9 replies to this topic

#1 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

So I'm going to see the band tonight in Baltimore and I"m super stoked. THis will be my third time seeing the Dead Weather! I'm wondering if you guys have any tips on what to do with the posters during the show. Last year, I saw them in Columbus and got a poster the very second I got in. Unfortunately, this meant I had to hold on to the poster the entire show which wasn't too irritating but I would preferred not to. The worst part was, there were still PLENTY of posters left after the show, but I don't want to run the risk of not getting one.
Would you recommend bringing a poster tube? Perhaps they could hold it for me behind the merch counter. Let me know!!

#2 orangeshoeskid

orangeshoeskid

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

tube. or if you don't care where you stand just buy it and run it out to your car.

#3 soulshine

soulshine

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

I dunno about the merch guys keeping an eye on it the entire gig...maybe someone else can chime in on this.  I use an extra sturdy tube and keep mine with me all night.  Was third from the rail and had no problems.

So I'm going to see the band tonight in Baltimore and I"m super stoked. THis will be my third time seeing the Dead Weather! I'm wondering if you guys have any tips on what to do with the posters during the show. Last year, I saw them in Columbus and got a poster the very second I got in. Unfortunately, this meant I had to hold on to the poster the entire show which wasn't too irritating but I would preferred not to. The worst part was, there were still PLENTY of posters left after the show, but I don't want to run the risk of not getting one.
Would you recommend bringing a poster tube? Perhaps they could hold it for me behind the merch counter.  Let me know!!

#4 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Definitely bring a tube. I was able to put my tube in coat check at the venue I was at. Just ask around I guess.

#5 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

When I saw them in DC I got a poster right away and my husband took it to the car- but it was not signed or numbered or anything so it didn't really matter that I bought it first thing.

I haven't been to Ramshead in so long I can't remember if they let you exit...you can always have someone (probably one of us little roomers) hold your spot...

#6 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for help, guys. I would feel like a jerk if I had someone hold my spot while I ran to my car. I would have to wait in line again any way to get back into the venue. I think I'm going to bring a poster tube and just hand onto it. It will be much better than holding onto the actual poster all night!

#7 3mily

3mily

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

The LA show had posters tubes, i don't know if you had to buy them or something, but I saw people carrying them (they were just triangle shaped cardboard boxes) around. It might have just been a palladium thing though.

#8 Daniel Lioneye

Daniel Lioneye

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, they have poster tubes that you can buy at the merch table. I think they are like $4.

#9 orangeshoeskid

orangeshoeskid

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

I've never seen a coat check at a show nor have I ever seen poster tubes for sale. Usually at any WS or DW or Racs show that I've been to they only have a pile of rubber bands for you to roll up and use on your tube.

#10 Conquest85

Conquest85

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

At the Minneapolis show they had tubes for $5. Its a good thing I got one because during Die By the Drop the poster got lost in the chaos. Someone did get it back to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users