10 replies to this topic

#1 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

Has anyone watched this? I guess all six episodes have aired on BBC in the UK already, but the first episode just aired last week in the US. I watched the first episode, which was about animals that are native to islands, and I was in absolute awe. It's amazing how this stuff can be captured on camera.

http://www.bbcearth.com/planetearth2/

#2 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

You have no idea how badly I need this in my life. I was lucky to be at my sister-in-law's place, who has cable, last week and got the watch the first episode. David Attenborough is one of my favorite humans. I can't wait to get a copy of this!

#3 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

I just came across a (third party) link that has all of the episodes and the quality is very very good. Here it is if you are interested!

https://solarmovie.s...tml#player-area

I should state the obvious, however, and note that the quality, while very good, probably won't match what it'll look like on the TV

Edited by matthewvh, 26 February 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#4 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:40 PM

Thanks, but I think I will wait the month or so to own it. This is the type of program that I really like to support financially if I can.

#5 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Yeah I get that. I'll end up buying the series once it airs. BBC is also going to be releasing Blue Planet II this year.

https://www.theguard...-blue-planet-ii

#6 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:29 AM

Oh man, I may have to expand my documentary shelf soon. Since I don't normally get a chance to do this, I'm going to take a minute to brag about all of the BBC Earth documentaries I have:

Blue Planet, Planet Earth, Nature's Most Amazing Events, Life, Frozen Planet, David Attenborough's Wildlife Specials, Life of Mammals, Life in Cold Blood, Charles Darwin and the Tree of Life, David Attenborough's Life Stories, the Great Rift, Africa, Galapagos, Yellowstone, Wild Pacific, Madagascar, Wild China, and the Hunt.

It doesn't count, but I should really mention Attenborough's autobiography Life on Air. It's one of my favorite reads.

#7 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

I also love David Attenborough! And it's been a lot of fun watching these; watching nature shows is one of my favorite forms of self-care

#8 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

You should really read his autobiography, Kat! The man has some amazing stories to tell.

I think one of my favorite things I've seen him do was a documentary in the 1970's, where he and his expedition make first contact with a tribe in New Guinea.

#9 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Ben, I just saw this and though of you. This is so awesome!

Fossil named after Sir David Attenborough - BBC News

#10 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

I bought it and loved it. Cities was my favourite part. I highly recommend it to every single person on planet earth.

#11 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

I've bought it, but I've only had time to watch the first three episodes. The rain forest one is incredible. The jaguar footage has been a clear highlight so far. Perfectly lovely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users