386 replies to this topic

#381 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

So, has anyone else listened to Hubcap Music yet?  I need to get it ripped and listen in the car for it to really sink in, but the overall mood of it is great. It's got a good flow. Seasick's lyrics get a little cheesy at times, but I do love his voice.  And of course, his guitar pickin'.

And Jack's guitar solo on The Way I Do is very unexpected.  The way Seasick described it, I was all set for something like that crazy stuttering solo in Horse Named George, but this one's very subtle.  Those are my favorite Jack solos, the ones that surprise me.

#382 Gerrit

Gerrit

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Cant stop listening

#383 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

New?

#384 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,238 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

that was fun

#385 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

New?

Yep. The new album is called Sonic Soul Surfer. According to Wikipedia (I know, very reliable) TMR is the label releasing it in the US.

#386 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Ah, cool! New Seasick and new Alabama Shakes in the same day.  My list of new stuff to buy just keeps growin' and growin', need to make another payment or two against tour expenses on my credit card and then start buyin'.

#387 300 icky piranhas blues

300 icky piranhas blues

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

Yeah he is on Jools Holland tonight with JPJ. The full show is on Friday but tonight is the live one. It'll be on bbc iplayer for a short time. That available in USA? plus it'll end up on youtube anyway.
Did i read somewhere that JPJ features on the album or am i making that up?

Only 6yrs late, *cough* *cough*, but I loved this performance! Grit, energy, and whacky instruments do it for me.

It was my first exposure to Steve and now I'm going to be looking to get some of his music. The JPJ collaboration will be where I start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users