Final Fantasy

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:23 AM

Is FF X-2 any good? I read some reviews that it's pretty weak. What about FF IX?

I want to play another FF game that's as awesome as FFX, and none of that goddamn online shit.
Just a straight-up, single-player RPG.

#2 Hand Talky

Hand Talky

Icky Thump

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:35 PM

FFVII, VIII and IX are all great. Vagrant Story is a great RPG. I havent played much for the PS2. I really love Kingdom Hearts but the combat isn't turn based and the Disney theme just turns some people off. Star Ocean is great too.

EDIT: FFXII got a 40/40 from Famitsu, so I'm guessing it's pretty fantastic. Also, theres a ton of great games out there on old systems, like Chrono Trigger and what not.

Edited by Hand Talky, 14 December 2006 - 12:40 PM.

#3 Expecting

Expecting

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:01 PM

FF8 in my opinion its the best, its just one of those games with a great atmosphere to it all the way through.

Baldurs Gate 2 for the PC is a classic.

#4 Guest_antiboy_*

Guest_antiboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

FF8 in my opinion its the best, its just one of those games with a great atmosphere to it all the way through.

Are you frickin crazy!? That's when the franchise died in all its blazing crapiness.
FFVII iss the king of kings, and FFVI (III) comes in second place.

#5 Expecting

Expecting

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:14 PM

Cool

I just have a certain sense of nostalgia for 8 over 7 I guess.

#6 Daniel04

Daniel04

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

FF 7!!!!!....by far the best!!!...and now theres a movie about it as well!!anyone seen it?

#7 Guest_antiboy_*

Guest_antiboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

Cool

I just have a certain sense of nostalgia for 8 over 7 I guess.

Yeah sorry. I was just so frustrated running around for 30 mins waiting for my money to accumulate so I could take a damn train. What kinda money system is that?!

FF 7!!!!!....by far the best!!!...and now theres a movie about it as well!!anyone seen it?

The movie stank... and so did the first person shooter sequel to the game.

#8 Expecting

Expecting

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:25 PM

Yeah sorry. I was just so frustrated running around for 30 mins waiting for my money to accumulate so I could take a damn train. What kinda money system is that?!

I never had money problems...but i was a dork and did all the Seed tests. FF8s system was pretty crap through the whole game though compared to the others. I just liked the characters, story and setting a whole lot more than 7.

Edited by Expecting, 14 December 2006 - 08:27 PM.

#9 fraserw2

fraserw2

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

i've played 7, 8, and 10 but i haven't finished any. i think i got pretty far in all of them but they start getting tedious. i get to a boss i can't beat so i get frustrated and give up.

i think my favourite rpg is fallout for pc.

#10 Expecting

Expecting

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

i think my favourite rpg is fallout for pc.

You win

#11 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:55 PM

Well, I've played Final Fantasy for NES, FF2 for Super NES, and I think it was called FF7 for Playstation. I've played a whole lot of RPG's actually. A lot. Especially from the 8 and 16 bit days.

But I don't know much about the games that have come out recently, especially for Playstation 2.

Has anyone played X-2?

It goes without saying, btw, that FFX is very very cool. Is FF8 an 9 for Playstation or Playstation 2?

#12 Jack'snephew

Jack'snephew

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:58 PM

Chrono Cross for the psx is great. As is Xenogears. (Psx emulators can be easily found on the net). If you can get your hand on a Dreamcast, I'd recommend Grandia. If you like OLD school, Earthbound and Final Fantasy III (6 in Japan). I also really liked Jade Empire for the Xbox.

#13 fraserw2

fraserw2

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:49 PM

ign ffx-2 review

ff8 and 9 were for playstation

Edited by fraserw2, 14 December 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#14 Reynolds1203

Reynolds1203

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:34 PM

FFX-2 is an okay game but the story an all is cluttered up by stupid cheesy shit, and not nearly as great as FFX. I'd say rent it first, see if you can stomach the crap because its nice to see the continuation and changes of characters and places from the first.

Vagrant Story for PS1 is one of my all time favorites and of course FF7, 8 & 9 are great games, I've heard good things about 12 too. Plus if you're into old school 16 bit games and such there are a few squaresoft compilations for PS1, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy CHonicles etc.

#15 kamikaze

kamikaze

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:52 PM

Played 6...got bored. Loved 7, that was great. 8, good but not that good. 9, couldn't even be arsed. 10, oh god. I hate 10, the voice acting...the magic system...the VOICE ACTORS. Horrific, it made me want to smash the cd off a wall. Why the hell did I buy that shit?

#16 Reynolds1203

Reynolds1203

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

You really didn't enjoy 10? I thought the voice acting was pretty damn good by most video game standards, i can understand not liking the magic system, i liked it but i could see why someone wouldn't. But was it just the voice acting that made you hate it?

#17 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:48 PM

You really didn't enjoy 10? I thought the voice acting was pretty damn good by most video game standards, i can understand not liking the magic system, i liked it but i could see why someone wouldn't. But was it just the voice acting that made you hate it?

When you say 10 you mean FFX right?

#18 Reynolds1203

Reynolds1203

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

yeah sorry if i confused you doing that, i just always considered the roman numerals and the numbers interchangeble.

#19 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:04 AM

yeah sorry if i confused you doing that, i just always considered the roman numerals and the numbers interchangeble.

No, I was just making sure. I didn't want to say so confidently unless FF10 was FFX that I will gladly tell you and kamikaze all about how you're wrong if you'll tell me what you think is wrong with the magic system.

#20 Reynolds1203

Reynolds1203

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

actually now that i think about it, i'm confused what he meant be the "magic system", because it was basically the same as it was from the begining (with the exception of FF8). I thought he might be talking about the sphere grid system, which i didn't like at first until much later in the game when i actually got the hang of it. He could be talking about the Aeons maybe, i don't know i'm confused now....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users