jamesmo32

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

What reunion? They never disbanded.

Neither did the White Stripes... yeah, that sucks. :mellow:
As for replacing Alison, never will happen. Without Baby Ruthless, it wouldn't be The Dead Weather. No way in hell do I want to see Bjork prowling the stage. <_<

#23 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

I want The Dead Weather back on tour, making new music...ASA FUCKING P!

#24 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

As for replacing Alison, never will happen. Without Baby Ruthless, it wouldn't be The Dead Weather. No way in hell do I want to see Bjork prowling the stage. <_<

My thoughts exactly. Those four personalities work perfectly together.

#25 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

i would say that the tension between them worked perfectly to set up some decisive divisions of value actually... im even willing to bet that ferreting out the issues of power play is something that made people question themselves

i dare say that certain individuals might not want to be placed in that situation again because the signals and boundaries were blurred by some intentionally ... ultimately i am looking to see the Dead Weather evolve into a band where the musicians are there purely for musicality and not for self

bjork was mentioned because she would not be prowling but rather be perched

#26 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

what band ever exists for musicality alone & not for self? EGO is the driving force behind anyone whose picked up a guitar, mic or set of drum sticks. without it there would be no legends

#27 Clicky Bump

Clicky Bump

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

I'm not sure if "TDWband" on Twitter is official, but if it is... maybe we'll see some new music in November/December.

SOURCE: http://twitter.com/#!/TDWband/status/63798870265696258

#28 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Its propably official one, but it was written by some site admin on his assumptions when the bandmembers will finish touring with their former ones, but keep in mind that it might take longer (especially with qotsa and maybe kills)
Also even for tdw writing/recording/mastering record takes some time so even if they will kick of within end of november I assume first Q of 2012 as more reliable date (and only if end of the world will be resheduled ;) )

#29 Clicky Bump

Clicky Bump

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

I was reading this as TDW being the next thing that Jack does before another Racs album.

#30 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

what band ever exists for musicality alone & not for self? EGO is the driving force behind anyone whose picked up a guitar, mic or set of drum sticks. without it there would be no legends

i disagree... real and binding musicality is giving the self away and that is why its so hard to sustain if youre not coming from a place that is already infinite and absolute in its appreciation of muse and audience alike ... Ego is the trap that artists fall into when they are no longer using creative expression to replace aggression... i have studied this as indepth thesis actually so i do have an opinion even if i know you can back up how you feel with your ideas according to the values you are pursuing

btw...long term and short term values vary greatly is the easiest way to explain our divergent views in my opinion

#31 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Bjork? worst idea everPosted Image\

and I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about the Racs, don't see it happening with either band, maybe some solo stuff or a new band (and I don't care he said he was only going to be in three bands in that interview a while back, he goes back on a lot of that stuff and I think this is probably going to be one of those times.)

Edited by spastic.jerk, 01 June 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#32 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

That is not an official twitter.

#33 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

I dont know if i agree or disagree, i often sit half comfortably on the fence, but i cannot resist sharing what is seared into my mind any time I hear or see the word ego, ( feel free to cringe Jelly)

#34 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Maybe Brendan can finish his solo album, then shelf it, like he did with My Old, Familiar Friend, then jump into a Raconteurs session? I want more Raconteurssssssssssssssssss

#35 grizzly

grizzly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

I'm going to have to agree with RADICAL on this one...at least, partially. Yes, the tension, excitement, yes/no, should I/ shouldn't I, chemically charged performances and dynamic between certain parties is what made/ makes the band so electric. For me, listening to the music now and really listening to the words and picturing them live brings out so much more meaning. I feel like when they do release another album, it will be very, very loaded with emotion and power - because when you cut through all the bs, they are a talented, loud, raw, bluesy rock band.
I think certain parties put themselves in certain positions but I honestly don't think either thought they would feel like the do. OK - I'm writing like I know them, and I mean no disrespect to anyone - but when you listen to the Kills lyrics, Ghost lyrics, etc I get that impression

#36 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I'm going to have to agree with RADICAL on this one...at least, partially. Yes, the tension, excitement, yes/no, should I/ shouldn't I, chemically charged performances and dynamic between certain parties is what made/ makes the band so electric. For me, listening to the music now and really listening to the words and picturing them live brings out so much more meaning. I feel like when they do release another album, it will be very, very loaded with emotion and power - because when you cut through all the bs, they are a talented, loud, raw, bluesy rock band.

Not sure what you're agreeing with here--doesn't sound like you want to replace Alison with someone, Bjork or otherwise?

#37 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:57 AM

grizzly is likely agreeing with this particular commentary about dynamics ... relative to ego/collaboration

i disagree... real and binding musicality is giving the self away and that is why its so hard to sustain if youre not coming from a place that is already infinite and absolute in its appreciation of muse and audience alike ... Ego is the trap that artists fall into when they are no longer using creative expression to replace aggression... i have studied this as indepth thesis actually so i do have an opinion even if i know you can back up how you feel with your ideas according to the values you are pursuing

btw...long term and short term values vary greatly is the easiest way to explain our divergent views in my opinion

#38 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

Here is a quote from Dean from last winter about the Dead Weather

"Everything seems to happen by accident with that band," he notes, "so who knows -- maybe we'll have a record together in another two weeks. I think we all love the way it works, so I don't see any reason why we wouldn't try to keep it going at some point."

"Just for me as a fan of music and everything, I always gravitated towards a band idea," Fertita explains. "I'm a fan of the band concept. I like the interaction with other people in writing and performing, so that's probably something I'll always keep to." Fertita is confident it(TDW)will make more music in the future as well.

Fertita started making "Hello=Fire" two years ago with Brendan Benson in their native Detroit and continued recording "on days off" from duties with is other bands, including a stint as a utility player on the Raconteurs' first tour. He used a half-dozen studios in locales such as London, Los Angeles and Nashville, joined by Benson, QOTSA bandmates Joey Castillo, Troy Van Leeuwen and Michael Schuman, and the Afghan Whigs' Michael Horrigan.

#39 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

I have to throw in my two cents and say yes, we need Raconteurs NOW. However, I know Brendan is recording another album right now.

I agree - more Racs!

At the risk of having virtual poison darts thrown at me I might suggest that the Racs re-unite with a slightly different line up?

(Mark Watrous instead of Brendan?)

#40 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

I agree - more Racs!

At the risk of having virtual poison darts thrown at me I might suggest that the Racs re-unite with a slightly different line up?

(Mark Watrous instead of Brendan?)

you are a genius really... but what about the obvious choice of Jamie?

as for choosing between Racs and Dead Weather all i can say is that i love the blues and the Racs just dont go there

What if we made a super group all the Dead Raconteurs?? terrible idea but lets have a little peak around the corner on it

LJ... laying down some lethal and melodic riffs that suck the life out of that Raconteur sensibility

Fertita... shows his massive talent on the keys as a subtle and mesmerizing flow of drive & creeping dread in a 'Kills' style

Jaime... rips it up with Jack to shred any doubt of their eminent power and shares the mike and stage with Jack and Alison

Alison... kill lyrics while kept in check by Jamie and Jack as a part of being held responsible for her arriving musicianship

Jack... why do we even try to limit or impose my preconceieved notions on the guy?? even though i will say that when it comes to Patrick or Jack as the choice for percussion i think i just want the magic of whatever works

talk about a new super group... good gravy this shit will be some kind of super nova stellar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users