Photo

Anyone else exited for the upcoming DW tunes on the Vault release?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Whazup

Whazup

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

The 30 second preview for Buzzkill(er) sounds awesome!  I cannot wait for more DW songs, can't believe it has been around 4 years since their last full length album!

#2 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

yes. I am.

#3 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I'm very excited, 2015 isn't coming fast enough.

#4 whitesummerhotel

whitesummerhotel

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm also excited but no vault member :( ...but the odds, that I also get to hear the new songs are not that bad....

Edited by whitesummerhotel, 20 July 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#5 kandykanekidd

kandykanekidd

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

I certainly am. I still think rough detective is the best of the four singles (hard to judge with only 30 second clips for the next two, but RD always stood out for me).

Starting to realise how important Dean Fertita is to this band. His riffs are far more prominent in these songs than on Horehound. They basically make these two songs spring to life.

#6 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

I am ;)

#7 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I might be willing to part with the two singles and the vault Dead Weather book once this current package arrives. Anyone interested or have anything to trade?

Feel free to PM me.

#8 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I thought Dean was pretty prominent and impressive on Horehound.

#9 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

So exited.  And I just can't hid it.

#10 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Are these tracks going to end up on the future DW album, or are they separate from it?

Edited by J.C., 11 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#11 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

When they released the first 7" they said all of the Vault songs will be on the new LP when it comes out in 2015. That could change of course, to be honest I'm kind of hoping it does. IMO the best albums are made when a band spends a couple weeks in the studio & bangs the whole thing out in one go, piecemeal records never seem to have the same cohesive punch.

#12 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

So exited.  And I just can't hid it.

i think you hid two of thm

#13 Dolly

Dolly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

Why do you have to be a vault member? I dont see this band making it to 2015. Seems like they lost interest in making anymore albums??

#14 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

Why do you have to be a vault member? I dont see this band making it to 2015. Seems like they lost interest in making anymore albums??

You don't. They put the singles on iTunes not too long after they are released via the vault.

#15 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

They've already announced the full album is coming in 2015. I suspect they will tour to promote it then. Jack is busy promoting Lazaretto, Alison, The Kills and Dean, QOTSA right now, but 2015 will be a different story. 

#16 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

I wonder if the Kills will push the Dead Weather until later, as we are still waiting on this supposed Kills album.

#17 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Seems possible since according to Alison's Instagram account the Kills are in the studio recording right now, they'd either have to rush the release & tour for their next record or push back the Dead Weather LP & tour. Or maybe the Dead Weather won't come until late 2015, they never gave us anything other than a year & there are still ostensibly 2 more Vault 45s coming. Or maybe the Kills & Dead Weather will release the LPs at the same time & do a co-headlining tour... hahaha  :P 

But really who knows, we'll just have to wait & see.

#18 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

In talking about this in recent interviews, Jack has used the word "maybe" a lot.  He said something in one of the interviews about not knowing what he was doing after he finishes the Lazaretto tour in 2015, "maybe" a tour with the Dead Weather, "maybe" exploring film because he's thinking of finding new non-musical creative outlets.  Though, of course, you have to have a few grains of salt handy when he begins talking about future plans so, like Renfield said, who knows?  

Edited by Kali Durga, 11 October 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#19 RobWhite

RobWhite

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

Is it just me or does these new dw-tracks feel alittle..... something...  They are really good! But there's something about them that I can't put my finger on.. something that feels alittle wrong.

Like when Sea of cowards came, it felt like such a bliss of creativity and it felt so new and so in-the-moment. I remeber almost laughing off joy when i heard the album... All the creepy, groovy songs like Blue blood blues, Hustle and cuss and I'm mad... But now?  I dont feel like a new  excitment over the new songs. It almost feels like they forced them out alittle bit, almost emulating the dead weather sound.  While the first two album just came out of them naturally with alot of new and exciting creativity. I feel alittle wierd about this whole putting out two songs at a time... Woudnt it have been cooler if they just got together after the long break and made a whole new record at once?  

I don't know, i guess that they will proove me wrong when the album is out.

#20 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

Havent listened to them all that much because I want to keep it fresh till the album will hit the shelves but for what I heard they felt too focused around production and playing in a certain manner but I didn't hear much of the song itself :S

Still I keep it cool till the album will come out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users