10 replies to this topic

#1 scott_c_b

scott_c_b

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

the first episode of season 2 is floating around the net, and i had to make a topic to point out that season 2 is just as hedonistically brilliant as the first season

haha. the best part about this show is all the conservatives and churchies whinging becasue they think a show about sex and drugs will corrupt everyone. i'd hate to be conservative; youd never have any fun!

the other best part is that david duchovny is addicted to sex in real life. good times. well, maybe not so good for his wife. but its funny for everyone else!

i cant wait to see more of the new episodes!

#2 Guest_Trent O_*

Guest_Trent O_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

The first two episodes leaked a few weeks actually, yoho. Wish I liked this show more, it has it's moments, and I love DD, but it seems to really suffer from the sex to have sex syndrome, nothing morally wrong with promiscuity in television/film, but when there's so much it takes you away from any kind of plot you have, it gets kinda boring and predictable.

#3 antiboy

antiboy

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

I couldn't get through the first five minutes of the pilot.

#4 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

I remember when I first watched this show, thinking to myself - it looks like Duchovny just wanted an excuse to have sex scenes with a lot of women and not get in trouble for it. It got boring real fast. He was such a creepy, obnoxious, scumbag character, it bothered me to watch him. I guess he'll always be Mulder to me.

#5 scott_c_b

scott_c_b

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

i must say, this show has gone from my favourite show in season 1 to just-another-show in season 2. disappointing. i dont even really know what changed. season 1 just had something that meant i couldn't miss it. hopefully season 3 will get back to that

#6 flyboy2525

flyboy2525

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:33 AM

i must say, this show has gone from my favourite show in season 1 to just-another-show in season 2. disappointing. i dont even really know what changed. season 1 just had something that meant i couldn't miss it. hopefully season 3 will get back to that

Yeah, it lost something. Don't like the turn its made. Not a great season.

#7 Guest_Trent O_*

Guest_Trent O_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

It's a showtime series, expect it to get just absolutely batshit insane, like say, Hank fucks his real daughter in the season 4 finale. Then during the first couple episodes of season 5 it'll reset and go back to normal, continuing on the same path back to being ridiculous.

#8 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

Yowza. Lots 'o bad vibes in here. I kinda dig the show. Watching Season 3 right now.

Edited by billdore, 27 February 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#9 Brace34

Brace34

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Love this show, best thing on the telly, or internet, at the moment. I'm on season 4 and Hank is just as fucked up as ever :lol:

#10 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

So I'm always late to the party and I stayed away from this show because he was my tv crush in the 90's. I just finished up season 2 and I can't help but love this show.

#11 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

So what is so striking are the similarities between Hank and Kerouac.   

The love of women, both are writers, both have demons, both loth LA, both drift between the east and west coasts, both are originally from New York, both are boho. He's a modern day Jack. And I love that his wardrobe doesn't change all the way down to his underwear. Black t or button down and jeans or barefoot and naked. That's the extent of wardrobe. So cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users