#41 Shabop Shalom

Shabop Shalom

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:53 PM

Wow...this is good stuff.
I never knew that much about Blanche...what they were like...but that was an awesome song and video.
I may have to check these guys out.

#42 Angelique

Angelique

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:58 PM

Wow wonderful video! thanks! :)

#43 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:59 PM

How do you NOT like Blanche?  I don't get it.  I played "Garbage Picker" for somebody, a country music fan.  She said it was "stupid."  Huh?  Toby Keith isn't stupid?  Alan Jackson isn't stupid?  What the fuck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i don't get it either. i've had a few country music people that don't like it, but people who say they hate all that is country say they love it.... oh well....my mom even liked it. i had superstition on and she said it was very soothing. :)

#44 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

Wow...this is good stuff. 
I never knew that much about Blanche...what they were like...but that was an awesome song and video.
I may have to check these guys out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^^^Makes me happy!

i will tell you what they are like. ----> Awesome.

#45 Shabop Shalom

Shabop Shalom

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:25 PM

^^^Makes me happy!

i will tell you what they are like.  ---->  Awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works for me.

#46 Jen

Jen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:28 PM

How do you NOT like Blanche?  I don't get it.  I played "Garbage Picker" for somebody, a country music fan.  She said it was "stupid."  Huh?  Toby Keith isn't stupid?  Alan Jackson isn't stupid?  What the fuck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh, I have found that, I am trying to convert all of my school mates, but they are being difficult lol.
I once made my mate Bianca listen to Blanche all through an English lesson, she complained cos she had a Blanche song in her head for the rest of the day.
They will thank me one day :D

Jen
|||

#47 VanillaCokeClock

VanillaCokeClock

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:18 PM

Everyone loves Blanche!

#48 mamma mia

mamma mia

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:10 PM

Thanks so much for posting that link to the video roxann! It's dark and lovely just as you would expect!

#49 Guest_nitroglycerine_*

Guest_nitroglycerine_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:29 PM

I love that video to death. That is my favorite Blanche song, and the video made me nervous and uncomfortable and enthralled just like their music. Wonderful!

#50 jackandmeg

jackandmeg

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:37 PM

Just so you know, Cass records is re-releasing the blanch who's to say 45. Only 800 copies and 440 of those are going to be on green vinyl.

#51 Guest_Guitar_Guru6916_*

Guest_Guitar_Guru6916_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:15 PM

I played "bluebird" on my little boombox for my step-mother(huge country fan), and she said the music was good, but the singer sucked. And I was like, "That's one of the best things about the band!!". She said that he (Dan) sounded like he had tampons stuck up his nose, and that he didn't have the right to sing country music. :angry:

Sidenote: Wonderful video by the way. The vocal stuff between Dan and Feeny was awesome.

#52 Jen

Jen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:16 PM

Just so you know, Cass records is re-releasing the blanch who's to say 45. Only 800 copies and 440 of those are going to be on green vinyl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought my copy of the "snot Green" vinyl tonight, :D

Jen
|||

#53 RockerChick

RockerChick

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:27 PM

ahh! *dances around* the video and article are excellent thank you.

#54 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

That video was absolutly awsome, strange how they all die at the end, but great none the less.

#55 RockerChick

RockerChick

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:10 PM

yeah so now that i'm over the initial excitement....anybody "get" the video? haha. what is your interpretation of the meaning?

I think this is worthy of discussion.

#56 Jen

Jen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:26 PM

yeah so now that i'm over the initial excitement....anybody "get" the video? haha. what is your interpretation of the meaning?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is tricky,
I guess that it means that you never know what may happen in the future, you may dye a horrid horrid death, but you dont know it, but someday you will find out... :blink:

Jen
|||

#57 Guest_nitroglycerine_*

Guest_nitroglycerine_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:38 PM

I don't know what to do...I already have the 45...but I really want the snot green vinyl...

Is there anyone here who owns the record in the snot green variety, and could you tell me how satisfactory the snottiness of the color is?

#58 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The setting looks to me like a "prayer meeting", with Blanche being the preachers for the day. The message is that someday you will find out what exists after life, which is the subject of much preaching. In the audience are old people--close to death themselves.

Cool video. Thanks!

#59 jimithing4d1

jimithing4d1

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

that may be the coolest video i have ever seen, kewel

#60 Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*

Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:06 AM

I thought it was beautiful. And of course, very depressing .. But tactfully done for a Blanche video. I mean, it wasn't so depressing that it was stupid. It was quaint and simple, and very Blanchey. That's the only way I can think to describe it. And I'm so happy that they used Someday to do a video to. It's just very .. Unique, I guess.

I love the way you've got to pay attention to them visually as well as with your ears. If you cover your ears and vocus on visuals, and it's fucking beautiful, and you can't stop watching. Or you cover your eyes and the music is so fucking complex and you don't know what to concentrate on in the music, but it's all wonderful. And then all together it's an upright musical orgasm.

Yes, I loves my Blanche...haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users