51 replies to this topic

#21 little nicky

little nicky

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:00 AM

Excited for the tour, it's been too long. This will be my first time trying to book through the Vault presale - has anyone had any issues with it before, or is it easy enough to get your hands on presale tickets? 

#22 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

So 10am local time is Nashville time? Or local to where the tickets are on sale?

#23 Rooniedoo

Rooniedoo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

So 10am local time is Nashville time? Or local to where the tickets are on sale?

local to venue

#24 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,844 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

They posted a pretty thorough FAQ in the Vault that includes that exact question.

#25 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

They posted a pretty thorough FAQ in the Vault that includes that exact question.

Ah, didn't see this. Thanks guys.

#26 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

I didn't realize that Verified Fan pre-sale thing was gonna be so involved.  Supposedly they check your Twitter and Facebook accounts to see how much you discuss your favourite artist(s), etc.  They needed a cell phone number to send a code to, but I don't have a cell phone, so I put down my brother's number.  

Bloody hell.  I was counting on this thing for Wednesday, because I'm working on Friday when the tickets go on sale to the general public, and we're not supposed to use the computers for non-work-related stuff.  I might have to run over to a Ticketmaster outlet on my break, if I can make it in time.

#27 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

Sorted, going to both London shows.

£60 a ticket! I f*cking hate how expensive seeing bands has got.

#28 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,844 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:13 AM

Congrats, wsjack!

J.C., did you read the FAQ for the Verified Fan thingie?  It says flat out that registering does not guarantee you'll receive a pre-sale code, and that receiving a code does not guarantee getting a ticket. Seems like a whole lotta nothin', unless you happen to be very lucky.

#29 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

Congrats, wsjack!

J.C., did you read the FAQ for the Verified Fan thingie?  It says flat out that registering does not guarantee you'll receive a pre-sale code, and that receiving a code does not guarantee getting a ticket. Seems like a whole lotta nothin', unless you happen to be very lucky.

Cheers, kinda glad he is only doing 2 uk shows now, no way I could afford much more, have travel and hotels to get now.

#30 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Got tickets to the Thursday London show, can't wait  :D

...Got me thinking, I wonder who's going to be touring with Jack this time around... looks like Carla Azar might make a return to the drums since she's been featured on some of the album? 

Can't wait to see how his new group works together on stage, and how the old solo material (i.e blunderbuss and lazaretto) work with the new members...

Edited by Jack White Mini me!, 22 January 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#31 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, we'll see how it all works out, Tam.  I don't think the concert's going to be a quick sell-out (Jack's Air Canada Centre concert a few years back had some empty seats in the upper bowl), but I just want to get in there before stupid scalpers snap up the good ones.  Anything floor or lower bowl is fine by me.

wsjack3 - How much did Jack's UK shows in 2014 cost?  I figure the price of the ticket will be higher simply on account of the CD (or vinyl) being included in the cost.  In my case, it costs more for bands to rent Rogers Arena (where the Vancouver Canucks NHL team plays) than Deer Lake Park (an outdoor venue which only gets used four or five times over the summer), so I won't be surprised if the ticket is over $100 Canadian (the 2014 ticket was $60 plus $15 in Ticketmaster charges...$75 total).

Jack White Mini me! - Yeah it's always interesting how the song arrangements evolve, and if there's no fiddle in the mix this time, it'll definitely sound different.  I hope he pulls out some unexpected deep TWS album cuts this tour...something other than Blue Orchid or My Doorbell off GBMS would be cool.

Edited by J.C., 22 January 2018 - 08:42 PM.

#32 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:51 PM

Is he gonna add NYC shows?

#33 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

You might have to settle for the Governor's Ball festival performance until he (likely, eventually) doubles back to NYC.

#34 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, Ill wait for that. I remember last time, or the time before he didnt announce NYC shows right away.

#35 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,467 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

Sadly, nothing in Cincinnati.  Yes, Columbus is 2 hours away so that's very, very possible.

#36 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:54 AM

Yeah, we'll see how it all works out, Tam.  I don't think the concert's going to be a quick sell-out (Jack's Air Canada Centre concert a few years back had some empty seats in the upper bowl), but I just want to get in there before stupid scalpers snap up the good ones.  Anything floor or lower bowl is fine by me.

wsjack3 - How much did Jack's UK shows in 2014 cost?  I figure the price of the ticket will be higher simply on account of the CD (or vinyl) being included in the cost.  In my case, it costs more for bands to rent Rogers Arena (where the Vancouver Canucks NHL team plays) than Deer Lake Park (an outdoor venue which only gets used four or five times over the summer), so I won't be surprised if the ticket is over $100 Canadian (the 2014 ticket was $60 plus $15 in Ticketmaster charges...$75 total).

Jack White Mini me! - Yeah it's always interesting how the song arrangements evolve, and if there's no fiddle in the mix this time, it'll definitely sound different.  I hope he pulls out some unexpected deep TWS album cuts this tour...something other than Blue Orchid or My Doorbell off GBMS would be cool.

£30 and the CD/Vinyl is only North America isn't it?

Seems like most major label acts are charging £50-80 these days and it's sad :(

#37 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

As someone who's able to make it through a show without their phone leaving their pocket, I'm not overly thrilled by the prospect having to pay an additional 'YONDR fee,' just because other people can't.

I don't even necessarily disagree with the concept. But if you're going to enforce it, surely it can come out of the £56.50 I'm already going to be spending on a ticket? 

#38 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

As someone who's able to make it through a show without their phone leaving their pocket, I'm not overly thrilled by the prospect having to pay an additional 'YONDR fee,' just because other people can't.

I don't even necessarily disagree with the concept. But if you're going to enforce it, surely it can come out of the £56.50 I'm already going to be spending on a ticket? 

What's this?

Is it the phone bloker thing? If so, hope it's at London, I'm all for it.

Edited by wsjack3, 23 January 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#39 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,844 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

Added New Orleans Jazz Festival to post# 3--  http://littleroom.wh...71781&p=2184519

#40 herpderpmann

herpderpmann

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

If he curves back and goes west instead of coming to the Carolinas I'm gonna be pissed lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users