Six Feet Under=short story collection

#1062 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:35 AM

Currently watching the handmaid's tale series.
It's been a while I saw such a good show.

#1063 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,582 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:06 AM

I loved Six Feet Under, especially how it ended.  Pretty f'ing cool.

In between shows, so started re-watching Breaking Bad for the third time.  Getting pretty pumped about the BB movie that I believe will tie up any loose ends.

#1064 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,351 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

I've heard what the gist of the ending is, but not any specifics. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it comes together. My boyfriend and I don't really "binge" shows (we watch like 2 episodes in a row, tops), but we're burning through Six Feet Under, relatively speaking. I kinda don't give a shit about Nate, though.

#1065 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

Escape from Dannemora was excellent, and Dirty John is a HOOT, especially since it's local to where I live. 

#1066 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

Six Feet Under.

We're obsessed.

The Wire=Shakespearean tragedy
The Sopranos=Sprawling novel
Six Feet Under=short story collection

Six Feet Under :wub: :wub: :wub:.

The best of the worst of society at times. But what really stuck with me was the bizarre ways that people die in the beginning of the show. So now, like if I'm driving on the turnpike (which I do often) and following a truck that is hauling whatever....me thinks to myself, he could lose that load and I'd be dead...….just like a 6' Under episode. Or whatever situation I'm in, something will trigger...….I'd be dead.....just like a 6' Under episode :o :o :o!!!!! Think about it the next time your eating alone ;)

#1067 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,582 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:07 PM

I am super hyped for the upcoming Breaking Bad movie, that is to follow Jessie Pinkman after his escape.  I know it will not disappoint.  I just wonder if it's actually going to be a full fledged movie theater movie.. or if it will be a movie made for AMC?  I am thinking the latter.

#1068 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:04 AM

Recently watched Russian Doll, created by and starring Natasha Lyonne, on Netflix.  Something of a dark comedy/drama, set in New York, with a Groundhog Day-type premise.  Thoughtfully written, funny, poignant, and only eight ~25 minute episodes in total.  Well worth a look.

Also went through two seasons (and a Special) of Big Mouth, a FILTHY adult animated series about pre-teen puberty.  The characters are rendered with a good deal of complexity, the voice work is strong across the board (special shout-out to Maya Rudolph as the Hormone Monstress, arguably the funniest, sassiest performance of her career), and no punches are pulled.  Not for sensitive viewers, though, as much of its sexual content would make South Park blush.  I gave this a shot because notable TV critic Alan Sepinwall sang its praises, and it's probably the second-best Netflix-produced animated program after Bojack Horseman.

#1069 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

I just finished Ozark. I think a while back I mentioned that I started it but couldn't get into it, it was too dark. well, with a lack of any interest in anything else to watch, I went back to it and I have to say it really picked up. 

Now I'm watching Rectify, and I swear almost every episode makes me cry.

Edited by stripes42, 26 February 2019 - 07:26 PM.

#1070 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:58 AM

I am super hyped for the upcoming Breaking Bad movie, that is to follow Jessie Pinkman after his escape.  I know it will not disappoint.  I just wonder if it's actually going to be a full fledged movie theater movie.. or if it will be a movie made for AMC?  I am thinking the latter.

Either way it will be a good one. I fell in love with Jessie and was rooting for him always. Pitiful messed up, misunderstood kid. Do we have a date yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users