#41 3mily

3mily

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_5300wt_1141

Next up...Dead Weather Action Figures!!!

i actually got a string doll from a friend and turned her into a little alison doll. coolest. keychain. ever.

anyways i got a pack of these for christmas, i'll scan them sometime this week. each picture (of J, Q, K, etc.) is different.

#42 CassTech

CassTech

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

just think though for 25 bucks right now....save them for 5 years....then sell them for 200. its better than putting your money in the bank. collecting jacks stuff is fun as hell, and again if you go broke someday you can prob make a lot of money of his merch. ill keep buying as long as he keeps the numbers low and makes it available, and as far for not putting on music like some people are saying??? he' pretty much toured every year, put out an album a year, produced numerous albums, helped other bands, helped charities, and oh yeah has kids and a wife! what more do you want from the guy?

#43 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

But come on....kilts, Russian nesting dolls, USB drives, cameras? ... and that's just for the better band (my opinion)

KILTS?? I missed kilts???

#44 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

:lol: , how did you miss the kilts? or was it the kilt material? hell you could have made your own kilt Aqua.

Now I wish I had some of that material. I absolutey love plaid.

But anyhoo........I feel like such a shit. I recieved the cards before Christmas and in all of the mayham, forgot completely about them.

#45 skullfeast

skullfeast

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

one more time, all together now: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT!
I like the cards, they are cute, and my husband got them for me as a stocking stuffer. I love weird merch, always have. I'm a Cure fan as well, they have little spinning tops and magnetic snakes for The Top, along with other weird collectible trinkets. Why complain? So people who do want this sort of thing, and have the money for it, CAN'T buy it? Your jealousy will make it to where other people have to miss out? Please get over the greif people. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't look at it. Don't dream about it. Let the "haves" enjoy what the "have-nots" can not have.

End of my party peice, and I thank you...

#46 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Did you quit smoking again?

#47 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Edited by Angelina79, 06 January 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#48 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

:lol:

#49 Yahor D.

Yahor D.

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

These are cool cards to look at, very well done artistically speaking. They are pretty thin and a little too slippery, in my mind. Gave them to my girlfriend as a present, she liked them too. I am also glad that they are still available, that fans didn't rush to buy them out just because...

A good souvenir overall.

#50 3mily

3mily

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

These are cool cards to look at, very well done artistically speaking. They are pretty thin and a little too slippery, in my mind. Gave them to my girlfriend as a present, she liked them too. I am also glad that they are still available, that fans didn't rush to buy them out just because...

A good souvenir overall.

yeah, they definitely aren't extremely high quality paper. i feel like they would have worked better if they printed them on those clearish/frosted plastic cards.

#51 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:23 AM

:lol: , how did you miss the kilts? or was it the kilt material? hell you could have made your own kilt Aqua.

I've seen Jack IN kilts, but that's all. :( I miss all the groovy stuff!

(I certainly couldn't have made my own kilt, I can barely sew on a button. :ph34r:)

#52 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

I'm with you. Can't sew a stitch :P .

The material was really nice. i know a woman who had a purse made out of it. It was pretty.

Anyhoo, I still haven't opened my cards yet :wacko: , what the heck is my problem?

Edited by kts1997, 07 January 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#53 skullfeast

skullfeast

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

?

#54 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

Weren't you cranky in here a few months ago because you'd recently quit smoking? Or am I confusing you with another LRer whose pseudonym begins with 's'...?

#55 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

i just picked up a set of these cards recently and recall the time when i believed that $25 dollars was too much for them

after looking at them again and again i realized that i would like to use them as study images for a painting because i do feel the Dead Weather is the sort of exploration into archetype and psyche that i would like to study relative to re-examining history and culture

here is my first study

Posted Image

just think though for 25 bucks right now....save them for 5 years....then sell them for 200. its better than putting your money in the bank. collecting jacks stuff is fun as hell, and again if you go broke someday you can prob make a lot of money of his merch.
ill keep buying as long as he keeps the numbers low and makes it available, and as far for not putting on music like some people are saying??? he' pretty much toured every year, put out an album a year, produced numerous albums, helped other bands, helped charities, and oh yeah has kids and a wife! what more do you want from the guy?

this style of writing reminds me of myself... too cool

Jack should come out with some "TMR Identity Discs" - they play music when you fling them and can cut someone's head off.
Great fun for the kids!!!

you really do have a serious sense of humor.... i have tons of respect for that

How boring and bland merch would get if everyone had to stick to t-shirts. Jack has the means and imagination to get creative with merch. And when he does, it sells. Why condemn that?

i have to agree that i would rather money go to support artists in general than the hundreds of thousands of crap bands out there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users