5700 replies to this topic

#21 ZORRO!

ZORRO!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,202 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:42 AM

Rancid and all that other fucking idiotic "punk rock" shit that's still being made is fucking crap.
Fast guitars and "SUPER DRUMS!!!12" and some old guy who's like 40 singing with a fucking idiot voice ain't music. That's shit and it's boring.
I don't want to hear the same SHIT song 500 times again, I don't care if it's dedicated to Dimebag Darrell, your song still sucks. Fucking shame he died, but his music fucking sucked. I don't want to hear no more Damage Plan either, or motherfucking Pantera.

#22 peppermintpig

peppermintpig

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:55 AM

I'm going the other way and saying Hanson's new album actually isn't bad...

The single from it (Penny and Me) pissed me off no end and the whole album should by rights be terrible but it's actaully a fairly catchy guitar/pop rock album and if it was by amyone else (who didn't have the awesome stigma of being Hanson) it would be quite good.

#23 Poison_fairy

Poison_fairy

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:58 AM

Bohemian rhapsody and queen songs in general. It is so overrated and too long and shit. I never got the whole queen thing. Especially bohemian rhapsody I just hate it.

#24 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:59 AM

Slipknot has to be the biggest joke the god has played on music fans. Bundle some of the worst music together, grab a bunch of guys and put them in ridiculous outfits and then for some reason have a huge annoying fanbase think they're the greatest thing ever. They lack logic and taste altogether - avoid these people. This goes for ICP as well.

#25 peppermintpig

peppermintpig

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:00 AM

Slipknot has to be the biggest joke the god has played on music fans. Bundle some of the worst music together, grab a bunch of guys and put them in ridiculous outfits and then for some reason have a huge annoying fanbase think they're the greatest thing ever. They lack logic and taste altogether - avoid these people. This goes for ICP as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People....actually....like..Slipknot?! fuck that's news to me, what a world indeed!

#26 Guest_Howlin' Walsh_*

Guest_Howlin' Walsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:02 AM

I used to like Led Zeppelin, but one day I was listening to them, and realized they were far too into themselves. They didn't have it. Soul. I can't properly define such a thing, quantify the amount they had...I just know it wasn't nearly enough to keep me coming back.

I also read an interview with Page that absolutely confirmed my suspicions. What a wanker.

#27 redwhite22

redwhite22

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:05 AM

i cannot stand my friends thinking they're all that and a bag of potato chips when the only pink floydd album is dark side of the moon, and the only zeppelin album they have is 4. and also my friend thinking he's hardcore for liking tool and slipknot, and calling himself anti-mainstream, when he's a die-hard fan of the killers and of basically any techno you shove at him.

bah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! I like Mr. Brightside and I still consider myself a hipster...

#28 Ruby_Explodes

Ruby_Explodes

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:05 AM

this is inspired by my recent relocation to London...

HOW THE FUCK IS OASIS FOOLING ANYONE???

my opinion/justification: they are whiny, unoriginal, souless idiots who think they can write songs and play instruments. Actually, I kind of feel like they aren't worth the energy expelled by the muscles in my fingertips to type out any mention of them, but they were the first thing that comes to mind when I read the title of this thread.

Hopefully there isn't anyone in here that's musically challenged enough to derive any enjoyment from this pathetic group of entertainers.

#29 Poison_fairy

Poison_fairy

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:09 AM

this is inspired by my recent relocation to London...

HOW THE FUCK IS OASIS FOOLING ANYONE???

my opinion/justification: they are whiny, unoriginal, souless idiots who think they can write songs and play instruments.  Actually, I kind of feel like they aren't worth the energy expelled by the muscles in my fingertips to type out any mention of them, but they were the first thing that comes to mind when I read the title of this thread.

Hopefully there isn't anyone in here that's musically challenged enough to derive any enjoyment from this pathetic group of entertainers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They had one good album and now think they are the kings of rock or something.

#30 ZORRO!

ZORRO!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,202 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:12 AM

I've had "What's the story(Morning Glory)" that I got from my sister, since 95 or whenever it came out. But I was 7 then.. Definitely Maybe should probably be better since there are only like 2-3 good songs on What's the story. But yeah, they do suck and I agree.

#31 ZORRO!

ZORRO!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,202 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:31 AM

By the way, The Misfits does not count as the crap I mentioned, neither do Turbonegro.

#32 Dr. G

Dr. G

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:34 AM

I think you're a fucking faggot!
Oh this is supposed to be about music?
I think all the bands you like are fucking faggot bands!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jeez Simon. I thought you got to be a mod because you didn't lash out at people. Anyways, The Von Bondies are useless. That lead singer said in an interview I read that he feels he's making some great new music but it's the same rehashed stuff. It's nice to hear garage rock on the go again but come on it's been done. Pelle from The Hives said the same thing in an interview 2 years ago. He said that noone is making the music they are making right now. Come on, how many bands out there are doing the same thing they're doing and doing it ten times better. Trent Reznor is boring as hell and has been ripping off Skinny Puppy for 15 years. Pick up any Skinny Puppy record and tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by Drgonzo91, 04 March 2005 - 08:43 AM.

#33 peppermintpig

peppermintpig

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:36 AM

I think the point was you can't just make a statement like so and so are shit... you need to back it up.

#34 Dr. G

Dr. G

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:44 AM

I think the point was you can't just make a statement like so and so are shit... you need to back it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

really? Gothic Flavor and thedriningfire's posts don't seem to elaborate

#35 changa

changa

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

I can't fucking stand the Tragically Hip. I don't understand why people say that they're Canada's best band and that they've been going strong for however many years when all of their songs sound the same and grate on my nerves.

And the only good AC/DC song is Back in Black. Thunderstruck too, maybe...

whew.

#36 Dr. G

Dr. G

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:58 AM

And the only good AC/DC song is Back in Black. Thunderstruck too, maybe...

whew.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey. If you like Back in Black and Thunderstuck then you like AC/DC. Every song sounds the exact same. Closet AC/DC lover you are ;)

#37 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:03 AM

Ive never been into AC/DC - I like TNT because my dad used to play it on long road trips but generally all their songs sound the same to me.

#38 desertpine

desertpine

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

Although i adore many David Bowie songs, i do not enjoy any of his albums all the way through. I think they'r a bit tedious. I don't have any logical argument for my case. It's just my personal opinion and i realise it's my own personal human failing.

#39 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:25 AM

I don't care much for the new Beck album. It's not as good as any of his previous stuff. In fact, I think he's in a bit of a rut. Each song can be easily identified as an Odelay song, a Midnite Vultures song, a Sea Change song, etc. It's not up to his usual standards of originality.

#40 Jorrendier

Jorrendier

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:26 AM

Well I really don't like Loretta Lynn at all. In fact, I can't stand her music. Actually, I can't really listen to country music in general. I always think you have to be American to like that kind of 'music', or something. I just don't understand it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users