1526 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

Let everyone know about your band. What's your name and style? Maybe post some pics, songs, yoursite, etc. anything to do with your band.....

this may already be a thread.

#2 Ahab

Ahab

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

THE GRILLED CHEESE FIASCO

no pics, no music, no links

just know we exist, and know we cover the white stripes

and know i'll get some links up as soon as i can

#3 Elston Gunnn

Elston Gunnn

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

the scurvies

Posted Image
Posted Image

yes.. we have a myspace

ya know.. i was thinking, all bands want to travel to play shows around america... and the little room would be a great place to work stuff like that out.

for example, in hickory, nc, there is a place called 247 connection that books bands from everywhere, they don't pay to play, but it'd be pretty simple to book a show there.. they have a myspace as well.. 247 connection

so if there is a little place in your town that books bands, post it! i'd love to travel a few hours or days to play a show..

Edited by Elston Gunnn, 14 December 2005 - 01:34 AM.

#4 whosabigbaby333

whosabigbaby333

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

Me and my friend Angie are going to start a band called The Redheads (if that name isn't taken my a successful band already) It's a cross between the white stripes and the yeah yeah yeahs. We don't want to be a two piece band so we need either another gutarist, bass player, or singer. so if any of yous live in the milwaukee area..............
P.s i.m the only one who has red hair, but me and her thought of it without telling eachother so that name kind of stuck to us. she said she might dye her hair.

#5 human fly

human fly

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:45 PM

me and me mates's band is currently nameless, but we've got some things thrown about. our "style" is pretty eclectic and random. i guess we're sort've a blues/garage thing with plenty of fuzz and white noise thrown in. we don't have anything recorded but i just got Audacity so that might change.

edit: now i gots Garageband which is way better :)

Edited by Uber-Man Jack, 21 December 2005 - 12:29 PM.

#6 Antimatter

Antimatter

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

The Scurvies own.... what's with einstein? :blink:

#7 rboy27

rboy27

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:23 PM

Well, I'm not in a band per say, but I do have something of a group of people I jam with back at school. We are currently in the works of a rock opera based loosely on Romeo and Juliet. We just started writing the music and I've made little demos of the songs I have written which I have posted on my Myspace. I'll put up versions with vocals soon (ie, when I write them), so there's your insentive to add me and come back to check ;).

#8 NeoneoN

NeoneoN

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

I'm kind of in a band. We call ourselves The Guild. The Guild was of myself on guitar and vocals and these two chicks, one on drums and the other also on vocals. We got together once and thats about the end of it.

#9 le serge

le serge

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:43 AM

Check siggy...

#10 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:28 AM

The Scurvies are intense man! I love Science Experiement.

My band is the Blacks. We are Garage/Rock/Blues. We got a bunch of our own stuff, we play a couple covers by the stripes, bob dylan, AC/DC, Nirvana. We got a site, but im not done working on it, so you'll all have to wait.

It's just a 2 piece. we are in need of a bass player. I sing and play guitar

#11 Elston Gunnn

Elston Gunnn

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:55 AM

The Scurvies own.... what's with einstein? :blink:

The Scurvies are intense man! I love Science Experiement.

My band is the Blacks. We are Garage/Rock/Blues. We got a bunch of our own stuff, we play a couple covers by the stripes, bob dylan, AC/DC, Nirvana. We got a site, but im not done working on it, so you'll all have to wait.

It's just a 2 piece. we are in need of a bass player. I sing and play guitar

:)! thanks guys.

i dunno, i guess i have this thing with einstein... i own an einstein action figure, he interests me.

there is nothing wrong with just a 2 piece band, bass players are not needed.

i find just about every single bass player i've ever met to be douche bags.

#12 Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:01 AM

I play guitar and sing.

Two bands -

The Morgandorfers

currently on hiatus whilst my bass playing sister is in school in NE.

and

The Chicken Thongs

currently being formulated with the organist from the Morgandorfers (the guy's a classically trained vocalist - no good for lead singing in a rock band but GREAT for harmonies) and my guitar/bass playing and vocalizing girlfriend.

Both bands play whatever the fuck they want.

I've got pictures and recordings of the Morgandorfers as well as my previous bands Dick Dangerous and The Bone Daddys. I'm way too computer illiterate to post any music on line and I don't have a scanner.

funny, I find the same thing to be true more about "singers" than bassists. (Of course, every bassist I've been in a band with considered themselves to be "musicians", not "bassists" i.e. - they played multiple instuments.) So someone who says, "yeah, I'm a bass player" may well indeed be a douche bag.

And no they're not needed, but I dig 'em. If only so I don't have to play as much guitar and can concentrate on singing. (I'm lazy) And they fatten up the sound quite nicely. (I play a Tele, and like a thin screechy sound)

#13 Guest_antiboy_*

Guest_antiboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:08 AM

I play guitar and sing.

Two bands -

The Morgandorfers

Any Daria related band has my approval! :lol:

#14 negativeApe

negativeApe

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:12 PM

MeanToBeMean

Check Sig. Just me on Vocals Guitar and Keyboards And My sister-in-law on drums. We have only recorded White stripes Covers so far, but we have been known to do a few Beatle and Nirvana songs also.

#15 Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

Any Daria related band has my approval! :lol:

oh hell yeah. My sister had been burning, like, every episode of Daria off of the DVR, and we had been watching upwards of 10 episodes a day. When it came time to name the band, there was really only one choice.

we already have the domain name secured. - morgandorfers.org

Play that shit.

MeanToBeMean

Check Sig. Just me on Vocals Guitar and Keyboards And My sister-in-law on drums. We have only recorded White stripes Covers so far, but we have been known to do a few Beatle and Nirvana songs also.

sounds cool. I've never sone that format...it must be easier to write songs that way too...

#16 MotherIsDead

MotherIsDead

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

www.myspace.com/aofband

or just click the pic in my sig. The band name is Army Of Fools and we have been told we sound like The Pixies. Pics and music are on the page so just check it out.

#17 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

:)! thanks guys.

i dunno, i guess i have this thing with einstein... i own an einstein action figure, he interests me.

there is nothing wrong with just a 2 piece band, bass players are not needed.

yeah about the bass player... i was talking about my band.. we're a two peice as well. it is so much easier to get things done when you are a two peice, we were a 3 peice when we first started. we played together for 6 months as a 3 peice and we didnt get further then a few covers...as soon as we kicked out our other guitarist, within a month we had written 10 songs and played 2 big concerts along with a few smaller ones. 2 piece is the way to go

#18 shoelessthunder

shoelessthunder

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

My band, geology
Posted Image
The guitar is mine, but it's not me that's holding it...I feel like I should mention that I'm the one on the left.

And my friend's band that I recently joined, Sputnik

Edited by shoelessthunder, 20 December 2005 - 09:40 PM.

#19 Fried Gold

Fried Gold

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:25 AM

Posted Image

this is my band, WE ARE THE DIRTY DANDIES, i've only got a few songs of ours on my computer, i don't really feel like uploading them or anything.

anyway, that's me in the red shirt, the other two chaps are Bob and Saucy Jim (nicknames). The drummer who is hidden behind me, we just call him No.1909-100...or Stevie for short.

we mostly do covers, Foghat, Skynard, Billy Idol. i write 99% of the original material, i'll post some lyrics sometime or the other. i don't know what style you'd call it really. i've been playing guitar for a while.
and the other guys mostly listen to pop music.

Edited by Fried Gold, 21 December 2005 - 08:28 AM.

#20 wormgirl

wormgirl

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:25 AM

Hello my friends band, please take a listen - i think they're wicked!

They are called The Depths. They're fast furious punk garage rock n roll

myspace page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users