#41 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

I agree - more Racs!

At the risk of having virtual poison darts thrown at me I might suggest that the Racs re-unite with a slightly different line up?

(Mark Watrous instead of Brendan?)

Sign me the fuck up - Benson is the only shitty part of that band for me!

#42 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

What if we made a super group all the Dead Raconteurs?? terrible idea but lets have a little peak around the corner on it

LJ... laying down some lethal and melodic riffs that suck the life out of that Raconteur sensibility

Fertita... shows his massive talent on the keys as a subtle and mesmerizing flow of drive & creeping dread in a 'Kills' style

Jaime... rips it up with Jack to shred any doubt of their eminent power and shares the mike and stage with Jack and Alison

Alison... kill lyrics while kept in check by Jamie and Jack as a part of being held responsible for her arriving musicianship

Jack... why do we even try to limit or impose my preconceieved notions on the guy?? even though i will say that when it comes to Patrick or Jack as the choice for percussion i think i just want the magic of whatever works

Sign me the fuck up - Benson is the only shitty part of that band for me!

so what do you think about workin out these natural combinations for sake of really following up on a hugely successful union of artists who all work really well together??

#43 tkoger

tkoger

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

I agree - more Racs!

At the risk of having virtual poison darts thrown at me I might suggest that the Racs re-unite with a slightly different line up?

(Mark Watrous instead of Brendan?)

Brendan made the Racs. It'd be like a white stripes reunion with Jack and a Drum machine.

#44 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Brendan made the Racs. It'd be like a white stripes reunion with Jack and a Drum machine.

It's not that I don't think Brendan is great - because I do - but there was at least one performance I witnessed where Brendan was the ruin of the performance - pissed off and sullen. If the vibe doesn't work for him I was suggesting that someone else could step in so the Racs can continue...

#45 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

so what do you think about workin out these natural combinations for sake of really following up on a hugely successful union of artists who all work really well together??

Terrible idea, I don't like Mosshart much at all really - TDW were cool for whatever reason but The Kills have never floated my boat and I don't care for her lyrics or singing either one. LJ should be the bass player for everything though :P

It's not that I don't think Brendan is great - because I do - but there was at least one performance I witnessed where Brendan was the ruin of the performance - pissed off and sullen. If the vibe doesn't work for him I was suggesting that someone else could step in so the Racs can continue...

It's just that I don't think he's great, and I'm glad I'm not the only one he tanked a performance for, he just seems so pissy by 2008. You could just take the rest of The Racs and give 'em a new name to, Raconthreeurs or something :lol:

#46 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

LJ should be the bass player for everything though :P

I was recently listening to a recording of Mississippi Fred playing in 1971 in a small NY club, with Tom Pompasello backing him up on bass. Made me think of LJ and Jack.

#47 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

LJ should be the bass player for everything though :P

I had this conversation with someone earlier today, totally agree :D

#48 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Anyone calling for a lineup change to either The Raconteurs or The Dead Weather doesn't appreciate the bands for what they are. Every single person in a band brings their own element that is part of the total product that is the band.

#49 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

Anyone calling for a lineup change to either The Raconteurs or The Dead Weather doesn't appreciate the bands for what they are. Every single person in a band brings their own element that is part of the total product that is the band.

we all know that to be true and yet nature and the ways of individual will tell us that life evolves and so do bands

#50 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

Alison does that same shit with Jamie except it's even more overt. That's her stupid act and I can't believe people read more into it.

Edited by CaseOfThePunks, 17 June 2011 - 02:53 AM.

#51 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

i seem to recall a picture with everyone sitting on everyone's laps so.... fact is that people play their games

sadly games are the very sort of humor that teach people to be serious in my opinion

#52 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

actually Jack was pretty damned hammered and anyone that's ever seen NOKHTTTC knows that he was drinking like that back in The Stripes days and the amount of times he showed up on stage with a bottle in his hands during TDW tours was exponentially greater, meaning he either didn't care about hiding it or he was drinking a little more (anyone remember him yelling at the "hipsters"? :lol: )

He was drunk on a few high-profile occasions, but when I saw TDW--only 3 times, admittedly--he wasn't, and he doesn't appear to be in the DVDs I've seen either.

And I don't think his judgment was "impaired" at all. What was the "stupid" part?

And I am in an absolutely foul mood so will pursue this no further. :)

#53 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

(various gossip deleted)

#54 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

(various gossip deleted)

He was drunk on a few high-profile occasions, but when I saw TDW--only 3 times, admittedly--he wasn't, and he doesn't appear to be in the DVDs I've seen either.

And I don't think his judgment was "impaired" at all. What was the "stupid" part?

And I am in an absolutely foul mood so will pursue this no further. :)

Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children ;)
But if you'd like to discuss this further it looks like you better PM me as all posts pertaining to Jack drinking were deleted except for the one you have quoted and I'm assuming they don't want us discussing whether or not Jack is drunk at shows

Edited by spastic.jerk, 18 June 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#55 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

Alison does that same shit with Jamie except it's even more overt. That's her stupid act and I can't believe people read more into it.

Ya she does damn it. I hope that all 3 bands break up.

#56 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

we are all just joking

life is a joke

lets all just keep joking around...

right kts?

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 18 June 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#57 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I was just joking :mellow: .

I'm bored with all of this. Really.

#58 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children ;)
But if you'd like to discuss this further it looks like you better PM me as all posts pertaining to Jack drinking were deleted except for the one you have quoted and I'm assuming they don't want us discussing whether or not Jack is drunk at shows

Yeah I know, I saw it. ;)

But it's not that important, so I'll leave it there!

#59 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Yeah I know, I saw it. ;)

But it's not that important, so I'll leave it there!

We all have and we all know Jack like to drink a little :P

#60 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

Oh, no disagreement there. :D I was just saying he wasn't permanently hammered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users