45 replies to this topic

#21 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

Competitions for signed stuff and some other cool stuff coming very soon, exclusively to the Facebook group. So if you haven't already joined up, do it!

I'm not going to join Facebook, even to get signed Dean stuff.

#22 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

my gf already made me join so I might as well get something useful out of it :lol:

#23 Hello=Fire

Hello=Fire

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

To celebrate 500+ friends of our Facebook page, we want to give something back! We are giving our Facebook fans the chance to own a 180g Hello=Fire vinyl autographed by Dean Fertita himself (we have 5 to give away).

RUN!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/HelloFire/320197387143

Edited by Hello=Fire, 08 April 2010 - 12:08 PM.

#24 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

Nice, thanks :wub:

#25 The Metallurgist

The Metallurgist

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

To celebrate 500+ friends of our Facebook page, we want to give something back! We are giving our Facebook fans the chance to own a 180g Hello=Fire vinyl autographed by Dean Fertita himself (we have 5 to give away).

RUN!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/HelloFire/320197387143

Ow, I tripped over and banged my toe running to send off the email - lucky I wasn't carrying scissors :P

#26 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image
:lol: glad you didn't hurt yourself, to badly :P

#27 funkycandycaner

funkycandycaner

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

http://talbrosh.com/.../Exp_Pt1_2.html

Is this actually something that's going to be released or is it just a project by the designer?

#28 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

The quote on the opening image (image 1 out of 18 is just text rather than a picture) makes me think it is just a test or something, but that just looks fucking killer - don't know how much that would cost, doubt I'd be able to afford it but it does look amazing, especially if someone just did that in their free time or some shit :ph34r:

#29 The Metallurgist

The Metallurgist

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

it is particularly inspired :wub:

#30 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

I was looking at it and I was like legit - no bootleg, no legit :lol: Doubt I'd be able to afford it if it ever got released anyways, but it looks so fucking cool and tempting :P

#31 Hello=Fire

Hello=Fire

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Experimental ideas...

The giveaway was drawn. If you didn't win, fear not...we have another one coming soon.

We also have a kick-ass "official" URL - www.facebook.com/helloequalsfire

and so do Schnitzel - http://www.facebook....chnitzelrecords

Edited by Hello=Fire, 08 May 2010 - 01:28 PM.

#32 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

nice :P

Edited by spastic.jerk, 08 May 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#33 Hello=Fire

Hello=Fire

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

You guys better get over to the Facebook...

http://www.facebook....helloequalsfire

#34 SallySatelite

SallySatelite

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

You can hear an interview with Dean this Thursday, June 24th at 4pm cst.
We caught up with Dean after his EXPLOSIVE set with The Dead Weather at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival! He told us more about his new solo project: Hello = Fire, the future of The Dead Weather, and a whole lot more!

The interview will air around 4:00PM CST on WXAV 88.3FM Chicago but you can also LISTEN ONLINE through our blog: thursdaycasserole.blogspot.com

Join the facebook event here: http://www.facebook....128871347144706

and the Hello=Fire page: http://www.facebook....helloequalsfire

any questions email us at: Thursdaycasserole@gmail.com

#35 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

Interesting little interview with Dean, and his new project sounds definitely one to look forward to.

You know, somehow I hadn't realized that the Dead Weather were "winding down" as the interviewer said, or that the band's future was quite so tenuous. Dean did keep saying he thought the others would want to find time for the band again amid their other projects, but I think I'd come to regard TDW as having a sort of established ongoing existence . . .

#36 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

Oh, I have not heard that interview yet, should I go listen to it?

I would assume the dead weather would go on for as long as they are *inspired to write * not sick of each other *have the time

Edit:Oh, I completely forgot about this, So I didnt tune in, but I think they are going to post it on the thursdaycasserole website after, Ill have to wait.

Edited by cheriebobbins, 24 June 2010 - 07:07 PM.

#37 The Contrarian

The Contrarian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

The Dead Weather have been going straight out with recording and touring and stuff for over a year now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we start seeing some of the member's other projects coming out with new stuff this year.

#38 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

The Dead Weather have been going straight out with recording and touring and stuff for over a year now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we start seeing some of the member's other projects coming out with new stuff this year.

Well yeah I was going to write somwething like that but edited it out... lol...
they have had a long Dead Weather year with 2 albums and are all due for something in their other bands soon,
Hello Fire, The Kills, The greenhornes maybe, The White Stripes maybe (ducks flying missiles from "we prefer Rac's" fans)
would be a while before they had time for The Dead Weather again, so winding down could just mean that...

But, I have not heard what Dean said yet.

Edited by cheriebobbins, 24 June 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#39 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

The interviewer just said "so, the Dead Weather are winding down now," and Dean agreed but said that there was still "unfinished business" as there had been with HH--songs left over, things they're working on, etc., so he thought they'd work together again. It makes total sense that they will now do other things, it's just that I just had these sort of assumptions about TDW as an ongoing band.

It was too bad that they didn't have any material from Hello=Fire to play on this interview, though they did play stuff from his other bands. The interview itself is only about 10 minutes.

#40 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

The interviewer just said "so, the Dead Weather are winding down now," and Dean agreed but said that there was still "unfinished business" as there had been with HH--songs left over, things they're working on, etc., so he thought they'd work together again. It makes total sense that they will now do other things, it's just that I just had these sort of assumptions about TDW as an ongoing band.

It was too bad that they didn't have any material from Hello=Fire to play on this interview, though they did play stuff from his other bands. The interview itself is only about 10 minutes.

They didn't have anything from Hello=Fire to play? WTF? I love the Dead Weather and I'd never want it to 'wind down', but on the other hand Hello=Fire has some wonderful moving tracks on it that show what Dean (and especially Dean and Brendan together) can do. Surely somebody can find 2.40 to illustrate how good these songs are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users