The Muldoons

• Please log in to reply
1595 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_garage66_*

Guest_garage66_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:44 PM

Any Deediddlytroit people catch Liz Copeland play a cut from this forthcoming record on her show Fri. night? Or maybe hear the guys on Radio Fever play it this past Sat. night?
Very cool record indeed by these two rocker kids and their dad,Brian. I'm not that biased when it comes to music,but what I've heard puts some of the recent Detroit stuff to shame,and in a quite literal sense.

#2 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

well, i'm intrigued. is there anywhere to hear this song for us non-Detroiters? a myspace page or website or something?

also, by kids do you me little youngsters or teenage kids?

#3 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

daamit, i missed radio fever this past saturday...i wanna hear the song!

#4 Guest_The Red Door_*

Guest_The Red Door_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

Family band? That's so cute.

Where can we hear anything, I'm intrigued as well.

#5 clashgrl27

clashgrl27

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:53 PM

was this really what the stripes played before they came out in Chicago? sounds like punk/riot grl sort of voice?
i remember liking it but not knowing it (save I wanna be your dog).

Edited by clashgrl27, 26 September 2005 - 01:55 PM.

#6 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:03 PM

I did not hear it, but I am very interested in doing so, if there is any way to do so.

#7 Gallette

Gallette

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

Postin on here is like pole vaulting with a toothpick lately

Edited by Gallette, 26 September 2005 - 03:35 PM.

#8 Gallette

Gallette

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

Ha,yeah,I wasn't sure what was going on,but I caught both shows myself and I really dug what I was hearing-they said these kids are twelve and eight or something. And that the record was coming out on Cass real soon.
And yeah,I was in Chicago and this was the same stuff,I thought it sounded familiar.

#9 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:39 PM

oh, so they played it before the Chicago White Stripes shows?

and 12 and 8! wow! that is so very nifty! this should be interesting.

#10 EM1

EM1

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

I thought they were 8 & 10....or was it 12 & 10? I'd swear there was a 10 there, somewhere!
Anyhow, I expect I'll hear them pretty soon....what are the junior Muldoons' names?

#11 QueenBooch

QueenBooch

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:52 AM

This sounds really interesting. Does anyone know what instruments the kids play? (I'm guessing Daddy Muldoon plays drums.)

Edited by QueenBooch, 27 September 2005 - 12:53 AM.

#12 Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*

Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:46 AM

Wow, I'd love to hear some of this. I wish I'd known about it. I don't listen to much radio -- I can never seem to remember when radio fever is on, either. Bleh. Think they'll do a show soon? That ought to be an interesting one.

#13 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:02 AM

I'm pretty excited by this...these kids have one of the biggest producers you could get right now and they probably don't even know how cool that is.

#14 Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*

• Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:27 AM

haha, their father is Brian Muldoon. Jack has probably been in and out of their lives for a while, so yeah .. To them, he's just another guy/friend of the family who happens to be famous.

I'm really anxious to listen to them! Keep us posted.

#15 python

python

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:46 AM

can't wait to hear something from them

#16 spoonman1100

spoonman1100

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:13 PM

if they really are the band that was played on the PA @ the Chicago shows ... i'd give anything to hear more ... i kept wonderin "damn this is really really good" ... i almost didnt want the white stripes to come on ... i wanted to hear more from the PA :) ... like the rest .. please keep us posted on when something comes out

#17 Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:31 AM

This thread definetely needs to be revived! Anyone who went to the October 2nd White Stripes show in Detroit probably knows who this band is by now, and is probably just as impressed as I. These kids were dead-on last night and I'm still in awe of them. They'll gain more respect in Detroit music at 8 and 12 years old than most people could ever hope to gain in a lifetime. What did the rest of you think about their performance?

#18 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:51 AM

so they've been playing at shows? Thats awesome...

#19 Guest_pleasantly_frazzled_*

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:25 AM

No, just last night's show, and it was a last-minute deal. I was told that they were going to back out because the youngest one was a little nervous :ph34r: hehe That's why they didn't make any announcements about them playing. But he pulled through and did great!

#20 Guest_garage66_*

Guest_garage66_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:50 AM

They nonchalantly walked out after a nice introduction by Blackwell,something about his latest favorite thing or something like that,hooked up to the Stripes equipment and went to it. For their first time ever onstage,they were in complete control and took everyone by surprise-the crowd,which was close to full at this point,were cheering wildy,and these kids deserved it. They sounded spectacular,and were very tight.I love Shane's vocals and Hunter on backing while playing guitar,what can I say,these kids are off to a great start.I bought a couple singles-I don't know if anybody realized it or not,but they had what appears to be 50 pressed for this show-the centers of the records were plain white stickers that were hand colored by the boys and numbered-I think that was five bucks well spent if you got one. The lyrics are inside the covers-if I have time maybe I'll type some out.
Some of the song titles-Red and Black,Driver's License,Destruction Boy,70's Punk Rocker,Robot Car. These were all originals,though I think they did a Ramones cover( I might be wrong) But the last song was killer,with Shane kneeling down in front of his amp to get some dirty feedback out of it. Brian had the biggest grin on his face-how could you not with your kids totally rocking out. It was an impressive display by some very talented kids. Anyone who saw this watched a little history being made. What a way/place to have a debut-good for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users