10 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,843 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:13 AM

I think someone posted the brief Rolling Stone article about Boarding House Reach over in the thread about the album, but here it is again in case anyone missed it--  https://www.rollings...touring-w515897

And apparently Jack is going to be on KROQ's Kevin & Bean's morning show this coming Monday.  This means the promo machine is gearing up!  One of the terrific things about the last two tours was that we had folks here in the LR who were able to capture recordings of things like radio appearances and such.  Some of those folks seem to not be around for this album, but hopefully those of us still around and the newer folks who've joined more recently will be able to do some recording and share stuff here  :)

#2 Rooniedoo

Rooniedoo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

What time is KROQ   Kevin and Beans? I will try my absolute best to record the audio.

NVM found it might or might not be able to record since I will most likely be in a study hall.

Edited by Rooniedoo, 09 February 2018 - 08:21 AM.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,843 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

Same here, except I'll be at work. I may try to bring my tablet in to work and record it on that, but I think I have a meeting Monday morning.  I certainly hope someone's able to get it, because his Lazaretto appearance on that show was great.

#4 Rooniedoo

Rooniedoo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:22 AM

This was just a phone call interview, summary was basically how this album is taking in different directions and how he's using electronic samples for the first time in 2 years (Something most bands do he added but he's never done before) he trash talked festivals because the host said Boston Calling has a much better setlist than Coachella's pop stuff. Which led into talking about the rebirth of rock which struck me as a beginner guitarist/ intermediate drummer because he was talking about how he sees the younger generation getting into music now and rock in general.... which I really hope happens again as someone who is younger and wants to be involved in bringing back the rock scene since it scares me that rock is becoming less and less popular now. 

Edited by Rooniedoo, 12 February 2018 - 10:25 AM.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,843 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

I was able to snag both calls, will upload this evening and post a download link.

#6 YDKWLI

YDKWLI

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

I was able to snag both calls, will upload this evening and post a download link.

Just did that! https://we.tl/7pDbJxQEJt

#7 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,843 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

And a huuuuuuuuuuge thank you to you!  So exciting to hear him talk about the live shows coming up-- Samples!  The man is going to use samples. Live. And electronic drums. I cannot wait to hear this.

And I laughed so hard over them ragging on Baltimore on the Woody Show  :lol:

#8 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

I've forgotten...have you bought any tickets for any tour dates yet, Tam?

It looks like the GA floor is now all sold out for my August 12th show, but there are plenty of seats in the other sections.  I predict about 85% of the tickets will be sold by the day of the concert.  The staff at the 2014 Deer Lake Park show said that was sold out (they may have been lying), and I think that venue holds around 10,000 people.  Rogers Arena holds over 16,000 for hockey, but the stage set-up probably cuts off one-third of the seats.  Mind you, the area where the ice surface generally is is the floor area, and that's probably ~1000 people right there.

Edited by J.C., 12 February 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#9 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,843 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

Of course I've bought tickets for some of these tour dates, J.C.  :)  Did you get one for the 8/12 show before GA sold out or are you going up in the stands?

#10 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

Oh, I got floor tickets.  I don't know how early I'll be able to get to the venue, but I'll probably be pretty close to the stage.

Anyways, which shows have you bought tickets for thus far?

#11 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,559 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Just did that! 

Listen to those guys with their token girl bimbo hurts my soul.

I am not cool enough to appreciate corporation. Although, I am sure some government acid might help if only the song (?) was 12 hours long.

Coming at this from a Meg slant I am surprised how polite Jack is with The testosterone DJs (dick jerks?).

I am interested to hear what else the album has though. It is always interesting to walk in his shoes.

Edit. 14 years since the Expos,witch makes me sad. How easy were those baseball questions when a Canadian gets them right??!

Edited by lindapoirier, 16 February 2018 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users