9 replies to this topic

#1 cherry.soda

cherry.soda

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

Hi! I'm Cherry, a 32 year old chick from Canada. I'm working on making a video of the 2007 Halifax, NS (July 13th). I missed this concert because I was deployed with the Royal Canadian Air Force. Since I retired in 2012, I have a lot of time on my hands, and I'm hoping that I can scratch "Missing The White Stripes in Halifax" of my List of Big Regrets. You can check out my work in progress on my YouTube. Any advice is welcomed! Thank you, Little Room, for the FLAC from the first half of the concert. If anyone has any media (especially the FLAC from the second half of the concert) that they would graciously let me use, I would appreciate it very much. You can get in contact with me on here, by email, or via YouTube.

This is a personal undertaking that I plan on sharing with anyone interested freely, not something that I will be profiting off of in anyway. 

On a side note, I picked up one of The Little Room Print Mafia prints (number 22 I think) years ago from expressobeans or whiteswirl (bad memory) and I only recently found out about it's origin. Pretty cool.

xoxo

Cherry

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

Well, I hope someone's able to help you out with that.  And thanks for serving Canada in the Air Force (Vancouverite here).

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:05 AM

Howdy, nice to meet you.  Just out of curiosity, whose video are you using for your project?

#4 cherry.soda

cherry.soda

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

thanks J.C.! funny, I'm actually living on vancouver island now.

@Kali Durga - I put up an add on craigslist and kijiji and got a bit from there, the others are rips from YouTube and various other places that I've collected/ripped over the years. I never thought to keep track of the sources when I originally got them, so I can't credit the original source/ask permission unless I happen upon and recognize a clip in my searches. If anyone happens to recognize a chunk, let me know, as I would hate to upset anyone with my project. It might be difficult though, since I've run everything through a few programs to stabilize and colour match.

#5 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

Well, hopefully your power doesn't go out with that wind storm over there (which I hope doesn't make it over here).

#6 cherry.soda

cherry.soda

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:21 PM

Agreed. It's brutal out.

#7 JellyRoll Baker

JellyRoll Baker

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

Hai!

#8 NOT_COOL

NOT_COOL

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hey, that was your video on the Halifax concert that was uploaded recently? I have to say great job interweaving all the videos like that as best as you can! I really enjoyed and all the best trying to find more footage from the show!

#9 cherry.soda

cherry.soda

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Thank you, NOT_COOL. It is a pretty fun project, actually. And since I've watched so much of the concert so many times now, I know it waaaaay better than anyone who was there (and better than if I had been able to attend myself!), so I am much less disappointed that I had other commitments.
If anyone wants something similar done, I don't mind working on it in my (far too abundant) spare time.

#10 DerSchubert

DerSchubert

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:35 AM

Hej cherry.soda,

Cool project, thanks a lot for sharing! 

I might be able to help you out with FLACs of the second half of the show, I'm gonna write you an email  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users