The Poster Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
3001 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_erba_*

Guest_erba_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:16 PM

I know there are a few poster collectors here on the board. I'm just wondering if you guys just collect just WS posters or do you collect others as well?

#2 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:56 PM

I know there are a few poster collectors here on the board. I'm just wondering if you guys just collect just WS posters or do you collect others as well?

Also have Mccarthy, Stiles, Ryan, Fairey, Danger, Slater...

Edited by Kaber, 08 November 2007 - 10:57 PM.

#3 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

I have been trying to broaden my horizons some here lately. I have started collecting Dan McCarthy's lately, still waiting for Daniel Danger's new website to get some of his new stuff. I also have purchased the Todd Slater Goldfinger poster, Tyler Stout's Heroes of the Alamo print. Ordered Wirewalker by Mark Brabant and some Punchgut stuff as well. Rob is by far my favorite poster artist but I am really starting to branch out with other prints that I like as well. I really love your Don Stepped Outside print and your Buckets of Rain, those are two I would love to have in my collection. If you ever want to sell them please let me know. You have a nice collection of posters I am especially envious of your Blackpool promotional poster I have never been able to find that one.

Edited by kevron6, 08 November 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#4 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:08 PM

Are you ever going to let anyone see your collection of posters on EB? What do you have to hide Kaber? :lol:

#5 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:47 AM

Are you ever going to let anyone see your collection of posters on EB? What do you have to hide Kaber? :lol:

Visible now - although not upto date.

#6 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:56 AM

Okay thanks the mystery of your poster collection is finally solved. Very nice collection I want your Paris 07's, Rome 07 and Pomona. I will trade you a Rob Jones Honky for all three, just let me know.

#7 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:58 AM

What are you waiting on update it?

#8 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:08 AM

What are you waiting on update it?

I've updated it a bit.

Some stuff to come - will only add once the postman delivers it.

#9 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:19 AM

I've updated it a bit.

Fair enough.

#10 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:23 AM

I've updated it a bit.

Love the Lebowskifest posters you must be a fan of the movie too. I always mean to go to the actual event because it is only about two hours from my house, but I always somehow miss it. Have you seen Jay Ryan's new poster for the first night at the new Alamo? If not check it out at mondotees it is up for sale right now.

#11 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

Have you seen the new Daniel Danger prints? Really nice Modest Mouse one and a huge art print as well.

#12 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:04 AM

Love the Lebowskifest posters you must be a fan of the movie too. I always mean to go to the actual event because it is only about two hours from my house, but I always somehow miss it. Have you seen Jay Ryan's new poster for the first night at the new Alamo? If not check it out at mondotees it is up for sale right now.

The Lebowskifest posters are dirt cheap $8 and great quality.

Available over at http://lebowskifest.com/posters.asp

#13 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

The Lebowskifest posters are dirt cheap $8 and great quality.

Available over at http://lebowskifest.com/posters.asp

Nice find I am definitely going to pick a few of those up. Thanks for the link.

#14 Guest_erba_*

Guest_erba_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:51 AM

I have been trying to broaden my horizons some here lately. I have started collecting Dan McCarthy's lately, still waiting for Daniel Danger's new website to get some of his new stuff. I also have purchased the Todd Slater Goldfinger poster, Tyler Stout's Heroes of the Alamo print. Ordered Wirewalker by Mark Brabant and some Punchgut stuff as well. Rob is by far my favorite poster artist but I am really starting to branch out with other prints that I like as well. I really love your Don Stepped Outside print and your Buckets of Rain, those are two I would love to have in my collection. If you ever want to sell them please let me know. You have a nice collection of posters I am especially envious of your Blackpool promotional poster I have never been able to find that one.

I am a big fan of McCarthy. I also think he has the best Sub deal out there. 12 art prints for $300. Don Stepped Outside is framed and hanging in the house. Also his Long Quiet Life is framed up as well. Those blackpool promo posters were everywhere when it first came out, but it seems like they are impossible to find now. Those suckers are huge, hopefully I'll have a wall soon where I can hang it. Did you see punchguts latest? I don't think it's going to be around long. Only 95 made.

Posted Image

#15 Guest_erba_*

Guest_erba_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

These are 2 guys whose stuff has never done anything for me. I can't really figure out why either. I feel like I should really like thier work, but I don't. Danger is really hit or miss with me too. I love his let's be kings print and it's framed and hanging. Others though, as soon as I see them in person, I am disappointed. Kind of weird because I am always really excited when i am buying them. His Ghost ship print was simply amazing though.

For example, I am looking forward to this one from Mr. Danger.
Posted Image

Edited by erba, 09 November 2007 - 08:07 AM.

#16 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

These are 2 guys whose stuff has never done anything for me. I can't really figure out why either. I feel like I should really like thier work, but I don't. Danger is really hit or miss with me too. I love his let's be kings print and it's framed and hanging. Others though, as soon as I see them in person, I am disappointed. Kind of weird because I am always really excited when i am buying them. His Ghost ship print was simply amazing though.

Posted Image

Yep, that is one great poster - really want to get hold of that one.

I like the 2 Ryans I have, the others I've seen I'm not so keen on. Fairey is actually a bit of a phenomenon and you have to see his stuff up close to appreciate them. If he has a show in town go see it. I think he is also doing the new Led Zeppelin cover so will be far better known before long.

#17 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:06 PM

I am a big fan of McCarthy. I also think he has the best Sub deal out there. 12 art prints for $300. Don Stepped Outside is framed and hanging in the house. Also his Long Quiet Life is framed up as well. Those blackpool promo posters were everywhere when it first came out, but it seems like they are impossible to find now. Those suckers are huge, hopefully I'll have a wall soon where I can hang it. Did you see punchguts latest? I don't think it's going to be around long. Only 95 made.

Posted Image

I actually just ordered Punchgut's new one plus Some New Town and Squish the moon. These are my first Punchgut's and I cannot wait to see them in person. Daniel Danger's prints are amazing I really want the Modest Moise one and the other huge art print as well as There is Nothing Out There. Would also love to get the Toru Okada, Let there be sunny days and Tiny Empire Grows. I have a copy of Long Quiet Life it is really awesome and I cannot wait to get it framed.

#18 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

I am also not a big fan of Ryan or Fairey. I like some of Fairey's stuff but most of them look too much alike to me, but I would love to go to one of his shows like Kaber went to. Jay Ryan really does nothing for me I just really do not care for his style.

#19 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:29 PM

I am also not a big fan of Ryan or Fairey. I like some of Fairey's stuff but most of them look too much alike to me, but I would love to go to one of his shows like Kaber went to. Jay Ryan really does nothing for me I just really do not care for his style.

Fair enough. Moving along - What are you favorite sites for buying posters from?

#20 Guest_erba_*

Guest_erba_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

I actually just ordered Punchgut's new one plus Some New Town and Squish the moon. These are my first Punchgut's and I cannot wait to see them in person. Daniel Danger's prints are amazing I really want the Modest Moise one and the other huge art print as well as There is Nothing Out There. Would also love to get the Toru Okada, Let there be sunny days and Tiny Empire Grows. I have a copy of Long Quiet Life it is really awesome and I cannot wait to get it framed.

I wanted Toru Okada for quite a while and when I finally saw it in person, I was disappointed. I thought it looked better on my screen than it did right in front of me. You needed to catch a lot details in the right light. After seeing it and realizing that I wouldn't be framing, I traded it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users