#1 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:16 AM

does anyone else watch this?

i just watched the first three episodes last night and now i'm hooked. is this still on TV in the colonies? why is there polar bears on a tropical island? do these people survive? is it all a dream, a la Dallas? what happens in later episodes? why am i asking so many questions?

#2 evie dee

evie dee

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:34 AM

does anyone else watch this?

i just watched the first three episodes last night and now i'm hooked. is this still on TV in the colonies? why is there polar bears on a tropical island? do these people survive? is it all a dream, a la Dallas? what happens in later episodes? why am i asking so many questions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has been renewed for a second season over here.
But, I'm totally renting the first season. I need to catch up.

#3 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

It has been renewed for a second season over here.
But, I'm totally renting the first season. I need to catch up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

renewed for a second season? so i take it nobody escapes the island of doom then? has the first season finished over the pond yet? if so, what is the monster?, and whats with the polar bears?
danke

#4 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:23 PM

Yes, the first season ended a few months ago. Some of them sort of, maybe, escape the island, but we don't know yet. As for the polar bears - we don't really know for sure. And we don't know for sure about the monster. Not much was resolved. Therefore - season 2. Supposedly, some things will be answered on the DVD of the first season, which comes out here on Sept. 6th.

#5 rockyblues

rockyblues

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:38 PM

How do some people escape exactly? and what's with the 16 year old radio thing?

Edited by rockyblues, 15 August 2005 - 03:41 PM.

#6 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

How do some people escape exactly? and what's with the 16 year old radio thing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah what he said. and why hasn't it run out of power.

#7 Lily

Lily

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:00 PM

I just started watching Lost this summer, when they put the first season on again. I'm totally hooked!

#8 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

Well jeez, you guys. I'm not going to tell you what happens in the entire first season. You have to watch it. :lol: A few of them decide to build a raft. The radio is running on batteries. One of them finds the woman who sent the radio message (she's been there 14 years).....long story. You'll just have to watch it.

#9 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

The radio is running on batteries.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

batteries wouldn't last for 14 or 16 years. not even Duracell.

one other thing i noticed. how come there isn't any sewage, litter etc. on the beach. it's not very life like is it. i mean polar bears i could believe...

#10 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

I can't remember the deal with the batteries, but I know she has a supply of them. Hurley's MP3 player finally died and he got more batteries from her. Maybe they're rechargable or something.

They're probably burying or burning their trash. That's a part of island life I don't really need to know about.

#11 Happychick15

Happychick15

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

I love this show. The first season has just ended in Aust. It's such a good show, and it keeps my interest more than most other new shows this year.

#12 pancake_scary

pancake_scary

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

i watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. but i've missed every one since and now i dunno whether i will be able to get into it now that i've missed a fair few. i'm not a good catcher-upper.

#13 Guest_antiboy_*

Guest_antiboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

I can't remember the deal with the batteries, but I know she has a supply of them.  Hurley's MP3 player finally died and he got more batteries from her.  Maybe they're rechargable or something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i believe she had a generator of some kind.
not to mention it's rumoured there's a city under the hatch.

also, apparently the girl that jack was talking to at the airport bar appears again in season 2 so that must mean people in the back of the plane survived. interesting?

and the first thing they see in the hatch is................ okay well i won't tell you because that might be a massive spoiler

#14 evie dee

evie dee

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:25 AM

i watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. but i've missed every one since and now i dunno whether i will be able to get into it now that i've missed a fair few. i'm not a good catcher-upper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's why I'm renting the first season on DVD.
I've watched a few episodes here and there, but I don't know what's going on! :(

#15 KelbyC

KelbyC

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:06 PM

There is yet to be a TV show that I have been more hooked to.

I caught the Season Finally when it first aired.

2 days later I downloaded HDTV virsion of season 1, put them to DVD, and watched them all over the next month.

I do say, this show is amazing.

There are a couple spoilers I can tell, but I dont know if anyone wants to hear it.

#16 rhaps

rhaps

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:43 PM

It really is a great show, though JJ Abrams makes me terribly nervous.  He has yet to demonstrate that he can tie up his loose ends.  Look at Alias.  Great season 1 and 2 ... season 3 was like "huh?  why are we still spinning our wheels here?"  And then it was all downhill from there.  Very sad.  But I am totally addicted to Lost (and still pathetically clinging to Alias, in the hope that SOMETHING happens to make sense of all the balls currently in the air).  I just hope Lost pans out.  Mr. Abrams is infamous in LA for not ever actually plotting out where his storylines are going, just sort of writing what he feels like.

#17 godless_brother

godless_brother

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

Its a very good show from what ive seen, we watched the shows in english class becuase my teacher loves the series :P

#18 Tremelo

Tremelo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

the first season is still going where i am. its really amazing! Charlie is one of the best characters in it by far.

#19 Reynolds1203

Reynolds1203

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

http://www.penny-arc...date=2004-10-20

#20 Guest_antiboy_*

Guest_antiboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

i just bought the season 1 dvds! the bloopers are hilaaaaaarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users