#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

Announced today:  https://thirdmanreco...ng-to-nugs-net/

Third Man Records is tag-teaming with Nugs.net to start sharing the countless live recordings we have sitting in our archives.

What does that mean for you? How about unparalleled access to a wide assortment of concert recordings by such heavy-hitters as the White Stripes, the Raconteurs, Jack White, and the Dead Weather.

There’s tons of other gems to be found on Nugs as well. Pearl Jam, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Sonic Youth, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish, Dead and Company, Wilco and literally more than you could ever manage to listen to. ’Tis a fun ocean to wade through.

Shows are available to stream, download, or even purchase on CD. Our main goal here has been to make our material available in as high of quality as possible. But if you want it as an MP3 or a WAV or a FLAC, well, we’ll make it available every which way.

We’ve managed to negotiate a super sweet discounted introductory rate for Vault members. What would usually cost $38.97 for three months of access to ALL of the Nugs.net 15,000+ recordings is only $3.33 for Vault members.

We’ll be unveiling new recordings the third Thursday of every month - Third Man Thursdays - so there’s plenty of reason to sign-up and stay tuned.

This is by no means meant as a way to usurp our replace the work we do in the Vault. Our physical, vinyl releases in the Vault will always be our primary focus. But staring down the massive piles of live recordings we’ve spent the past twenty years keeping safe, it seemed clear we would never be able to properly release all of them. But that does not mean they are any less important or not worth listening to. Quite the opposite. We know some people buy vinyl records and never listen to them. We know some folks love downloads. We know some people don’t even know what they want. So the approach here is to just put more out there and hope it helps you fans find your fix.

Additionally, Third Man and Nugs.net are joining forces to live stream this week’s sold out, three-night stand of the Raconteurs at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. The shows are August 29-31s, start at 9pm CDT every night and are absolutely FREE to watch on either Nugs.tv, The Raconteurs Youtube or the Raconteurs Facebook channels.

To kick it all off, there’s 12 shows from the archives….all supremely killer, especially a previously unheard/unreleased White Stripes show from the 40 Watt in Athens, GA in 1999. Check em out over at nugs.net/thirdmanrecords

We truly hope you enjoy

So far, they've posted the "official bootleg" Racs shows from the 2006 UK tour, which is amazing.  Also a White Stripes show from the 40 Watt Club in Athens, GA in 1999, which I just downloaded for $4.95 without doing the full subscription thing.  The DW and Jack solo shows that are up so far are from Vault releases.  Depending on what they post in the future, this could possibly, hopefully be exactly what some of us have been waiting for.

#2 Bluey

Bluey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

:D

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:00 AM

Ok, if Bluey's happy about this, then I know it's a good thing!

#4 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:23 AM

Will be cool to see what gets added over time - theres a huge trove of shows they have. Hoping they pick something we dont have from the lazaretto or BHR tours as I for one enjoyed the sound on those more than 2012.

Whats the favorite of the 2006 racs shows? Have seen them floating around the inter webs in various quality over the years, so curious on favorites.

Will also be interesting to see if the Ryman stuff from this weekend is also available for purchase after the stream ends...

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

I don't know if I could pick one favorite from the 2006 Racs shows, there are moments in pretty much each one that are so great--  Any of the shows with the Blue Veins/Bang Bang medley, Jack talking about Sunday roasts, Jack talking about the Raconteurs Clue game that two fans made for them, Patrick refusing to drum until the folks in the balcony clapped...  To me, those shows combined are kind of the ultimate when it comes to the Racs.  It's so exciting to see them posted so that more people can finally hear them.

#6 Death Letter Blues

Death Letter Blues

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

....... Also a White Stripes show from the 40 Watt Club in Athens, GA in 1999, which I just downloaded for $4.95 without doing the full subscription thing.  

Is this show MP3 files? FLAC? Video? Something else? I am interested in getting it.

#7 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:45 PM

Also a White Stripes show from the 40 Watt Club in Athens, GA in 1999, which I just downloaded for $4.95 without doing the full subscription thing. 

Have you listened to it at all?  How is it?!

#8 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Well, the first of three shows at the Ryman was streamed tonight, on that site as well as the Racs channel on YouTube.  Good show, but I don't know if I'll watch the second and third if there's not that much variation in the setlist from night-to-night.

#9 DerSchubert

DerSchubert

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

Is this show MP3 files? FLAC? Video? Something else? I am interested in getting it.

It's available in 24 bit Flac ;)

Unfortunately I can't seem to purchase anything with an Austrian shipping address, at least not on my phone. EDIT: it worked on a different browser, hooray!
Other than that, this is pretty much what I was hoping for since I got into the white stripes, very excited!

Edited by DerSchubert, 30 August 2019 - 01:12 AM.

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:04 AM

They've got multiple download options, from mp3 to flac to CD to some I've never heard of.  Prices seem to range from $4.95 to $19.95, depending on format and how many tracks/files.

I haven't listened to the whole WS Athens show yet, but the bit I have played sounds terrific. It's apparently from a tape recording Blackwell made, but it's crystal clear.

#11 Bluey

Bluey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:41 AM

The Dead Weather show is complete, unlike the Vault LP and DVD version! I haven't checked them out yet but the official bootleg Rac shows might be remixes when compared to the original CDRs - which would be a good thing :)

I bought FLACS of both the DW and WS shows $12.95 and $7.95 respectively - the Stripes show is a nice board tape, previously uncirculated.

I would think the CD option would get you a burned CDR rather than a pressed CD, but didn't see any details after a quick look, nor anything about what sort of art you'd receive with it...

#12 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:59 AM

The Dead Weather show is complete, unlike the Vault LP and DVD version! I haven't checked them out yet but the official bootleg Rac shows might be remixes when compared to the original CDRs - which would be a good thing :)

I bought FLACS of both the DW and WS shows $12.95 and $7.95 respectively - the Stripes show is a nice board tape, previously uncirculated.

I would think the CD option would get you a burned CDR rather than a pressed CD, but didn't see any details after a quick look, nor anything about what sort of art you'd receive with it...

The notes seem to imply some kind of remixing of the 2006 shows occurred in August 2019, but have not purchased any yet

#13 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:59 AM

Ah, very cool to know about the DW show!  I need to remember to check that Blunderbuss Blue Room show, then, to see if there's more to it than the Vault release.

And just a re-editing of those 2006 UK shows would be a vast improvement. Whoever split those tracks to begin with must've been deaf.

Here's a direct link to TMR's page at Nugs, so folks can check it out more easily--   https://www.nugs.net...usic-streaming/

Edited by Kali Durga, 30 August 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#14 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

Well, the first of three shows at the Ryman was streamed tonight, on that site as well as the Racs channel on YouTube.  Good show, but I don't know if I'll watch the second and third if there's not that much variation in the setlist from night-to-night.

Heres to hoping they make all 3 available for purchase....the grand debate will be to buy 1 or 2 or all 3!

#15 Bluey

Bluey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:08 AM

....And just a re-editing of those 2006 UK shows would be a vast improvement. Whoever split those tracks to begin with must've been deaf.

Yeah, that was an unfortunate side-effect of being split live and on-the-fly back on the night by an engineer unfamiliar with the band, as was the original off-kilter mixing...

#16 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:43 AM

So this is cool and all but we already pay for a vault sub, shouldn't this just be on the vault?

#17 Death Letter Blues

Death Letter Blues

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

It's available in 24 bit Flac ;)

24 bit?!?! Okay.... :blink:

#18 Nogard

Nogard

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:57 AM

This

So this is cool and all but we already pay for a vault sub, shouldn't this just be on the vault?

#19 Death Letter Blues

Death Letter Blues

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

"This is by no means meant as a way to usurp our replace the work we do in the Vault. Our physical, vinyl releases in the Vault will always be our primary focus. But staring down the massive piles of live recordings we’ve spent the past twenty years keeping safe, it seemed clear we would never be able to properly release all of them. But that does not mean they are any less important or not worth listening to. Quite the opposite. We know some people buy vinyl records and never listen to them. We know some folks love downloads. We know some people don’t even know what they want. So the approach here is to just put more out there and hope it helps you fans find your fix."

^^^^Copied from the first post ^^^^

#20 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Considering the variety of formats offered, etc, I would imagine it'd take a lot of time & effort to maintain something like this and deal with all the transactions.  It'd be ideal for us fans to have it through the Vault, but doing so would require a whole build-out and possibly additional staff to maintain it.  Hard to say if the return on investment would be worth it, especially considering all the money TMR has shelled out over the last few years for things like the pressing plant.  Far easier and more economical for them to have it handled by a site that's already set up for that purpose.

Can you tell I work in retail administration...?  ;)

Edited by Kali Durga, 30 August 2019 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users