yet to see him live and I'd really love to.  I assume you saw One More Time with Feeling?

#474 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,792 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

we will have to go see him, emily! just saw the clip of him on Colbert's show last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users