Photo

Project Runway Season 3

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_eric620_*

Guest_eric620_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

They kept the one with no talent over the one with bad talent because she seems more ready to cause drama. A shame.

#42 Ape1125

Ape1125

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

They kept the one with no talent over the one with bad talent because she seems more ready to cause drama. A shame.

Bingo.

There is no show without drama. Or even without bad designs to make fun of.

Santino was a drama queen, but he ended up showing real talent in the last show. He deserved to have been gone based on his outlandish designs alone (except his fashion week collection, which was beautiful and well-made, but totally lacking any of his flair.) but he was too colorful for the show to let go. There isn't anyone who really stands out this year yet. They all seem really whiney and waspish.

#43 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

i can't believe Malan is gone. :( his dress wasn't great, but at least there was an interesting concept there! i actually wanted Vincent gone, despite his dress actually being good. he's a little...um...psycho. angela doesn't seem to be very talented, so i wouldn't have minded her being gone either. but malan? boo.

oh, and can someone tell me why keith FELT UP miss USA??!?!? her reaction to him seemed very awkward....

#44 *toaster*

*toaster*

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:38 AM

oh, and can someone tell me why keith FELT UP miss USA??!?!? her reaction to him seemed very awkward....

oh i know! i kept yelling "WHY IS HE TOUCHING HER?!?!?!" at the screen and my mom was screaming at me to shut the fuck up

#45 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

haha. yeah, i rewound it to show eric because i was flipping out that he was touching her boobs and then giving her smarmy looks while talking about her legs. i really hate that guy.

#46 HoveringSombrero

HoveringSombrero

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:50 PM

He's kind of a jerk but his dresses have been my favorites so far. He's rediculously talented.
But as far as personality goes Robert and Bradley are the best. And Robert's dresses are great too.

#47 Ape1125

Ape1125

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

i can't believe Malan is gone. :( his dress wasn't great, but at least there was an interesting concept there! i actually wanted Vincent gone, despite his dress actually being good. he's a little...um...psycho. angela doesn't seem to be very talented, so i wouldn't have minded her being gone either. but malan? boo.

I do not like Keith at all. He's my absolute least favorite, which means he'll survive almost to the end just to annoy me. And yes, that was beyond weird when he did that. Maybe he's imitating that designer that felt up Scarlet Johansen? (can't remember his name...starts with an I).

#48 Nef.

Nef.

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:47 PM

Isaac Mizrahi.

I think he just wanted to feel her up. He seems like he might be the token straight designer of the season.

EDIT: oops, forgot Detroitneck.

Edited by Nefariouso, 21 July 2006 - 07:47 PM.

#49 Ape1125

Ape1125

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

Isaac Mizrahi.

I think he just wanted to feel her up. He seems like he might be the token straight designer of the season.

EDIT: oops, forgot Detroitneck.

That's the one.

I really like the architect lady. I think she's going to have some interesting designs to come.

I read that Jay's new line will be coming out after NY fashion week. :)

#50 Purplehaze

Purplehaze

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

I really like the architect lady. I think she's going to have some interesting designs to come.

I don't see much interesting coming from her, personally. Not when every dress she wears herself looks exactly the same.

#51 Ape1125

Ape1125

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

I don't see much interesting coming from her, personally. Not when every dress she wears herself looks exactly the same.

She definitely can't dress herself, but I liked her portfolio in the tryouts. Seems most of them can't dress themselves. I noticed that last season too.

#52 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:05 PM

I think Angela is a pain in the ass, and I felt bad for Malan; even though his dress was kind of ugly, Angela didn't really contribute anything to the challenge at all.

I did think it was pretty funny when the Miss America girl kind of snapped at her after she was complaining about the dress and the challenge.

#53 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

I thought I'd give this show a look, and now I'm hooked. And I'm pissed about Malan. I liked him a lot.

Anyhow, what's up with this?Posted Image

What happened to the dress she was supposed to wear?

#54 pinkangel79

pinkangel79

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

Agh, Christina has me hooked now. I felt so bad for Malan. And I was all weepy when he was making his little speech thing at the end. I thought the dress that won had a cute neckline and all, but it really didn't fit around the waist. There was loads of bunching and it made the model look a funny shape. If I'd tried it on i'd think 'Ugh. That makes me look huge and bulky!'.

#55 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:34 AM

I thought I'd give this show a look, and now I'm hooked. And I'm pissed about Malan. I liked him a lot.

Anyhow, what's up with this?Posted Image

What happened to the dress she was supposed to wear?

i was coming into this thread to see if any knew if she wore the dress. BOO! why didn't she wear it? bleh.

#56 *toaster*

*toaster*

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

Agh, Christina has me hooked now. I felt so bad for Malan. And I was all weepy when he was making his little speech thing at the end. I thought the dress that won had a cute neckline and all, but it really didn't fit around the waist. There was loads of bunching and it made the model look a funny shape. If I'd tried it on i'd think 'Ugh. That makes me look huge and bulky!'.

i knew you would love it!

#57 Nef.

Nef.

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

i was coming into this thread to see if any knew if she wore the dress. BOO! why didn't she wear it? bleh.

I don't know if anyone saw the Project Runway Winners Special with Jay, but Heidi got him to design a gown for her to wear to the Grammys (?) and then didn't wear it once it was completed. It's at their discretion, I guess. Still lame.

After seeing the still photo in fourfour's recap (not very funny this week) I really think Michael and Laura should have won. Maybe it wasn't formal enough. I still think it's really pretty.
Posted Image

#58 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

so nef, i pretty much love you for the link to that fourfour blog.

#59 Vyolit

Vyolit

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

Ditto on the site but does anyone know where we can see photos of all the dresses from that episode? I've tried to watch the episode where Malan gets auf'd like 1574.q times and I never see the last 15 minutes due to other reasons.

#60 Nef.

Nef.

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, I figured anyone who doesn't watch ANTM might not be up on fourfour. Recaps aren't posted until Monday, though, unfortunately.

For MB:
http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/
The "Rate the Runway" section has all the garments from each episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users