44 replies to this topic

#41 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

I can just imagine Jack shaking his head in bemusement over how quickly we've compiled all of these.  "Those darned kids [though some of us are far from kids] and their file sharing..."

Hehe gotta agree a bit, but then would we have known otherwise?
How long it would take one person to collect all versions by buying (and returning?!) copies without knowing how many there are?
It's thanks to everyone rallying together that we now know there are 9 versions.
Now this is out in the open I think it's way easier for people to collect all 9 if they so please to do.

Edit: Aargh sorry for double posting, still have to get used to this forum.

Edited by Datch, 30 March 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#42 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

It's in the link with all versions so far collected in one place.  

Can you please edit Robbys last name out your previous post?

Done :) 

And what I imagine from Jack is that he'd be very excited over us learning about the different versions but not being able to have them all. I can see that being a romantic notion to him, he seems to like the idea of wanting unobtainable things. And we've spoiled the romance by gathering up all these digital files and posting them on-line.  But, on the other hand, he probably knows us well enough to not be surprised we'd do that.  All conjecture on my part, either way.  I'm just thrilled to be able to hear them because they're beautiful!

And I dunno about you, but I'm counting any variations in the live versions, too.  So we've currently got 10--  9 recorded versions and 1 live.  Cannot wait for the tour to progress and see whether he continues to do this song with a different intro each time.  

#43 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Yep, thats what I meant with that I agreed (with Jack), cause that is exactly what I would think Jack thinks haha.

Totally spaced out on the Warsaw version...

I hope he is busy with intro's for shows in the future! I love that it has the freedom to talk about anything. 

#44 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Gotcha. 

And I love the idea that any variations he'd do live would be totally improvised.  The full songs he's improvised on past tours have all been jaw-dropping.

#45 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

I anxiously await the three-hour version of GItMS at the end of the tour. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users