89 replies to this topic

#61 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

And a pen! Although I totally envy you meeting the band, bringing along a piece of paper, a pen and disposable camera would have made a big difference to the story above! (But I'm still envious - it's the meeting that's the real deal, not the picture.)

Yes, its meeting the band thats the real deal here. And you know a part of me doesnt even care so much that i may never see that photo. It just would have been kinda nice to have it, you know?. And i did see a tiny version of it in his camera afterwards, i asked to see it. And i cant believe i forgot a pen. Normally i am all prepared. Maybe thats the key. Dont be prepared and good things happen. :lol:

All tho i saw people earlier that had their tickets out for the band to sign, but i thought it would be more cool and personal for Jack to sign the inside of my purse. I was gonna have the other ones sign, too, but i didnt have that pen with me by then and also, things were wrapping up so i thought eh, what the heck, so i let it go.
Yeah, i guess i could have gotten a disposable one, still dont know why i didnt bring my own camera tho. I think i rushed out my home too quickly that night. :rolleyes:

#62 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

first off.... that crowd was not bad at all! in fact i wish there were MORE people moving and and some more crowding. at first i was about halfway back, there were a lot of stupid people that kept getting pissy whenever my friend and i started dancing around and actually moving. you're at a fucking show.. ON THE FLOOR. . what did they expect?? so i then ended up in about the 4th row. and it wasn't so bad. i would've liked some more, like when they played treat me like your mother. i wish they would play that song closer to the beginning to get the atmosphere pumped.. and not till the very very end. i still had a lot of fun though. the band was fucking awesome.

so when jack when up to the barricade with his guitar? where did it go? it sounded like someone was still playing it, but he was back onstage. was it the roadie with the big beard?

#63 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

first off.... that crowd was not bad at all! in fact i wish there were MORE people moving and and some more crowding.

You should have traded places with me then. :lol: You'd get your ..'people moving and crowding ' ..money's worth! ;)

at first i was about halfway back, there were a lot of stupid people that kept getting pissy whenever my friend and i started dancing around and actually moving. you're at a fucking show.. ON THE FLOOR. . what did they expect??

I've been on the floor at shows a number of times. This show was not my worse experience, nor was it my best. Moving around and dancing is "okay", as long as you dont push and shove because you want to get closer to the stage. Its just too close of quarters to decide to want to move forward. It feels like a massive weight is going to knock you down and crush you. It can be pretty scary. A few times i almost lost my balance. :(

#64 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

You should have traded places with me then. :lol: You'd get your ..'people moving and crowding ' ..money's worth! ;)

I've been on the floor at shows a number of times. This show was not my worse experience, nor was it my best. Moving around and dancing is "okay", as long as you dont push and shove because you want to get closer to the stage. Its just too close of quarters to decide to want to move forward. It feels like a massive weight is going to knock you down and crush you. It can be pretty scary. A few times i almost lost my balance. :(

i would've loved to have traded places with you. i love shows where there's a lot of movement. it makes it more fun for me.

don't think i'm a huge asshole that pushes everyone around. i'm not the kind of person that pushes my way forward BEFORE a show starts. that's annyoing, but when it gets started and i see some space, i will try and take it. and especially more so when everyone's moving around. or if a fight breaks out, like it did, i will use that to my advantage and move forward.

i know what you mean. there are some shows that are a bit much...and that can get a little annoying . but the pushing and shoving is expected if you're on the floor. i thrive in those shows.. i love it when everyone's moving and pushing and dancing and more bodies interacting than just standing around or moving in place. i've been to shows where the ENTIRE time everyone is pushing an shoving and i find that to be more entertaining. but that's just me

#65 iFoughtChiwawas

iFoughtChiwawas

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

This show was absolutely incredible and energetic. Most talkative I've ever seen Jack, whether it was from liquor or not I don't care. It was just fun! I was definitely getting tossed around but I didn't want to let it bother me. I just went along for the ride and enjoyed the show. I guess the biggest downside was that even though Jack was talking so much, I couldn't hear half of it because of the dumb echo. I was close to the front so I'm not sure how it was for other people. Well, I started out close to the front (thanks to early entry) but by the time the show was over I was pushed back about 8 feet. Still pretty close though.

#66 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

i would've loved to have traded places with you.

Now you tell me. LOL

i love shows where there's a lot of movement. it makes it more fun for me.

Well i went to a Strokes show back in 2006, and there was plenty of movement. But that was actually kind of fun. It was more like a jumping up and down, so i just went with the flow. Not that i had much choice in the matter. :lol:

don't think i'm a huge asshole that pushes everyone around. i'm not the kind of person that pushes my way forward BEFORE a show starts. that's annyoing, but when it gets started and i see some space, i will try and take it. and especially more so when everyone's moving around. or if a fight breaks out, like it did, i will use that to my advantage and move forward.

I hear ya...
Well if there is a space, i admit i may move forward too, but i wont push anybody out of the way to get a better view.

A fight broke out?? :huh:

i know what you mean. there are some shows that are a bit much...and that can get a little annoying . but the pushing and shoving is expected if you're on the floor. i thrive in those shows.. i love it when everyone's moving and pushing and dancing and more bodies interacting than just standing around or moving in place. i've been to shows where the ENTIRE time everyone is pushing an shoving and i find that to be more entertaining. but that's just me

Not just you. I was looking around me and i noticed, much to my surprise, that not everybody looked angry or scared at the pushing and shoving like i did. A lot of them actually appeared to be enjoying it. They had these silly grins on their faces, or were too busy yelling and screamng or singng to the songs. Maybe it was just me then. I think i have been permanently traumatized by an Ozzy Osbourne show i went to once. :ph34r:

#67 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

This show was absolutely incredible and energetic. Most talkative I've ever seen Jack, whether it was from liquor or not I don't care. It was just fun!

I agree.
And yeah, it was sorta fun. Would have been more fun if i wasnt in distress half the time. :ph34r:

I couldn't hear half of it because of the dumb echo.
I was close to the front so I'm not sure how it was for other people.

Yeah, it was kinda hard to hear at times.

Well, I started out close to the front (thanks to early entry) but by the time the show was over I was pushed back about 8 feet. Still pretty close though.

Same here. :lol:

#68 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

Now you tell me. LOL

Well i went to a Strokes show back in 2006, and there was plenty of movement. But that was actually kind of fun. It was more like a jumping up and down, so i just went with the flow. Not that i had much choice in the matter. :lol:
I hear ya...
Well if there is a space, i admit i may move forward too, but i wont push anybody out of the way to get a better view.
A fight broke out?? :huh:

Not just you. I was looking around me and i noticed, much to my surprise, that not everybody looked angry or scared at the pushing and shoving like i did. A lot of them actually appeared to be enjoying it. They had these silly grins on their faces, or were too busy yelling and screamng or singng to the songs. Maybe it was just me then. I think i have been permanently traumatized by an Ozzy Osbourne show i went to once. :ph34r:

i saw the strokes too. that was a crazy fun show! that's the kind of shows and movement i love. jumping, dancing, pushing, the crowd as one. so much fun! i'm so excited to see them at outside lands!
yeah. when jack threw his stick, i guess some guy caught it and there was a struggle for it. and then two guys started arguing about it and yelling and cursing, and then FISTS! they just started fighting. pretty crazy.
well an ozzy show must have been way too crazy. there must've definitely been a circle pit,.. which are not fun at all.

more moving is always fun. that's the whole point of being on the floor.

#69 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

i saw the strokes too. that was a crazy fun show! that's the kind of shows and movement i love. jumping, dancing, pushing, the crowd as one. so much fun! i'm so excited to see them at outside lands!

Oh i know! I'd love to see them again. I hope they play here sometime soon....

yeah. when jack threw his stick, i guess some guy caught it and there was a struggle for it. and then two guys started arguing about it and yelling and cursing, and then FISTS! they just started fighting. pretty crazy.

Wow, i had no idea that was going on. Two guys fighting over Jack's stick. :ph34r: ;)

well an ozzy show must have been way too crazy. there must've definitely been a circle pit,.. which are not fun at all.

Well yeah, Ozzy had the brillant idea to ask everybody to come on stage. I had this poor girl by her hair just to save my life. I saw this one guy on the ground getting stepped on. People were going NUTS! Ozzy eventually took off and they stopped the show shortly after it started. Thanks Ozzy for the memories. NOT!

more moving is always fun. that's the whole point of being on the floor.

I agree with that .
I was just more complaining on the massive heavy pushing to where i fear my safety. I'm just a mere girl. :P

#70 pixiedoll

pixiedoll

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:56 AM

If you guys insist!

Its kinda long tho..but i think its well worth it. ;) Hope there are no typos and that it makes sense. lol

Well, after the show, i went around the building to where i saw their tour buses were. There was already quite a large crowd. I asked why everyone was there, and they said they're hoping to meet the band. I thought great, i am in the right place. It was maybe around 11:30pm..and i we were all surrounding the doors of the building, and the gate from the back of the buliding. Anyway, we all waited and waited...and i heard one girl say it was 11:55pm.

I was also curious, so i tried to count how many people were there, and i counted at least 40. Wow. Anywhoo, little by little..more people took off, lost patience, went home, you know how it is. I was a little bit more determined then that tho, and so, i waited. But then the wait was getting ridiculous. More people took off. The crowd was thinning out. Then all of a sudden we see Dean! he walked over into the street with some other guy, i think someone in a band someone said..and he signed a few autographs, then ran away. Literally RAN! LOL He was too far from me, and so i just didnt bother. He wasnt my main focus anyway. Sorry Dean.
In the meantime, the crew was loading all the equipment up in the storage that was attached to the tour bus. We kept looking in the doors and waiting and waiting..but still nothing.

Then the remaning people which was about 20...waited around some more for Jack, Alison and LJ.Then finally we hear one of the security guards tell everyone that the band had already left. WHAT? Arrgh! people were bummed out..and so, more left. But not some of us. lol we just didnt believe that. And why you ask? Because the tour buses were still there! So we thought hmmmmm...think we will wait some more. They gotta come out sooner or later. Well, later came and still no band. I started chatting with this other guy who was also very determined and was not going to give up until the tour busses leave. lol So it was just a small handfull of us, like about 12 people or so. We waited,and waited, it was really late. We were tired, hungry and running out of patience...and hope. We saw someone else from the crew,and they told us the band has already left, that we should just all go..and that we are waiting for nothing. ..and we thought...nope! lol tour bus stil there, and its running..hmmm...doesnt sound like they left to us. haha

Hours started to go by, and there was only that guy, and 3 of his friends. So there was only 5 of us and it was really getting into the wee hours. So we waited, and waited. Then one the tour buses, the equipment one, finally took off, but there stood, the other tour bus, still waiting there..hmmmm. Then after more waiting, i saw the bus driver to that bus and i just went right up to him and ask, hey, are you waiting for the band? And he said YES! .........Whoo hoo! good thing we waited...

Some random guy was walking down the sidewalk and started chatting with us. He was telling us of different bands he met and so on.. So now there was 6 of us there, but still no sight of the band. This was really getting ridiculous. The guy i was with said, this is crazy! I said, I know! LOL ..But its like we waited that long, why give up now? They gotta be here sooner or later, the tour bus is still here. Plus one of the tour buses license plate said Tennessee. So the guy i was talking to went over to sit in his car with his friends a few feet away. I was on the sidewalk, and its like 3:00 am in the morning, and i had to go to work the next day ARGH!

Then all of a sudden i see this silver car drive up to the back of the bus, then seemed to change their minds and come to the front of the bus where we were, and it pulled up to the curb and parked. The door opened and out rolled Dean, then some roadies,The guy i was with said..THIS IS IT! LOL.. Then the rest of the band came out. And then i saw Jack! Hallelujah!~ :lol: He saw us all there and he said "Awwww...i didnt know you guys were waiting." .....LOL He walked over towards us..and to me and put his arm around my waste. Of course i was like. WHOA! LOL Then we all gathered around him and someone had one of the roadie guys take a picture of us. Not sure if the whole band was in that pic tho. But then came the more one on one autograph signing. I wanted Jack to sign something, but i had nothing. I borrowed a pen from that guy, and i asked Jack to sign the inside of my purse. Its a cotton purse, so its easy to write on. He signed it, but then i ....(sorry guys, gotta get mushy here) ...i asked Jack for a hug. At least i think i asked,lol.. or maybe i just went in for the hug. lol *sorry about that Jack...hope that was okay*...Anyway, we hugged and i said, thanks Jack.

Then i saw LJ. He was kinda standing alone at times so i went right up to him and shook his hand. He was so sweet and so approachable. Finally Alison came around and she looked beat. She looked so tired, that that was all i could say to her. I said.."You look tired." ..lol *lame* she signed the t-shirt of that guy i was with. I had nothing for her to sign with, but things were winding on down.
Then i went over to LJ again and said i didnt have any pen for him to sign anything with, so i just shook his hand again and said something, can't remember what now.

I wasnt sure where Dean was this whole time, nor did i really think to look for him. I think i was a bit distracted..heh.
Then they all went in the tour bus to get ready to leave. The guy i was with said..WE DID IT!! ..Yes, we did. Our preseverance and common sense told us to stick around. What started off as over 40 people ended up with only 5...(including that stranger that made 6) ..at about 3:00 am in the morning...ended up with more then we hoped for. It was well worth the wait!
And hey, i have wanted to meet Jack for the past 7 years, since I've been a fan. Looks like i fnally got my wish! :D

Oh yeah, the guy has the pictures that was taken in his camera. I had given him my email addy last night because he said he would send me the photo. So far i havent seen any email. I hope he sends it and didnt lose my email addy . UGH.......If he does send it, i will ask him if i could post it here so i can show you guys. Hope he has it..i want to see the photo. I dont know why i didnt think to get HIS email. I have no way in contacting him. Ack!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo are you serious we were waiting but finally gave up since i had a long drive back home...i was thinking after i drove away please don't let me find out i made the wrong decision ....we left there a lil after 2am shouldve stuck around :/....oh well *sigh* what can you do...by the way congratulations on the meeting now you have a lifetime memory =)

#71 pixiedoll

pixiedoll

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:46 AM

I thought the show was AMAZING!!! I was in the front row off to the side a little bit, had a great view of the stage except Jack on the drums, i was able to see his drums but not him on them...but that was okay since he was getting up so much through out the show compared to other dw shows i been to. I personally thought his banter was hilarious, i guess if your sensitive to lots and lots of cursing then maybe it would not have been the show for you...but i didn't mind. Although the crowd was pretty rough it wasn't that that bad were i was I guess in the center stage area is where it was the roughest, thats were i saw quite a few people getting pulled out from anyway,so i guess i got kinda lucky i didn't end up there since it was my goal, but with the vault early entry i ended up where i was which turned out for the best i guess. to me the energy was amazing especially at the end of the show the whole crowd was jumping, i was loving it...i recorded a lil bit but i was so into the show it was really hard to get any kind of steadiness. Here's a couple of my favorites(excuse the shakiness and loud screaming ;p):
difference between us-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5JxO4-EuBc
will there be enough water-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_4Q8XtJ9Dc

But overall loved every second,could've did without Harlem..not my style ...the only opening band that i have ever loved was when The Kills opened up for the racs @ the greek in 2008 ;)

oh and by the way sorry if someone already mentioned this i didn't read through everything here, but does anyone remember when jack stood up in front of the crowd(right in front of me as a matter of fact) and started to mime??? I was in such shock and screaming my head off..it's the one time i wasn't recording! Anyways haven't seen any videos of that wonder if there is any out there?

#72 Sassy_Sez

Sassy_Sez

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Because the motherfucker used to be a bit motherfuckin' reserved and conservative, I mean he was one restrained motherfucker who refrained from running his motherfuckin' mouth and appearing unfriendly to those motherfuckin' kids. So suddenly he starts this motherfucker of a band where all the motherfuckin bets are off and he's now this badass rock n roll motherfucker who swears like a motherfucker, plays like a motherfucker and even has a motherfuckin drink like a motherfucker. It's like seeing your motherfucking parents swear when your a motherfucking kid, it's kind a thrilling, to hear your motherfucking idols tell it like it motherfucking is. Bottom line is he is one cool motherfucker and The Dead Weather ain't for those feint-of-heart motherfuckers, that motherfuckin' candy cane child innocence has left the motherfucking building. Goddamn, they pissed on that motherfucker Suzy Lee's grave. Metaphorically speaking of course.... you motherfucker.

I am so grateful that i put DOWN the glass of water before reading this post, or my computer would've been wearing it! :lol: Fan-fucking-tastic (or fan-motherfuckin'-tastic?!)

Perhaps Jack's just a bit more loose and crazy when pissed? He wouldn't be the first person whose use of swear words increases exponentially to the amount they've had to drink - one of my best mates at uni would never say so much as "damn" when sober, add alcohol.... "Fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything" :lol:

#73 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

I agree with that .
I was just more complaining on the massive heavy pushing to where i fear my safety. I'm just a mere girl. :P

i guess that explains it. i'm a 6'2" guy.. but very skinny and only 125 lbs. which isn't much.
but crazy shows is what i live for

#74 Devon

Devon

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

I see it already: "Hot off the heals of the fifth platinum package 'The Dream Child' comes vault release six 'The Nightmare Child'

LP of the LA show
45 of Jack ranting more about Scharzenagger
bonus: DVD of the band getting wasted before the show backstage

#75 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

"Hot off the heels..."

And I'm not even going to get into your spelling of Arnie's name.

It was one night, folks. Let it rest.

#76 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo are you serious we were waiting but finally gave up since i had a long drive back home...i was thinking after i drove away please don't let me find out i made the wrong decision ....we left there a lil after 2am shouldve stuck around :/....oh well *sigh* what can you do...

I"m sorry......
Posted Image

I only live about 10 min away, so i felt i could wait. And i think it was actually more towards 4:30 am, and not 3:00 am according to my roommate.
And who is gonna wait til the cows come home? Who's gonna wait till they hear only crickets chirping? We did the unthinkable, and it paid off.
Once again, i am so sorry you missed out. :(

by the way congratulations on the meeting now you have a lifetime memory =)

Thank you. :)

i guess that explains it. i'm a 6'2" guy.. but very skinny and only 125 lbs. which isn't much.
but crazy shows is what i live for

hxcoliver, yeah, true..if it makes you happy. :)

#77 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:33 AM

Candeechild, did the guy email your picture yet?

#78 AstroAvery

AstroAvery

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

Bad bad bad show. my last dead weather show/jack white show for that matter. every thing's so different now. I will now reside in the rant and rave section for the rest of eternity.

#79 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

:lol:

#80 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

Candeechild, did the guy email your picture yet?

:(

I will just have to accept that fact. :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users