113 replies to this topic

#21 Scraggy-Arsed Tramp

Scraggy-Arsed Tramp

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

The posters are awesome!! I love them, and i love the whole idea too :D A poster for each gig, collect them life trophies! Can't wait to see what my next one will look like.....as long as they get their fine musically talented asses back to europe! and hopefully play a Dublin show this time eh folks?!

#22 Grimtale

Grimtale

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

Here is one from the Atlanta show. I have a few more at the framers now, I'll post in a few weeks.
-Grim

#23 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

I finally finished framing all my TDW posters, with the exception of a duplicate and a little Sea of Cowards promo poster (the KKK one) that a record store day guy kindly gave me. Oh, and the various ones that arrive with Vault records. Those are still in the record sleeves.

The variety of mats and frame widths is because I get 'art' at junk shops and use the frames. If I remember, I put the crappy art back in behind the Dead Weather poster because let's face it, some of them might be worth something to somebody one of these days. It's irksome that I've had more regular folks visit that room (e.g. wallboard repair men and termite hunters) since I've had that "Tell Me To Fuck Off If You Like" in huge type straight opposite the doorway than I have had in the last five years. Originally I did worry about the cleaners, whose job it is to tilt all the pictures in all the rooms to crazy angles, leaving me a note telling me to fuck off, but they didn't take the hint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What I actually need now is more walls...I'd hate to lose the Egypt and Led Zeppelin posters to fit in the other Dead Weather ones, but I am literally out of space.

#24 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

Posted Image

Here is one from the Atlanta show. I have a few more at the framers now, I'll post in a few weeks.
-Grim

I didn't like that poster... until today! it looks awesome framed!

I finally finished framing all my TDW posters, with the exception of a duplicate and a little Sea of Cowards promo poster (the KKK one) that a record store day guy kindly gave me. Oh, and the various ones that arrive with Vault records. Those are still in the record sleeves.

The variety of mats and frame widths is because I get 'art' at junk shops and use the frames. If I remember, I put the crappy art back in behind the Dead Weather poster because let's face it, some of them might be worth something to somebody one of these days. It's irksome that I've had more regular folks visit that room (e.g. wallboard repair men and termite hunters) since I've had that "Tell Me To Fuck Off If You Like" in huge type straight opposite the doorway than I have had in the last five years. Originally I did worry about the cleaners, whose job it is to tilt all the pictures in all the rooms to crazy angles, leaving me a note telling me to fuck off, but they didn't take the hint.

What I actually need now is more walls...I'd hate to lose the Egypt and Led Zeppelin posters to fit in the other Dead Weather ones, but I am literally out of space.

You got an nice collection! I got 3 of the ones you have (mayan mexico & guadalajara) could you take closer picture of the one of Metro City by Billy Perkins?

Edited by Chris Ramlar, 25 April 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#25 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

those are some great posters ES! Where did you come across that fuck of poster?

#26 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

those are some great posters ES! Where did you come across that fuck of poster?

It was on sale for $5 at the Third Man West pop up. (And I think I overpaid as I think they were free during the free show.) I'd love to get the two? or one? TMLYM that I'm missing as well. They are huge, though.

Chris Ramlar, I've taken the close-up pic and I'll post it when I'm not on my laptop. It's a really nice poster.

#27 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

thanks so much for the info - going to have to keep my eyes peeled as that is just wonderfully offensive and I need one for my wall now :P

#28 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

thanks so much for the info - going to have to keep my eyes peeled as that is just wonderfully offensive and I need one for my wall now :P

I've seen them a lot on Ebay they show up very often

edit: knew it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1271wt_1165

Edited by Chris Ramlar, 26 April 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#29 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

are all those posters from shows you have attended??

Edited by hxcoliver, 26 April 2010 - 03:15 AM.

#30 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

You got an nice collection! I got 3 of the ones you have (mayan mexico & guadalajara) could you take closer picture of the one of Metro City by Billy Perkins?

Metro City is a beauty, isn't it? If you save that to your desktop you should be able to zoom it a bit and take a good look.

Posted Image

hxcoliver: No, I wish I had attended all of those. The ones with tickets in (Mayan and Las Vegas, and my brother's Newcastle) are the attended ones. Some I got because I loved them, like the Metro City one, and some my brother gave me.

(I've attended other shows but didn't get posters. Also, I attended Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains The Same, not Madison Square Gardens but the premiere of the movie. That's a 2008 poster but I didnt get one way back when. In fact I don't think they'd invented merchandising in those days. That's why that one has wall space.)

Uncle Jerk: LOL! "Wonderfully offensive" indeed!

Edited by Elixir_Sue, 26 April 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#31 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

I've seen them a lot on Ebay they show up very often

edit: knew it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1271wt_1165

thanks for that "wonderfully offensive" link :P A little rich for my blood, I refuse to pay more than like 25 bucks for a poster, which is why I have such a small collection but they've all been good finds. Now I know to keep an eye on the dreaded E-Bay and see if I can snag one of them up - thanks for all the help :D

#32 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Metro City is a beauty, isn't it? If you save that to your desktop you should be able to zoom it a bit and take a good look.

Beautiful indeed! thanks for the close up I think I'll get one to match the bride! speaking of "the bride" have you seen the new posters by methane studios? they made a whole set of skeleton people check them out! the only bad think its the color doesn't quite match the one of the bride...

#33 The Metallurgist

The Metallurgist

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

Some from my Oz tour - more to come (next week);

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Beautiful indeed! thanks for the close up I think I'll get one to match the bride! speaking of "the bride" have you seen the new posters by methane studios? they made a whole set of skeleton people check them out! the only bad think its the color doesn't quite match the one of the bride...

No, I hadn't, but I have now. I like "Priest" best.

#35 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Some from my Oz tour - more to come (next week);

Love the second one. I guess if you're a Dead Weather poster artist, it helps to live close to a really good cemetary. Or battlefield.

#36 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

I hadn't ever seen that second one - that is boss for sure! :wub:

#37 stripe81

stripe81

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

I designed the 2nd one!
So cool to see someone who ended up with one at the show.
I have them for sale on my website:
www.thirdalertdesigns.com

#38 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

hxcoliver: No, I wish I had attended all of those. The ones with tickets in (Mayan and Las Vegas, and my brother's Newcastle) are the attended ones. Some I got because I loved them, like the Metro City one, and some my brother gave me.

(I've attended other shows but didn't get posters. Also, I attended Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains The Same, not Madison Square Gardens but the premiere of the movie. That's a 2008 poster but I didnt get one way back when. In fact I don't think they'd invented merchandising in those days. That's why that one has wall space.)

oh now i see the tickets on there. that is a very nice collection. all i have is the vegas one and the pomona show. i'll take some pictures soon

is the skeleton bride from the Mayan show part of the same "series" i guess you could call it, as the priest and groom ones from recent shows? same artist?

#39 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

I designed the 2nd one!
So cool to see someone who ended up with one at the show.
I have them for sale on my website:
www.thirdalertdesigns.com

Posted Image nice - love the arc, I might have to snag one of these when I get some change in my pocket :P

#40 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

oh now i see the tickets on there. that is a very nice collection. all i have is the vegas one and the pomona show. i'll take some pictures soon

is the skeleton bride from the Mayan show part of the same "series" i guess you could call it, as the priest and groom ones from recent shows? same artist?

They are all by Methane Studios but I didn't check out the artists. The Skull Bride looks to be a different color as it is blue in real life. Then again, on a website skull bride looks black and white like the new skull ones. Maybe they are all the same color in daylight?

Edited by Elixir_Sue, 27 April 2010 - 09:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users