#21 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hey folks,

I dont know if you guys remember but I got Get Behind Me Satan about two months early as well. I have a friend with a nice connection and I got a promo copy of the entire album.

The biggest thing that this album does is make me appreciate how great the White Stripes are, and mostly just how amazing Jack White really is. Everytime he comes in on a song, or does a solo it takes the song to a new level.

Ill try not to post too many spoilers, but Ill be glad to answer any basic questions that you guys have.

Level and Broken Boy Soliders are my favorite tracks on it, mostly due to the upfront vocals and guitar by Jack White.

Some songs fall flat, but for the most part its a solid album. I think it would sound fantastic live, and judging by the reviews it does evidently.

I feel real lucky, May 16th is right around the corner though!!

ohh and one more thing. I will not share any of the album, I owe it to the band not to have it leaked, and I owe it to my connection.

izzy

put it one ebay to see how high it can get

#22 Albion to Arcadia

Albion to Arcadia

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

Just out of interest, how exactly do you provide spoilers for a song? "It sort of starts with a dumdeedumdumdaa, then Jack's guitar comes in withe a screeechhwaaawaaawa"?

#23 izzy white

izzy white

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

well Ill just try not to give too much information. this way you wont go ok well "track 3 is going to sound like this, and his guitar will come in right now, and then he will say this lyric, and then...etc"

just makes it more exciting!

#24 Albion to Arcadia

Albion to Arcadia

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:39 AM

well Ill just try not to give too much information. this way you wont go ok well "track 3 is going to sound like this, and his guitar will come in right now, and then he will say this lyric, and then...etc"

Oh ok. I was just playing. My imagination isn't good enough to work out a song from a description anyways. :)

#25 Guest_eric620_*

Guest_eric620_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:56 AM

No it doesn't.

#26 themeadowlands

themeadowlands

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

Remember when Jack got kinda annoyed at the guys who leaked 'elephant' way early?
not saying your gona leak it, I'm just jealouse.

#27 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

Just out of interest, how exactly do you provide spoilers for a song? "It sort of starts with a dumdeedumdumdaa, then Jack's guitar comes in withe a screeechhwaaawaaawa"?

Yeah, there was that one on Elephant that started with a dum...dumdum-dum-dumdum...dum.

And in De Stijl, my favorite one goes like tantantan-tananana-na.

Oh, and let's not forget the GBMS one, "dum. dumdum-dum-dum. dum. dum-dumdum-dumdum-dum-dum".

#28 stix

stix

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

so actually this thread is started for ... ????
letting us know you have the album but you don't leak any of it.
that's a positive thing but you definatly make people jealous.
i don't see the reason for this thread.
therefor if it gets leaked before the release i don't even download it. i only download live-music and i only download officials if it's very, very hard to buy

#29 monkeyjim

monkeyjim

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

Izzy I hate you, yet I love you - what a turmoil!!!!

#30 izzy white

izzy white

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

hey I wasnt trying to get anyone jealous. trying to provide info if you guys wanted to know more about the record. thats all

#31 monkeyjim

monkeyjim

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

hey I wasnt trying to get anyone jealous. trying to provide info if you guys wanted to know more about the record. thats all

I was only kidding mate, i'm jealous as hell, but I'm glad some one has got it - I hope we get some good reviews, I guess the press will have it now also.

#32 Alecks

Alecks

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Sounds cool. I've got a couple questions.

Are there lots of vocal harmonies? Like 3 part harmonies are stuff?

Are there more organ/keyboard driven songs? Are there a few acoustic driven songs?

And finally, is the album diverse? Stylistically, instrumentally, mood-wise, etc?

Anyway, thanks for the info so far!

#33 sheva_ivan

sheva_ivan

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

I'd give it a 7/10 as an album.

7/10 :angry:
Come on man, it MUST be better

#34 HoveringSombrero

HoveringSombrero

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

i personally dont want it until the release date

Same here. It's definately worth waiting for.

#35 theevanator

theevanator

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

I feel a little uneasy and see at as somewhat unethically wrong for anybody to be listening to such a monumentous album before the release date. Especially if you are only appreciating it at a 7/10. Just my opinion though...

#36 Dingaling

Dingaling

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

Is it on vinyl, or CD?

#37 Halcyon

Halcyon

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

so actually this thread is started for ... ????
letting us know you have the album but you don't leak any of it.
that's a positive thing but you definatly make people jealous.
i don't see the reason for this thread.
therefor if it gets leaked before the release i don't even download it. i only download live-music and i only download officials if it's very, very hard to buy

He's just giving us information about it, lighten up. It's not like he's being all "I have the album nanananannana"

#38 EM1

EM1

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

:lol:
I usually like anything with screeechwaaawaaawa in it. But, I like dooo's better than dum's and daa's. :P

#39 KelbyC

KelbyC

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

Are there any really good bassy songs? (You know like Hardest Button to Button and Seven Nation Army)

#40 taterhead1048

taterhead1048

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Are there any really good bassy songs? (You know like Hardest Button to Button and Seven Nation Army)

Yeah. It seems that there are guitar and drum solos, but I want to know if Little Jack gets any shining moments. And by bass solo, I mean more than just the intro to Steady.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users