270 replies to this topic

#1 DeathLetter

DeathLetter

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm really excited for this show to start next week.

Will anyone else be watching it?

What can y'all tell me about the book?

#2 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,578 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

Ohh, i really would like to see this, but it takes years before it airs here. The book is goooooood. Captivating.

#3 PoopsOnLawn

PoopsOnLawn

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Haven't read the books, but everything I've seen about the show looks goooooooood. I've been a fan of HBO's shows in general, so I'll definitely be keeping up with this one.

#4 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:18 AM

It sort of looks like a cross between The Tudors and the LOTR movies - maybe it will be fun?

#5 DeathLetter

DeathLetter

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Saw pilot last night (UK)...I thought this was really great. My brain is full of it today, tempted to ruin it for myself by reading the book but I won't haha.

Swords, castles, zombies, wolves, nudity, incest, beheadings... THAT is entertainment.

#6 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Saw both episode 1 and 2 and I'm utterly hooked! the acting is superb, the story is intriguing...I haven't read the books, so I don't know what's going to happen next. Yes, and the twins who commit incest, I haven't seen anything like that since the House of Yes. The beginning of the pilot where the night watch's venture beyond the wall into the snowy, eerie forest is so beautiful and creepy!
Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Swords, castles, zombies, wolves, nudity, incest, beheadings... THAT is entertainment.

I know I'm going to love this, so I bought the first book yesterday, but as I don't get HBO I'll have to wait for the DVD to actually see it. :P

#8 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

So... who is still watching the series? IMBD says the next episode is called Fire and Blood

the landscapes are beautiful but i wonder what you folks thought about the cast?

#9 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

*Bump*

I am!
this was just coming on pay tv in Canada before i left, and then I forgot about how much i wanted to see it cause it wasnt on here, not on free to air tv anyways) But my friend has the 1st season on her hard drive and we watch it most wednesdays while AIden is in Kinder. I think We are up to episode 7 or 8 or 9 ? i forget

I like it

#10 mrthompson

mrthompson

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Is this a show about toilets?

#11 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hmm I believe the show is set BT (before toilet)

but that would be pretty funny. The iron Toilet, forged of 100 swords! YEah!

#12 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

I just discovered this show via HBO On Demand and all I can say is WOW.

#13 DeathLetter

DeathLetter

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Having read (nearly) all the books now...this will be better on TV. If you have the patience and you haven't started the books yet, stick with the HBO version. Obviously I have no patience, so I had to spend my whole summer reading them.

#14 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

my freind read all the books and has warned me about spoilers from getting impatient, I'll try and wait

#15 Lily

Lily

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

READ ALL THE BOOKS!

I'm more than halfway through Storm of Swords at the moment (the third book in the series) and it is SO GOOD. I watched the first episode of this series after I read the first book, and while I enjoyed it and thought they did a good job keeping faithful to the story and the world, I'm not quite ready to have my mental images of all the characters and places like Winterfell crushed and replaced by the HBO versions. But I'm glad that if these books had to be translated to screen, it was via TV show, not film, and I'm glad that HBO are the ones dealing with it and not any other network. [Not that this show could be done any amount of justice if it was shown on another network, considering all the bloodshed, sex, incest, etc.]

#16 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

why is no one talking about this show? I think its awesome, now that I've actually read the books I appreciate it more. The second season is awesome so far, no more setting up main characters, I wish they would show more of the dragons though. Also I need some more Arya/Gendry scenes.

#17 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

If I had HBO, I would totally be raving about the second season. As it stands, I've only seen the first episode, which was pretty much fantastic. I absolutely love their Melisendre. The first season has basically been on repeat at my house since it came out on DVD. I've just started reading A Dance with Dragons, and I'm really pumped about being able to look at things spoiler free soon.

#18 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I need to start reading A Dance with Dragons. I just finished A Feast for Crows, I have HBO, but here http://watchseries.e...game_of_thrones This site shows you the sites that streams the episodes. I use this for British shows I like. I dunno about the quality, because I don't watch Game of Thrones on there.

#19 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Any recommendations on streams which won't destroy my computer? I think I tried to use that site, but the one I tried to watch instantly started downloading crap to my computer, and I had to go and delete all of it. (edit: never mind, I got it)

*Potential Book spoilers*

How did you feel about A Feast for Crows? It's my least favorite, but parts of it were excellent. I really loved Cersei's story and chapters, and I thought the chapters set in Dorne were pretty great, though that story could have gone a lot further in the time spent telling it. Even though I think Brianne of Tarth is an excellent character, her parts may have been my least favorite.

Edited by imbenurnot, 02 May 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#20 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

WOW! how weird, A Feast For Crows was my least favorite. It took me much longer to read than the others because I didn't feel the extreme urge to keep reading like a madwoman, which I did for the others. I started reading the books because of the show, so I got into them late, I dunno how fans who actually read A Feast For Crows when it came out could stand waiting so long for A Dance With Dragons.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users