89 replies to this topic

#21 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

well put - no matter how you feel about them it's been a hell of a journey. Would love to hear more, but Jack I'm sure will move on to bigger and better things. Looking forward to seeing what they will be :ph34r:

#22 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

Am i missing something here? They announced they're quitting?

#23 ytgbikn

ytgbikn

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

They aren't quitting, everyone but Jack is going back to their respective bands for a year or 2

#24 favian

favian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

TMR needs to do their own travelling festival complete with everybody - Greenhornes, White Stripes, Brendan Benson, Karen Elson, The Kills, Raconteurs, The Dead Weather ... just bring everybody out and have a blast. That way everybody is happy :) And it would be freaking awesome.

But yeah. I'll miss the Dead Weather for sure, but I'm also excited to see what new projects will come in the new year.

no that's okay, the last thing we need is something like this except for jack white fans:

don't want to be a closed in community, all are welcome, dont want to alienate people.

#25 Spamber

Spamber

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

Haha yeah perhaps it would be a bit much in reality, but a girl can dream...

#26 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

I hope that I will see them again, after seeing them 3 times, and having my best show memories seeing them, I hope that they return. I remember seeing them when they played Jimmy Kimmel, I was in line and heard them during sound check, god I was wished that they would let the crowd in to see the sound check. anyways while in line the security guy said that I couldnt go in because I had a bag and my friend couldn't either because she had a purse! My heart sank so we left my other friend by herself in front of the long line and went back to the parking structure to put the purses away in my car. Well i couldnt find my goddamn car in the big structure! We were taking forever and I thought I would miss seeing them and/or get a crappy spot when I was in the front of the line. Major anxiety set it. When I found my car, we threw the purses in and ran back, I was fearful of what would happen. Luckily THANK GOD, they had not let anyone in and my friend was still in the front of the line! I joined her and was so relieved. I ended up in the second row. SO CLOSE to the stage that during the commercial before the band played I saw myself on tv when they panned across the audience. I was so excited because I never been so close, it was a hot summer day, and alison looked and sounded so stunning, I was at awe at how absolutely amazing they were. It wasnt a complete show, but that was my favorite time seeing the Dead Weather.

Edited by Rumble, 06 August 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#27 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

I really wouldn't have my mind set on anything. All the members really seem to enjoy playing in The Dead Weather. They could come together in a month and be like damn, I miss the road, let's go. They came together spontaneously, they made their first album spontaneously, you never know what's going to happen. I would at least expect another single off Sea of Cowards to be coming in the near future. All I'm saying is you never know, and I can't wait to see what The Dead Weather do next.

#28 elizab0727

elizab0727

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

This thread is a nasty surprise. I was there Tuesday night and they were SO on! But I couldn't see a thing and was really looking forward to the streaming video of all the festivals I assumed they'd be playing. Also figured they'd be on the first week of the new Conan show, with two songs maybe? Well damn! Obviously I wasn't paying attention.

I definitely don't think they're done since they're so clearly having a blast whenever they perform. Hard to believe anyone in the media suggested they had negative energy. I still wish they had some stronger songs but I think they gelled much more as a band than the Racs ever did. Come back soon......

#29 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

Speaking of Conan, I'm hoping for The White Stripes or The Raconteurs to play the first show :) haha

#30 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Speaking of Conan, I'm hoping for The White Stripes or The Raconteurs to play the first show :) haha

Ah well don't we all :P

#31 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

It just doesn't seem right if Jack isn't playing it. Whether it's solo or his other bands, he needs to play :wub:

#32 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

yep

#33 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

I had a long post to reply, but I will just say this.

I will miss The Dead Weather and though I will be excited for whatever comes next, not even a White Stripes show can compare to a Dead Weather show. This band is so intense and has all the right elements. they have such chemistry together, and Alison really just makes that band for me.

Ready for the next step, hopefully another DW record by 2012!!

#34 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

What a welcome and relatable thread...
After seeing my fifth & last Dead Weather show in August, I felt such a depression come over me... DWWD, DeadWeatherWithDrawl. I've spent the past year following them about to various locales. It's been quite a ride to plan a trip to a fun town, knowing the visit will culminate in seeing my four favorite musicians playing, literally, feet from my face. What their music and performances have meant to me cannot be measured. The memories I've accumulated from these legendary performances will last me a lifetime. I can only hope they'll miss performing with each other as much as we, the die-hard Dead Weather fans, miss seeing them perform live, and are back at it next Spring.

#35 xina

xina

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

DeadWeatherWithDrawl

web md let me down; but now i know what i have been infected with.

#36 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

DeadWeatherWithDrawl

DeadWeatherWithoutDrawl must be that band from New Jersey.

#37 tubezipper

tubezipper

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

The Dead Weather have been my favorite band since June 09. Before them shockingly i was not a Jack White fan as i am now.
I love them and are by far one of the best bands, especially in this day and age. The musicianship, the power, the incredible rawness. They will be back. :D

#38 da da da da!

da da da da!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

well, i feel sad i missed so many shows. and i am too broke to even own the first DW cd :(
but, i love them. and i cant wait to finally hear that first release dammit

i hope to see more and more of Jack jamming out the jams on his beloved drums.
what a chilling sight.

#39 da da da da!

da da da da!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

The Dead Weather have been my favorite band since June 09. Before them shockingly i was not a Jack White fan as i am now.
I love them and are by far one of the best bands, especially in this day and age. The musicianship, the power, the incredible rawness. They will be back. :D

yeah, the rawness.
They blow me away with thier chemistry. so powerful, dark and beatiful

#40 Sassy_Sez

Sassy_Sez

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

Lovely OP.

I think they'll be back, but it's been one hell of a journey in recent times. I took a while to warm up to TDW, I liked Horehound but didn't love it. But then SOC came out, blew me away and I was hooked - even the songs on HH that initially I was a bit "meh?" about I now love. I'm so kicking myself for not going to the Melbourne gig... and I was down in the city that weekend for the A League grand final too. Feck.

Oh - that TMR festival idea, with everyone connected in some way to TMR playing? Fuck yes. I'd sell everything I own to be able to afford a ticket to it!

Edited by Sassy_Sez, 04 September 2010 - 10:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users