7 replies to this topic

#1 favian

favian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Were there any other videos/singles besides die by the drop? I feel like they blew their budget on that video and couldn't afford to make any other videos?? Kind of like treat me like your mother, but in that case, i liked the two other low budget videos that sprung from that album. I havent stayed up on the jack white-iverse. can anyone fill in?

#2 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

I don't think that they had time to do many videos cauz they hit the road so fast and they did the whole 3rdMan live dvd. Super cool, I'd rather have that.

#3 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Im sure in an interview in March Jack said he had just made a few videos (he sure had some time between end of 2009 tour and begginning of 2010 tour)... but I cant remember if he said how many were for Dead Weather and what was for other projects. I think I had been expecting a proper blue blood blues or gasoline video but i dont know that I am too bothered anymore... and maybe they put all the budget into Die by the drop like you said....

and they did do the blue blood blues live video that was the TMR performance turned into newsprint.. then again the Blue blood blues single has not even come out yet so it might be still coming..

sooo I dont know?

#4 favian

favian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

I'd rather jack direct all his Tdw videos. I hated the die by the drop video and loved his cut like a buffalo and black belles video. Wish he'd explore that avenue more. More abstract videos than big budget ones

#5 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Yeah cut like a buffallo was really good. I liked die by the drop too though but it would be cool if he directed more... he might have made more for the Back Belles or something, you never know.

#6 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

So a Blue Blood Blues single never materialized?

#7 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

not yet, but it's on the thirdman records coming soon ticker

#8 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

I definitely expect Blue Blood Blues to be the next single off Sea of Cowards and I definitely expect an official video for it. Just a matter of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users