89 replies to this topic

#81 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

^they totally got the Icky Thump look wrong. (gimme a break...)

I have no idea why you are calling me out on this. I was referring to an article that said Jack had the gaucho/black look going on during the Icky Thump tour, which was wrong. I was using that as one example of the writer not knowing what he was talking about.

#82 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:01 AM

I have no idea why you are calling me out on this. I was referring to an article that said Jack had the gaucho/black look going on during the Icky Thump tour, which was wrong. I was using that as one example of the writer not knowing what he was talking about.

i get the perspective on that now... appreciated... as for the other stuff and ideas... well we may have to agree to disagree in a few ways

#83 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:48 AM

i am not being condescending at all ... fact is that if you can only see limited potential or believe that one style/thing/band is truly better than another then you are limiting your mind and the optimism of how to understand Jack White...

Condescension is a show of disdain and superiority in which the condescending person patronizes, or considers him/herself superior and "descends" to the level of, the disdained person.

Fact: you are being condescending.

#84 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

Condescension is a show of disdain and superiority in which the condescending person patronizes, or considers him/herself superior and "descends" to the level of, the disdained person.

Fact: you are being condescending.

What about the idea that i wanted to enhance the conversation with increased options or more appreciation than was being offered??...

Could you possibly try allowing me the idea of having the intention to expand the conversation to some broader set of terms without making some heirarchy of oppression which forces me to fulfill some cycle of 'victimizing' becomes 'the victim' as psychological role play which i very much have been avoiding??

This is not a set of predatorial conditions here even though i have seen some predators in this place... so ... your input and your need to label me because i mentioned 'small minds' carries no appreciation when i am clearly just a free being who is not afraid to take my muzzle of 'glad mouth' off for the sake of compromising the bigger view which is possible and probable...

So please... quit dressing me down like i belong in your particular haberdasher code if you will... thanks

Honestly... that which you take as condescension implies that you look up to me and i would appreciate it if we were to be thought of as on the same level

like i said... get off my back :offtopic:

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 20 February 2011 - 08:59 AM.

#85 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

remember... this is why we came here... to see the best in it as opposed to tear it all down...

cheers and cheerio!

#86 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

remember... this is why we came here... to see the best in it as opposed to tear it all down...

Just out of curiousity... how many of you think that Alison is very similar to Shirley Manson who likely influenced Jack's interest in choosing a different sort of female front person for Dead Weather??

this video makes me think he wanted to see how that style worked out as an option...

#87 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

how many of you think that Alison is very similar to Shirley Manson who likely influenced Jack's interest in choosing a different sort of female front person for Dead Weather??

I dont know how many times Jack said that the dead weather were not something he planned or put together, and that it just happenned that way by accident Posted ImagePosted Image of course you already know I think you got to take Jack with a bunch of salt

#88 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

:happybday:

#89 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

hmmmmmm.... long time no action in this thread... and looking back I can see why... but I just needed to come here and post that I REALLY MISS THE DEAD WEATHER!!!! Seriously, could we not at least have had an EP by now? is that tooooooooo much to ask? probably. I know they're busy making metal records housed in wood boxes over at the ol' Third Man (or maybe not since they've not sold out yet?) who knows. but it's been far too quite over there imo. so it's a perfect time for the Dead Weather to come back and take us all by storm!

#90 grizzly

grizzly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Uh, DIIIIIII-TTTTTTTO!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users