Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

jack's losing his cool.

i can't watch!

The Strokes lost their's a long time ago.

That was mean, I'm just kidding.

The song is okay.

#143 Sassy_Sez

Sassy_Sez

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

There's lots of artists I like and respect that will appear on the Twilight soundtrack. This one has Black Keys, Beck, Vampire Weekend, Dead Weather.......it doesn't mean i'm going to start to like Twilight or go buy the soundtrack......i'm just not going to hold it against the bands who do appear on it.

I have all the Twishite soundtracks because they contain great music. It absolutely flabbergasts me that such a shit emo teen chain of films attracts such consistently good music to their soundtracks. Someone in the production department has killer taste in music.

I was gobsmacked that TDW actually agreed to put a track on it though - it's good but just so strange and so... I dunno, the antithesis of all that Jack normally stands for, in not giving into the crowd and all that? Bizarre.

Good song though!

#144 black jack davy

black jack davy

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:52 AM

didn't Jack say he was going to be using less unreleased songs as b-sides anyways? That'd be a cool thing to get as a b-side to a 7" so you didn't have to buy the soundtrack or pirate it to get the track *wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

why would they use less unreleased songs as b-sides?thats half the fun of them,for me anyway.

#145 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

why would they use less unreleased songs as b-sides?thats half the fun of them,for me anyway.

I don't know. Wondered why he said that. I mean that's like the only reason I buy singles - the cool as unreleased b-sides. It's also been one of the things I enjoyed most about Jack and his music, so many little tracks here and there that you can't get anywhere else and what not, hope he doesn't follow through on this one :lol:

#146 kilt

kilt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

I guess every band ends up on a Twilight soundtrack. :lol:

He played that Twilight song live at Huxleys in Berlin on 1st July.

Edited by kilt, 05 July 2010 - 01:01 AM.

#147 Hautegeisha

Hautegeisha

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

I was gobsmacked that TDW actually agreed to put a track on it though - it's good but just so strange and so... I dunno, the antithesis of all that Jack normally stands for, in not giving into the crowd and all that? Bizarre.

I was, too, though Jack was asked back in March/April by NME if he would ever do a song for Twilight, and he said something to the effect of if it made sense, then he would do it. But still, doesn't really seem like something he would be for by any stretch of the imagination. At least it's a decent song! I'm still in shock about how many bands are on it that I listen to on a regular basis.

#148 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

He played that Twilight song live at Huxleys in Berlin on 1st July.

TDW played the song at the show!?

#149 ACertainMan

ACertainMan

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

I really wonder if bands have much say on being on those soundtracks. Is it possible the production companies/labels work together to build these soundtracks? Anything to widen their customer base i think

#150 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

I really wonder if bands have much say on being on those soundtracks. Is it possible the production companies/labels work together to build these soundtracks? Anything to widen their customer base i think

as long as they retain rights to their music they are able to veto it. It is a big label thing, but from what I understand it's also a good way of getting a song you had planned to drop on the cutting room floor into some quick cash and a little exposure...

#151 Daniel Lioneye

Daniel Lioneye

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Finally heard this...probably the worst song TDW have released.

#152 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

why else would Jack have cut it from the record :P

#153 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,685 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Do we know that it was cut from the record? The lyrics sound as if they were perhaps written with the film in mind.

#154 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

"...The Tulsa image was inspired by the last track off the Dead Weather's new album, Rolling in a Burning Tire. However, the track was recently cut from the final album making this a bit of foreshadowing (it could appear as a B-Side). The Tulsa image was also a collaboration with my good friend Rob Jones..."

-Todd.

Posted Image

#155 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:31 AM

thanks for that - I knew I hadn't made that up but for the life of me couldn't remember where I had read about it :D

#156 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,685 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:00 AM

Ah, and thank you for reminding me that I want to track down a copy of that poster. One of their best yet.

#157 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

Youre welcome :)

#158 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

my friends who are twilight fans were talking about it last night
(again with the nagging that i have to read/watch it and insisting that i will love it if i only give in. lol. I'm stubborn.)
one of them is getting the soundtrack to this.

Edited by cheriebobbins, 25 July 2010 - 05:50 AM.

#159 dpyoung

dpyoung

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Anyone know about the Eclipse soundtrack being released on vinyl? The first two soundtracks were, and obviously this would be the best one to have on vinyl with Jack playing on it.

Amazon doesn't list it...

#160 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

was wondering the same thing, had been broke so I hadn't really thought of it but I am headed into the record shop on Thursday so I will have to ask them if they even have a listing for it, seems like Amazon would have one though, would be shitty if this was the one that didn't come out of vinyl though :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users