1331 replies to this topic

#21 M@rk

M@rk

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

i saw Jack, LJ, Dean and Alisson play in other bands!!!!!!

do we REALLY need this? :D

#22 WanderingStranger

WanderingStranger

Asked To Be Deleted

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

Fact: Bears love to climb through your garbage and don't like surprises.

wonder if jack still dumpster dives...

#23 rag-and-bone

rag-and-bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

"hang you from the heavens" was on 105.7 the point today.

....which is really weird, because they NEVER play white stripes OR raconteurs. st. louis kind of has a lack of love for jack... at least i've found it does.

nevertheless, i freaked out then rocked out while my little sister got weirded out on the way home from school today. fun stuff.

#24 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

i saw Jack, LJ, Dean and Alisson play in other bands!!!!!!

do we REALLY need this? :D

yeah it's weird, i'm watching the Raconteurs Austin City limits fro 2006 and 3 of the Dead Weather are playing.

Edited by macwacky, 16 March 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#25 Kaseyls

Kaseyls

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

Big spread on Alison Mosshart in the latest Interview Magazine. The Dead Weather are mentioned in the beginning, but interview focuses on The Kills. I really liked it. Cool pics of her too. Sorry I can't scan.

#26 thealec

thealec

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

http://www.mojo4musi...ead_weathe.html
""How do you like my new home away from home?" says Jack, welcoming the MOJO and the other 149 invitees - friends and family mostly, including Meg White, Sheryl Crow, country singer Martina McBride, plus 30 lucky fans who won tickets through a messageboard - to what he calls his "bear cave".

I wonder if this is a way of saying we are in his cave, and hes the bear, but we don't know the bear is in the cave. Or better said as he lurks the forum

#27 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

these threads always creep me out and can seem intrusive at times...at others it's updates of articles and blurbs...but yea, sometimes it's weird.

#28 TheMaunderers

TheMaunderers

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

I wonder if this is a way of saying we are in his cave, and hes the bear, but we don't know the bear is in the cave. Or better said as he lurks the forum

dude, he's talking about his office... notice the hyphen?

#29 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

The Little Room isn't his bear cave, he's referring to the new studio/office/record co.
Go read it again.

#30 TheMaunderers

TheMaunderers

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

The Little Room isn't his bear cave, he's referring to the new studio/office/record co.
Go read it again.

thank you sir! :lol:

#31 lil leslie

lil leslie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

In the newest issue of Rolling Stone

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 noman

noman

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

^ Thanks for the scans

I've noticed in both pictures they're all wearing the same outifts but Jack's moustache seems to have come and gone and we never got the chance to enjoy it.

#33 whatsername

whatsername

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

I've noticed in both pictures they're all wearing the same outifts but Jack's moustache seems to have come and gone and we never got the chance to enjoy it.

^ and that's just fine with me!

thanks for the scans lil leslie. I think my free subscription ran out last issue. dang.

#34 thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

went over by third man studios yesterday with a few friends, during our lunch break. i had not seen it in person yet, but they had. it's still being renovated, essentially. there were many workers there - the "big" garage door was open. long story short, jack came walking up the alley next to the studio with two other dudes (i think one was the lead guy from kings of leon, not sure about the other one). jack was a bit startled at the sight of us (all dressed in business casual, lol...) as he walked up the driveway of third man. here was the the exchange:

Me: 'hey...'
1st friend: 'hey, how's it going?'
Jack: 'howdy, howdy'
2nd friend: 'the place looks great!'
Jack: 'thanks'

Jack and crew never broke stride just walked right into the studio. he looked either pissed or determined about something. either way, not in a talkative mood, at least with us.

wild.

#35 rag-and-bone

rag-and-bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

so, what you're saying is, basically, if i'm in nashville, and jack's not on tour, he's probably at this place?

sweet.

....i'm not a stalker.....

#36 ms8shaw

ms8shaw

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

went over by third man studios yesterday with a few friends, during our lunch break. i had not seen it in person yet, but they had. it's still being renovated, essentially. there were many workers there - the "big" garage door was open. long story short, jack came walking up the alley next to the studio with two other dudes (i think one was the lead guy from kings of leon, not sure about the other one). jack was a bit startled at the sight of us (all dressed in business casual, lol...) as he walked up the driveway of third man. here was the the exchange:

Me: 'hey...'
1st friend: 'hey, how's it going?'
Jack: 'howdy, howdy'
2nd friend: 'the place looks great!'
Jack: 'thanks'

Jack and crew never broke stride just walked right into the studio. he looked either pissed or determined about something. either way, not in a talkative mood, at least with us.

wild.

I am sure he realized in setting up shop that people are going to be lurkers around the area, it is inevitable. I guess if you catch him on a chatty day then he'll talk,otherwise, business as usual, eh?

#37 thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

so, what you're saying is, basically, if i'm in nashville, and jack's not on tour, he's probably at this place?

sweet.

....i'm not a stalker.....

lol. i guess you could say that. we had no expectation of actually seeing him - i was interested in seeing third man (which looks totally cool on the outside, btw). one of the workers there said it would be done in about 3 - 4 weeks.

i'm not a stalker, either. really.

#38 genrader

genrader

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

Jack will probably be there a lot and it'd be cool to run into him but he'll be busy a lot so I wouldn't recommend trying to force any kind of conversation.

#39 gromit

gromit

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Thanks leslie , but no thanks to Jack's 'stache. :wacko: He looks much better w/o it. On the other hand, Dean looks great with his stache.

#40 rob_toronto

rob_toronto

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

(i think one was the lead guy from kings of leon, not sure about the other one).

I'm not a Kings of Leon fan, but I don't think that was him since they're touring in Auz right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users