75 replies to this topic

#41 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

what are you gonna do if the DW reunites & tours before any more solo Jack?

I dunno.  Probably go see them, because I doubt that I'd be able to pass up an opportunity to experience Jack on stage.  I do get a kick out of watching him drum, even if it means craning my neck around Alison to do so.  But I might not jump as quickly to buy the next album from them as I did when it was all still new to me.

#42 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

wow, I can't relate at all. I love her, think she's great. but it's the band as a whole that is so appealing to me.  if I had to pick my favorite member, I couldn't even do it because they all hold their weight equally, in my opinion. 

yesnod.gif

#43 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

My first love was always Jack with Meg and Allison with Jamie, but I eagerly await a 3rd lp and tour.

#44 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

My first love was always Jack with Meg and Allison with Jamie, but I eagerly await a 3rd lp and tour.

I think that's pretty much a given for everyone... but someone doesn't want to play ball anymore and, for everyone else, life goes on so I'll take what I can get... and hopefully that IS a 3rd LP & another scorching hot tour... preferably sooner rather than later.

#45 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

wow, I can't relate at all. I love her, think she's great. but it's the band as a whole that is so appealing to me. 

Me too!  :wub:

When the band gets into a groove, there isn't anything for any vocalist to do except 'strike poses on the monitors' but that's life. It happened to Roger Daltrey all the time and after 1972 to Robert Plant, but I never thought of those two as some kind of limiting factor for their bands either.

#46 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Plus they can always bob up and down playing tambourines.  Plant spent more time doing that than singing.   :D

#47 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

How much of a tizzy would it throw y'all into if I mentioned that I'm not much of a fan of Plant, either?  ;)

#48 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

None.   ;)

#49 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

How much of a tizzy would it throw y'all into if I mentioned that I'm not much of a fan of Plant, either?  ;)

oh, now yer just quoting Jack, fangirl ;)

wow, I can't relate at all. I love her, think she's great. but it's the band as a whole that is so appealing to me.

i was not much of a Dead Weather fan when they were first announced. Watching a Kills concert video and then seeing TDW's first late night TV appearance got me interested in alison as a performer. When i saw her live, i was captivated. But the band gelled as a whole, a dark force of powerful murky tones, turning the venue into their tribal lair.

#50 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Oops!

Edited by Aquamarine, 10 February 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#51 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

oh, now yer just quoting Jack, fangirl ;)

Considering that I slow-danced to Stairway To Heaven at my high school prom when Jack was still in elementary school, maybe he's quoting me.

Obviously all DW threads are only for fans of the band and anyone who's reappraised them in the other direction is obviously out of their minds.  Silly me for thinking folks could accept an honestly expressed opposing opinion.

#52 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

It's OK with me if you don't like Robert Plant.  I don't care at all for Bob Dylan, which I'm sure some people would find very disconcerting.  I get that some people won't ever like TDW... I can't relate to it at all, but I get it.  To each his own, I say. More room for me at the rail :D

#53 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Same here (not the Bob Dylan bit!). We're all just expressing our enthusiasm for the DW, I don't think anybody's putting down your opinion, Tam. Just disagreeing with it as part of the general convo. :)

#54 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I enjoyed them on both tours. Good live show, but Jack White isn't the same without a guitar in hand, therefore the Dead Weather are good, but it's just not on the level as his other work.

Horehound > Sea of Cowards

Neither album gets much play on my turntable. I know them from front to back and can enjoy them a lot if I'm in the right mood. I'm ALWAYS in the mood for Jack's other material, but for some reason I have to be in the right mindset to listen to the Dead Weather.

#55 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

If the dead weather did a Grateful Dead cover album, it could be called the.........Grateful DEAD WEATHER.....

And if Robert plant joined in the mix.......well..............

#56 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

grateful dead weather report

i don't think i'd listen to this much, but who knows

#57 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

i barely listen to the dead weather anymore, but they were way better than the craponturds, and i've still never even made it all the way through the solo album.

i guess i'm just not too interested in jack anymore, which just goes to show how lovely all of you are, since that's what's kept me around!

#58 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

i barely listen to the dead weather anymore, but they were way better than the craponturds, and i've still never even made it all the way through the solo album.

i guess i'm just not too interested in jack anymore, which just goes to show how lovely all of you are, since that's what's kept me around!

such an honest statement

i still love and all his projects, but even during times when I had not been "into" his music, I still check this site daily!

#59 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

The Kills Live in NYC is on Palladia at 1pm Est.

#60 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

^ drat--just saw this half a day too late

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users