#21 The Walrus

The Walrus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

stand.by

we have been playing for months, and i really dont know if there was a band with that name, maybe i should search, or tell me

its a mix of brit pop like oasis, the strokes and stone temple pilots, its to weird, but i like it

but no pics, only about 16 songs, and now we're trying with the demo versions

#22 slicker_drips

slicker_drips

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

i used to be in a band called the stapled babies which was mostly punk with a little garage on the side i was on guitar, my ex boyfriend was on vocals and his friend richard was on drums. but i broke up with hamish and it ended...so sad. it wasnt really my style anyway........................................

Edited by slicker_drips, 30 December 2005 - 08:47 PM.

#23 mrawesome

mrawesome

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:30 PM

I've been in one band for a year now, which is a standard five-piece set up (2 guitars, drums, bass, vocalist). I, personally, contribut my hott gitar lixx. We're called Ritalin, which is the worst name for us.

I also just started a second band, called Orange. It's me and two friends, and we all switch between drums, bass and guitar depending on the song and how we feel.

I don't have any pictures and I am really bad with computers, so I can't be bothered to upload any music.

Edited by mrawesome, 31 December 2005 - 03:31 PM.

#24 Ahab

Ahab

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:36 PM

the scurvies are really good in here!!!

#25 erikhendrix420

erikhendrix420

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:08 PM

here's my site... it has one live recording with vocals and two unfinished instrumentals... "Let me Guess" is kind of hypno-rock esque... i guess... "What Summer Must Feel Like" is an acoustic diddy where i took a live loop of one of my segway's and solo'd over it using Cool Edit Pro... (this has since been turned into an intro)...The third is a live cover of "Dyin' Crapshooter's Blues" (Jack's version) that i played hammered at an artsy-fartsy art show(make's since i guess) for people "too cool for the room"... it was funny watching them almost shit when i played "When the President Talks to God"...

Idl3 Edison

comments would be appreciated... and I AM NOT a lead singer so my vocals on Dyin' aren't great...

Edit: the members are me, myself and I... i use friends to take care of vocals at gigs and recording... and the drums at gigs(can only play one instrument at a time...)

Edited by erikhendrix420, 31 December 2005 - 07:16 PM.

#26 crimsoncitizen

crimsoncitizen

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

Hey, I, uh. Have a band. Or am in a band. Or rather. I am the band. It's just me making noise. I don't know what you'd call it, but I suppose I'm better than most people who say that. I, have a myspace with one Dylan cover and the other three are songs that i wrote. These, songs are. aged. Recorded/Released in September of 2005.

I'm pretty sure thats it.

Skokie Joe?

Edited by crimsoncitizen, 01 January 2006 - 02:07 PM.

#27 Popcorn

Popcorn

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:32 AM

I have a band.. we have 2 websites

www.jadedppl.tk
www.myspace.com/jadedppl

Yes, We are Jaded PPL. uh.. we're indie/punk/rock and.. um... yah.. We wrote a song the other day called Blame your ex boyfriend..
we probably should start recording some things.. we've been going almost a year -_-

#28 crimsoncitizen

crimsoncitizen

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:23 AM

Has, anyone taken a listen at mine yet?

#29 Dr. G

Dr. G

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:00 AM

Here's a quick vid of our band.

Sunday Night Special (Short Vid)

Some Pics.

Todd on drums. me guitar
Posted Image

Me
Posted Image

Band
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 JimiANDjesus

JimiANDjesus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:15 AM

This is my project. We only have 2 songs on the myspace but I have a notebook full of others songs that are just for this project. We do shows at house parties and small Portland venues. I really just like to do coffee shoppe shows but I take what comes. This is on an indie label Bear Trap in Portland. I hope you fall in love with these songs and then blow yourselves a cup of Lafayette. http://www.myspace.com/lafayetteband" target="_blank">Lafayette

#31 thekiddrinkingfire

thekiddrinkingfire

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:58 AM

Last last summer two friends and I amde some really experimental stuff that I don't think can be counted as "music". I would upload some BUT IT WOULD WARP YOUR MINDS.

#32 evie

evie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

One of our band members leaves for Melbourne tomorrow!!! I didnt even get o say goodbye after our last Jam session today :(

#33 Pepermint Jukebox

Pepermint Jukebox

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

well not my band but hes on my brothers label..

myspace.com/caseyreid

#34 CandyStripeIvy

CandyStripeIvy

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

well its not really my band, but my friends band, the Anti-Q's (see signature). they're quite good, i take photos for them every now and then. in fact my pics re up on thier myspace page and thier site...
they're a proper rock outfit from the falls. guitar bass drums keys vocals.

anti q's myspace
anti'q's website

playing a the horseshoe in toronto this up and coming friday

#35 thebigthree

thebigthree

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:56 PM

my band...De Fleury

We have a myspace....so..yeah. Somebody hacked into the account and changed the names of the songs..i don't know what that is all about..but yeah..they are there...have fun

#36 Guest_Howlin' Walsh_*

Guest_Howlin' Walsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

http://www.myspace.c...odgoodshearings

The recently formed Good God Shearings. It's sparse.

#37 Guest_Hyland_*

Guest_Hyland_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:36 PM

The Crazy Tape Machine
Yeah, feel the avant garde.

#38 human fly

human fly

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

http://www.myspace.c...odgoodshearings

The recently formed Good God Shearings. It's sparse.

you, and I'm assuming Liam Walsh is your brother?, are very talented. is that you on vox duty?

edit to add: i'm in two bands myself, both unnamed. one is with a bassist who occasionally plays keyboards and guitars, a drummer who we're teaching to play drums, and me on guitar and occasionally bass and maybe keyboards sometime.

the other one is just me and my feet and my hands playing a mean Drop D guitar and keeping the beat with a bass drum and a high hat with my feet. i just started this band 10 minutes ago.

Edited by Uber-Man Jack, 06 May 2006 - 07:15 PM.

#39 Guest_Guitar_Guru6916_*

Guest_Guitar_Guru6916_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

I'm in a band called The Chase. We think we're good. Do you?

The Chase

#40 paperclip

paperclip

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

no...

just kidding.

you know you're good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic