21 replies to this topic

#1 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

I called this one, sort of... The Dead Weather will be on Stephen Colbert on September 14th.

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:55 PM

So was Jack only talking about taking a long break from solo touring, or is this just a one-off?

Edited by J.C., 31 August 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,690 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

It's a tv appearance. Until anything more is announced, that's all it is.

#4 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

Nice :)

#5 300 icky piranhas blues

300 icky piranhas blues

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

Great news, the more DW, the better!

#6 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

It will be exciting to see them perform! Then we can begin to wish for more!

#7 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

Don't forget, TDW's performance will air tonight.  Stay up late, or set your PVRs accordingly.

#8 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,690 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Or check the Late Show website first thing in the morning, if yer like me and don't have tv...

#9 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

I enjoyed it. Loved the effect. I won't ruin it for those that haven't seen it.

Edited by Ak1nney, 14 September 2015 - 11:37 PM.

#10 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:59 PM

I cannot accept that they're not touring. I need a dead weather show!

#11 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

I cannot accept that they're not touring. I need a dead weather show!

The Dead Weather is my least favorite project, but if the momentum kept going and they did do a small US tour... You would see me there. One of my favorite experiences was getting early entry and being literally against the stage getting hair thrown in my face by Alison. The second tour I stood about 60 feet from the stage in front of Jack's mom sitting in the VIP area. Always a good experience at their shows.

#12 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:31 AM

It's funny when you've got a band with such a muddy, raw guitar sound playing a late night talk show: I often wonder what the audience is thinking.  The song's growing on me a bit, but it seems to go a little slack halfway through, before picking it up towards the end.  Alison's voice sounded really good to me tonight, and she's a lot prettier than I realized (mind you, her hair's often in her face).

Hard to say if Colbert's usual (TV) audience would be receptive to the band, but I hope the TV performance helps them sell a few more albums.  I'm pretty broke right now, and I don't own their second album, so I'm not sure about this one.

Edited by J.C., 15 September 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#13 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,690 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

Here 'tis, from the Late Show's YouTube channel--

#14 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

The Dead Weather is my least favorite project, but if the momentum kept going and they did do a small US tour... You would see me there. One of my favorite experiences was getting early entry and being literally against the stage getting hair thrown in my face by Alison. The second tour I stood about 60 feet from the stage in front of Jack's mom sitting in the VIP area. Always a good experience at their shows.

His solo stuff is definitely my least favorite. For me it's TWS, Raconteurs, TDW, Solo. But in shows? TWS, TDW, Raconteurs, Solo.

#15 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

It's funny when you've got a band with such a muddy, raw guitar sound playing a late night talk show: I often wonder what the audience is thinking.

this member of the audience wanted to be up on his feet! the first couple rows to my right seemed a little placid.

#16 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

His solo stuff is definitely my least favorite. For me it's TWS, Raconteurs, TDW, Solo. But in shows? TWS, TDW, Raconteurs, Solo.

The second list seems kind of weird considering at least half (if not more) of the material for the solo shows is drawn from TWS discography.  I mean, I know he plays around with the arrangements with some of the songs, but a fair number of them remain pretty much in their original form.  Anyways...

#17 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

this member of the audience wanted to be up on his feet! the first couple rows to my right seemed a little placid.

They won't let you stand, huh?

#18 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

oh no, the Colbert crew would have loved it if everyone was standing and rocking. They encouraged vociferous enthusiasms.

#19 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

The second list seems kind of weird considering at least half (if not more) of the material for the solo shows is drawn from TWS discography.  I mean, I know he plays around with the arrangements with some of the songs, but a fair number of them remain pretty much in their original form.  Anyways...

Nowhere near the same feel though. It's just not the same.

Edited by Monkhey, 15 September 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#20 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

I might've said that during the 2012 tour (with Ruby handling backing vocals and whatnot, and him slowing down stuff like Black Math), but to me, most of the performances during the 2014 tour were every bit as raw and noisy, and unhinged, as previous TWS tours.  And he arguably got the best (live) reviews of his career on the most recent tour.

I say this having seen TWS live, in person, three times, Racs (in person) twice, and having watched countless live performances from this past tour (one in person).

Oh well.  Sorry to hear you aren't able to enjoy the most recent tour format, but I'm very pleased that I am.

Edited by J.C., 15 September 2015 - 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users