113 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hi guys, I'm going to frame some The Dead Weather posters and I would like to see what type of frames are other people using on theirs thanks a bunch!

Chris

#2 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:29 AM

Well I only have one of my 3 framed. The one I do have framed is the one from the Mayan show in LA. I was so damn excited when I got it that I went and got a cheap poster frame for it. I havent had a problem with it and I think it looks fine, but I want to get the others professionally framed. I feel it will look best and really help protect them. I would cry if something happened to these babies :unsure:

#3 themeadowlands

themeadowlands

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Sorry, I've only got photos of photos of my posters in frames.

I guess I could take a photo of the photo of the photo of my poster in a frame if you'd like?

#4 that's2009

that's2009

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

Walmart has some pretty decent basic frames if you don't want to spend the money to get them framed professionally. I just bought four black wooden ones for some other posters I have and they cost between $14-28, they come in a whole whack of unusual sizes too, not just for the standard roll up posters.

And that's the end of my Walmart commercial.

I feel guilty every time I shop there...

#5 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Well I only have one of my 3 framed. The one I do have framed is the one from the Mayan show in LA. I was so damn excited when I got it that I went and got a cheap poster frame for it. I havent had a problem with it and I think it looks fine, but I want to get the others professionally framed. I feel it will look best and really help protect them. I would cry if something happened to these babies :unsure:

That's exactly the poster I want to frame, for me its one of the best posters they've made, and I also take good care of my posters when they arrive I just take them out one time see them and put them back to the tube they were shipped with.

Edited by Chris Ramlar, 10 April 2010 - 03:32 PM.

#6 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Sorry, I've only got photos of photos of my posters in frames.

I guess I could take a photo of the photo of the photo of my poster in a frame if you'd like?

that would be cool thanks!

#7 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

I framed my Terminal 5 poster. I'll try to get a picture of it tonight.

By the way, it's a good idea to store your posters flat, rather than in a tube, for long term storage. More info here: http://www.expressob...ring_Your_Print

I bought a portfolio when it was on sale at a craft store & it works really well.

#8 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

I feel guilty every time I shop there...

So do I, but I still do it anyways :P I think I'm going to hell - I mean I know it's wrong but I do it anyways, oh well :lol:

#9 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

IBy the way, it's a good idea to store your posters flat, rather than in a tube, for long term storage. More info here: http://www.expressob...ring_Your_Print

I bought a portfolio when it was on sale at a craft store & it works really well.

thanks so much!! didn't know that I'll get one as soon as possible =D

#10 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

No problem! i didn't know that at first either. But now it's so much easier to look at my posters & when I got to frame one it's already flat.

Ok, here is my DW poster:

Posted Image

Sorry for the bad photo. I just can't seem to get good pictures of my posters in this apartment. Anyway, I went with a store bought frame for this one. Got it 50% off at hobby lobby. Then I took it to my framer & we chose a charcoal outer mat & a blue inner mat. I think it looks pretty snazzy. The photo really doesn't do it justice!

#11 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

Hobby Lobby's where i do all my frame shopping as well - gotta love those sales don't you? :lol: Looks great by the way :wub:

#12 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

man it looks amazing! I was looking for something like that! thanks a lot

#13 3mily

3mily

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

Posted Image
just got this back from Aaron Brothers today.
basic black frame, but got it matted there with just Silver matting. The silver's a close match with the silver in the picture (it's amazing how many different silver's there are when you're forced to find a match) and I can't get over how much I love it.

#14 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

^^^ that looks great!

And thanks, Mr. Jerk & Chris! Glad you 2 like my frame job! I certainly love it.

#15 Scraggy-Arsed Tramp

Scraggy-Arsed Tramp

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Wow Angelina79! That looks awesome!!! Have not framed either of my posters yet :( I was at the two London shows at Halloween and sadly had to fly home the next day so i missed their free gig and all that yummy glow in the dark vinyl, i know, i know i should have just booked another flight, i am an idiot! Got the two posters though. Framing is expensive so i think i'll get some nice cheap ones to put them in. I think we should all post our posters here too :D It would be nice to see other one's.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Scraggy-Arsed Tramp, 13 April 2010 - 08:09 AM.

#16 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:36 AM

Wow Angelina79! That looks awesome!!! Have not framed either of my posters yet :( I was at the two London shows at Halloween and sadly had to fly home the next day so i missed their free gig and all that yummy glow in the dark vinyl, i know, i know i should have just booked another flight, i am an idiot! Got the two posters though. Framing is expensive so i think i'll get some nice cheap ones to put them in. I think we should all post our posters here too :D It would be nice to see other one's.
Posted Image

I got the "match" for ur UK poster its from Mexico City by the same artist (Alan Hynes) sorry for the awful picture it doesn't make justice once I frame it I'll post a better picture

Posted Image

and another one from I concert I didn't go but its an amazing piece of art

Posted Image

Edited by Chris Ramlar, 14 April 2010 - 05:01 AM.

#17 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

This posters look awesome framed!

Posted Image

keep posting littlerommers!

#18 orangeshoeskid

orangeshoeskid