510 replies to this topic

#1 Melon

Melon

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

ok i've been looking around here & the trading fourm for some time, no luck. found Bobsboots thats great but i'm trying to find actual songs, mp3's.

i would be very greatful if someone could point me in the right direction for some 1966 era bootlegs & or Blood On The Tracks stuff.

live, studio, alternate, out takes, on & on. THANKS & sorry if this is all right under my nose.

#2 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

Join the forum Expecting Rain, go to the rare recording sections and look in the A-Z.

You will not leave your house for days!

EDIT: But while you will have no trouble finding what you're looking for branch out a bit man. Most of the good BOTT/66 stuff is released and there's so much great stuff left to discover. Check out the Denver 1988 soundboard, Red Bluff 2002, Hammersmith 2003, Berkeley 1995, San Jose 1992, Avignon 1981. And there's some killer outtakes that are essential, there's an entire session circulating in pristine quality of Bob's session with George Harrison covering old Dylan songs and other standards (including the Beatles' yesterday), the Infidels outtakes are a treasure trove, hell just get all the genuine Bootleg Series for an overview of all the essential unreleased material. I haven't even mentioned the mind-blowing Supper Club Soundboard from 93 which feature stunning performances matched by stunning sound quality. Dylan has got about 50 years of gold explore it all, don't just dwell on two periods.

Edited by hannibal_lusty, 31 August 2010 - 06:33 PM.

#3 Melon

Melon

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

Join the forum Expecting Rain, go to the rare recording sections and look in the A-Z.

You will not leave your house for days!

EDIT: But while you will have no trouble finding what you're looking for branch out a bit man. Most of the good BOTT/66 stuff is released and there's so much great stuff left to discover. Check out the Denver 1988 soundboard, Red Bluff 2002, Hammersmith 2003, Berkeley 1995, San Jose 1992, Avignon 1981. And there's some killer outtakes that are essential, there's an entire session circulating in pristine quality of Bob's session with George Harrison covering old Dylan songs and other standards (including the Beatles' yesterday), the Infidels outtakes are a treasure trove, hell just get all the genuine Bootleg Series for an overview of all the essential unreleased material. I haven't even mentioned the mind-blowing Supper Club Soundboard from 93 which feature stunning performances matched by stunning sound quality. Dylan has got about 50 years of gold explore it all, don't just dwell on two periods.

oh yeah for sure...just wanted to kinda narrow it down to make it easier for someone to point me in the right direction. Read a few chapters of "Down The Highway The Life Of Bob Dylan" & i'm trying to track down all these sessions written about in there that aren't released

thanks for the help!

#4 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

They have everything over there and it's pretty easy to find. Although not everything is circulating (although I'm not a big 66 fan so I wouldn't be a good person to ask). If your an utter die hard when it comes to 66 get the box set Jewels & Binoculars which has pretty much all circulating material (concerts, sessions, interviews).

#5 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Here are all of Dylan's studio outtakes from 1965 and 1966, twenty sessions in all. Good luck.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/brv8xs
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v2sln1

#6 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

All right, what you have here is two folders. The "aborted" session from the "original" Blood On The Tracks album and assorted outtakes, then whatever "official" stuff from that era has been put out by Columbia over the years. Good luck.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktheow

#7 rat

rat

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

Wow, thanks. Well, I read that they almost released the Supper Club 1993 recordings instead of the planned release for the next Bootleg series. So now I'm looking for them.

#8 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

thank you tim :D

#9 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

Wow, thanks. Well, I read that they almost released the Supper Club 1993 recordings instead of the planned release for the next Bootleg series. So now I'm looking for them.

Here you go.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/429w42
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4c6cfn

#10 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Sometimes I think Tim has everything ever recorded. Luckily he's all about sharing. <3

#11 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

Sometimes I think Tim has everything ever recorded. Luckily he's all about sharing. <3

so true! :D

#12 Squid

Squid

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

Edited by Squid, 02 September 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#13 Squid

Squid

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

ok i've been looking around here & the trading fourm for some time, no luck. found Bobsboots thats great but i'm trying to find actual songs, mp3's.

i would be very greatful if someone could point me in the right direction for some 1966 era bootlegs & or Blood On The Tracks stuff.

live, studio, alternate, out takes, on & on. THANKS & sorry if this is all right under my nose.

There's an excellent boot called "Blood On The Tracks: The New York Sessions" on CD that's essential, if you're a diehard. The sound quality is pristine, studio and comprised of basically, the entire tracklisting of the officially released "Blood On The Tracks" LP, but the "New York Sessions" versions are what Dylan intended to release until he changed his mind at the last minute and proceeded to re-record all the songs in Minnesota. The "New York Sessions" tracks are pretty much the same arrangements as the officially released LP, but are largely acoustic and the lyrics vary from almost the same, or drastically different than the officially released versions.

Two other essential collections to look out for are "The Genuine Bootleg Series", which is a 9-CD collection of tracks (live and studio) dating from 1963-1980, and "The Genuine Basement Tapes", a 5-CD Set of pretty much everything Dylan and The Band recorded at the legendary "Big Pink" house during 1966-67, very different than the officially, very edited released "Basement Tapes" from 1975. I've got all this stuff, so if you're interested in trading for other stuff, I could definitely burn you all this stuff, man!

Take care,
Squid

#14 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,409 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

F U C K boob dylan!

#15 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,409 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

no really. there is this one song on volume 8 that i downloaded from tim once. it is red river shore. that is my favourite. i could listen to it over and over and over and over. i never tire of it at all.

sometimes i think nobody ever saw me here at all

listen. so you cocksuckers know, i do have vol. 1 -7. i just haven't got around to buying 8 yet. actually, now that i cum to think of it, i haven't really ever seen it in a store from which i could actually purchase it. i think, no really, that i am looking to find it at a yard sale. no really. the folks around here don't even like boob dylan and i know that if only i have enough patience, i will find it for 2 bucks at a yard sale. a present from someone's "crazy" aunt for christmas that they never listened to.

now where was i. oh, disc two on volume 5 is exceptional. really brilliant shit. the water is wide is fucking phenomenal. no really. did someone say that already? i don't read what you fuckers write. oh gosh now don't get upset.

i do know that you fucking people listen to far far FAR too much boob. you need to stop. it isn't really any good for you to covet all that shit anyway.

here it is. just so you know that i have given booby money. i've helped support the poor man.

Posted Image

soooo, i just may have gotten all of his vinyl for next to nothing. that doesn't really matter. i don't have any of those fucking rare bootlegs on vinyl. i know sooooome people here just might but that ain't me. no it's not me you're looking for.

in concluding, i feel it just might be best to fuck bob dylan. i know that i've told you this before but i knew someone once, who knew a girl that knew a girl that just might have pulled on ole bob's wiener. i hear tell, it tasted like sausage.

Edited by lindapoirier, 02 September 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#16 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,409 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

there ARE other people in the world that make music. just so you fucking cocksuckers know.

#17 Melon

Melon

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

wow lots of good stuff thanks everyone.

& expecting rain has pretty much everything there ever was kinda crazy. thanks lusty.

#18 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

What about Bob ? :rolleyes:

Edited by CHEEKY, 03 September 2010 - 11:58 AM.

#19 rat

rat

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

Are you angry or something Linda?

Vol 8 is the best one if you ask me and Red River Shore is on there, as well.

Oh, thanks Tim for the Supper Club stuff!

#20 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,409 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

ha! no. i want to be the only person in the world who thinks bob is a jerk. can you imagine what it must be like to be bob dylan???? holy fuck, someone should right a song about that very thing.

really? i was serious about not seeing it when i've been out and about. i will keep my eyes open wider.

i think when he got picked up for vagrancy last year that that had to be so awesome for BOB DYLAN. no really, i think that it must have thrilled the fuck out of him to find people who didn't know who he was. hahahahaaa, i think that is just perfect. someone should write a song about that very thing.

edit. i heard somewhere on the bee vine that he supposedly asked the people who now own the home that neil young grew up in if he could see his room. can you believe that? bob dylan stalks neil young. did he just go in there and sit down? why? oh crazy old bob dylan. i love him.

Edited by lindapoirier, 03 September 2010 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users