386 replies to this topic

#41 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

This photo is priceless. From exclaim.ca-- Third Man Records Signs Seasick Steve

Posted Image

Edit: I love the giraffe in the background.

Edited again to change the photo: Culture Bully had an image that included the "contract".

Edited by Kali Durga, 21 March 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#42 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

that is so fucking cool, I want that table in my living room now :lol:

#43 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

Hmm. Is he signing the table, or a tablecloth?

#44 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

Looks like a white table to me.

#45 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

the scuff marks wouldn't look like that on a table cloth and the writing wouldn't have come out nearly that well

#46 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

The signature pic looks as if the background's got a pattern on it, and the end of the table looks more like fabric to me . . I dunno . . :unsure:

Oh, they're scuff marks?

Edited by Aquamarine, 22 March 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#47 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

looks like it's actually just the treatment of the photo to make it look old - but if it were a table cloth you'd think you would be able to see a single wrinkly in in one of those two pics - and that's what Jack said, though if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe him either! :lol:

#48 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

You're right, it does look too wrinkle-free. Too bad, if it was a tablecloth they could hang it on the wall, like the Shroud of Turin or something. :lol:

#49 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

thats cool you found a pic of the signature! looks like just a plain tabletop to me, Seasick steve looks happy. is that photo taken with a hipstamatic?
is that the coke zero jack was talking about on modchat that timePosted Image Is jack smoking a cigarillo inside?

well, thinking about it some more... i guess he cant really go out and sit on the stoop and smoke in peace can he?Posted Image

#50 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

thats cool you found a pic of the signature! looks like just a plain tabletop to me, Seasick steve looks happy. is that photo taken with a hipstamatic?
is that the coke zero jack was talking about on modchat that timePosted Image Is jack smoking a cigarillo inside?

well, thinking about it some more... i guess he cant really go out and sit on the stoop and smoke in peace can he?Posted Image

I'd be here all night if I tried to explain how those things on the table produced an illusion of depth that threw me off and made me think I was seeing something else, but anyway--you're right about the table, and also about whatever Jack's smoking, but I guess as he owns the joint (TMR, not the thing he's smoking, not that it's a joint, man I'm having trouble making myself clear tonight!) he gets to make his own rules. :D

Edited by Aquamarine, 23 March 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#51 Jung Sole Rebel

Jung Sole Rebel

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

is that photo taken with a hipstamatic?

Almost certainly. Float film and Roboto Glitter lens at a guess.

#52 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

According to the TMR events page, this album is getting released at the end of may!

#53 torsoul

torsoul

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

God, I'm REALLY looking forward to both!

#54 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Very cool! fingers crossed for a seasick steve show at tmr this summer...with enough notice for me to prepare for it!

#55 TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

Coke Zero? Really Mr.White? I normally would take you for a purist but then again I am just a fantasizing fan...
We have a table kind of like Mr.White's. Which I think is funny because the table that looks similar is the table my mother had been looking for forever. Why does my family/me and Jack White have so many similarities?! Anyway, that's off-topic...
Sea Sick Steve looks really cool and I'll be sure to start listening to him more and gain a broader view of his music and maybe he'll end up being a favorite...most likely. =) Anyway, I trust Mr.White(obviously) he has yet to really let me down on a musical project though it is a bit worrisome of how far he would fall if he did fall or maybe he has fallen and I just don't see it as thus in my perspective? Maybe I'm going on a bit too much of a rant? Damn these 3 AM posts of mine...
In conclusion I want to pet the giraffe just like how I want to pet most all taxidermied creatures I come in contact with aaanndd I want to sign Jack White's table. Or anything really...

#56 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

Very cool! fingers crossed for a seasick steve show at tmr this summer...with enough notice for me to prepare for it!

amen to that brother!

#57 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

amen to that brother!

Fingers crossed this show happens in a way that it can be a LR gathering...missed everyone at Wanda Jackson...but that place was significantly bigger...at TMR, people would be hard to miss :D

#58 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

...missed everyone at Wanda Jackson...but that place was significantly bigger...at TMR, people would be hard to miss :D

That's because you didn't remember to shout out internet pseudonym's at the Wanda show ;)

#59 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

That's because you didn't remember to shout out internet pseudonym's at the Wanda show ;)

If Seasick Steve is happening, I'm bringing a big ol' sign with a bunch of pseudonyms on it :P

#60 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Inspired by Princess Beatrice, I'll wear a hat with my pseudonym on it! B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users