Photo

May 15, 2012 - NASHVILLE, TN (Ryman Auditorium)

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 shockadow

shockadow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Nah. The Alabama Shakes set is mine but my recorder crapped out on me so I didn't ever post it. Just a few hours on here before the dogs got sicced on me...
ALL of the other copies are better than mine so deleting the files was no skin off my nose... I just got the other ones.
And the Raconteurs set from 11.13.11. That's mine too...

Edited by shockadow, 22 May 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#142 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Nah. The Alabama Shakes set is mine but my recorder crapped out on me so I didn't ever post it. Just a few hours on here before the dogs got sicced on me...
ALL of the other copies are better than mine so deleting the files was no skin off my nose... I just got the other ones.
And the Raconteurs set from 11.13.11. That's mine too...

That my friend is some crazy ass shit - sucks when you get bitched at for trying to be a cool guy and share some shit <_<

#143 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

Bad luck, man.

I got the shock of my life last Wednesday when I got a DMCA takedown notice for a Jack White interview I'd uploaded to Mediafire three years ago and linked to on my blog. At least it was a notice, not a lawyer's letter. And it looks like it came from the crappy newspaper that had originally published the podcast, not from Ian Montone's lawyers. Maybe there's some wave of crackdowns starting?

#144 shockadow

shockadow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

I think that the letter was just a warning not to F- with the man. There has been no other communications from them. Besides, What are they gonna do? Sue an e-mail address?
I wonder why JWIII is so adamant about his live recordings being guarded? His other band's bootlegs are widely available & cherished by the fans. I have JW bootlegs going back to his pre-Stripes days.
Gotta be a LIVE record in the works... It makes perfect sense.
As awesome as the albums have always been, Jack's real talent shines thru in his fire-n-brimstone live performances...

I hope so... There are enough killer tracks from the 2 nights @ the Ryman to make one HELL of a great record!!!

Edited by shockadow, 23 May 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#145 shaneoftheroad

shaneoftheroad

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'll bet the crackdown in this particular situation has to do with Columbia's involvement in the distribution of Jack's new material.

#146 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

I think that the letter was just a warning not to F- with the man. There has been no other communications from them. Besides, What are they gonna do? Sue an e-mail address?
I wonder why JWIII is so adamant about his live recordings being guarded? His other band's bootlegs are widely available & cherished by the fans. I have JW bootlegs going back to his pre-Stripes days.
Gotta be a LIVE record in the works... It makes perfect sense.

He is getting a little, um... weird. Willy Wonky style for real. Not the happy Gene Wilder one either, the creepy dude who's been locked in a candy factory for 30 years now. I just wonder why you are the only person who's been messed with is my one question...

#147 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'll bet the crackdown in this particular situation has to do with Columbia's involvement in the distribution of Jack's new material.

likely that this is a part of the issue along with domain obligations where stuff is posted

He is getting a little, um... weird. Willy Wonky style for real. Not the happy Gene Wilder one either, the creepy dude who's been locked in a candy factory for 30 years now. I just wonder why you are the only person who's been messed with is my one question...

the only thing that is getting weird is how our constitution and courts of law are going their separate ways when it comes to interpretation... that and the fact that its been weird for quite some time... another member of the forum was talking about how they got busted somewhere else within the past year for something similar while even a year ago there was quite a ruckus here over tickets as well as selling items at this site which leads me to the idea that some things have copyrighted value here via contractual language but other things do not which is the suspected case with lots of recent White Stripes audio being used in commercials as far as i can tell

#148 shockadow

shockadow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

According to a post I read.... somewhere (I can't remember). Another C&D was sent to a guy who posted video on his blog of an interview done with Jack.
I think the infractions were addressed at the same time... "Operation Fuck You, Fans".

Whatever. It's why I have no desire to EVER meet my musical heros. When they turn out to be raging dickheads, It's simply too crushing to deal with. I simply can't seperate the art from the man.

Quick story:
In college, I was dating a girl who was BFFs with the girl who ended up marrying Dave Matthews. This was the early 90's. We were hanging out with them one night & he kept saying,"I'm Dave Matthews, I'm Dave Matthews"... We were tripping & slowly but surely it started to bug the shit out of me.
Finally, after one of his 3rd person reminders of who he was, I stood up & told him, " I'm Rusty *---, Motherfucker! How bout that?"
I can't fucking stand Dave Matthews to this day...

#149 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

According to a post I read.... somewhere (I can't remember). Another C&D was sent to a guy who posted video on his blog of an interview done with Jack.
I think the infractions were addressed at the same time... "Operation Fuck You, Fans".

Whatever. It's why I have no desire to EVER meet my musical heros. When they turn out to be raging dickheads, It's simply too crushing to deal with. I simply can't seperate the art from the man.

Quick story:
In college, I was dating a girl who was BFFs with the girl who ended up marrying Dave Matthews. This was the early 90's. We were hanging out with them one night & he kept saying,"I'm Dave Matthews, I'm Dave Matthews"... We were tripping & slowly but surely it started to bug the shit out of me.
Finally, after one of his 3rd person reminders of who he was, I stood up & told him, " I'm Rusty *---, Motherfucker! How bout that?"
I can't fucking stand Dave Matthews to this day...

The dude who ran that blog was pretending to be Jack White and talking about how Meg wasn't sick she was his invention and possession, and another dude who got in trouble for using an old interview, but that was a letter from the paper that had done the interview and not the lawyer that sent the message out to you.
I never like meeting any actors or musicians, it ruins everything for me. They are always way to nice or enormous dickheads. They place nice music, they are gonna be assholes - they play heavy they come off like a bunch of fake ass sniveling pussies. Maybe I'm just a hard man to please
btw, Fuck you Dave Mathews, how's that? :lol:

#150 spfreeman333

spfreeman333

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thanks! Got them all three from the dime. These Ryman shows on the Dime are the ones you recorded?

And you all are mad at me for my opinions. AT LEAST I'M NOT.....................................................................................................................................................................................

#151 spfreeman333

spfreeman333

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

I am lonely I go just where am I going
On and on and on I I lift up my head and I wonder
Just who it is calming, calling my name now
I trip on my way and I blunder
My head falling under a blanket of shame

[Hook]

High and low may I go
But God only knows just where I am going
High and low may I go

The people around me won't let me
Become what I need to, they want me the same
I look at myself and I want to
Just cover my eyes and give myself a new name

Edited by spfreeman333, 28 May 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#152 spfreeman333

spfreeman333

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

I lift up my head and I wonder
Just who it is calming, calling my name now
I trip on my way and I blunder
My head falling under a blanket of shame

[Hook]

High and low may I go
High and low may I go

The people around me won't let me
Become what I need to, they want me the same
I look at myself and I want to
Just cover my eyes and give myself a new name

Edited by spfreeman333, 28 May 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#153 spfreeman333

spfreeman333

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

take me with you when you go girl

#154 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

I just noticed that Dominic said of the first Ryman show on Facebook (on Daru's wall, I think) "Last night was a flamethrower." :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users