1452 replies to this topic

#1 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

God I love the Vault. I mean I can critique and prioritise the various releases but when it comes down to it I really love it. The day they announce the Vault package I'm up at 6 o clock (you won't believe how rare that is for me), my body body clock seemingly adjusting to my TMR excitement. And when the package begins to arrive I'm checking the Little Room religiously looking for photos of the package while anxiously awaiting the mail man. So to placate this quite serious addiction I take my time speculating what could lie in store for us.

Now I didn't just start this thread to beat everyone to the punch (sort of) but I thought that seeing as people were predicting packages in the Sixth thread and the seventh thread, which will probably be the singles comp, I thought it might be nice to have one where we can just endlessly speculate with no basis to our guesses. So...

I bet you it's a Stripes LP but I've come to learn everything and anything can happen.

The White Stripes

Outtakes Collection

Why?
After a Greenhornes release and a singles comp I think Jack knows he would do well to place his first band in the package and why not go all out and throw a whole lot of lost gems out there. It might diminish the singles possibilities but hell, it would be awesome.
Why not?
Because there's about 10 singles that he'll never get to release because of this so it may be too much in one go.

Singles Collection (Possibly covering TWS - WBC)

Why?
He knows he'll do well with it and maybe he can remaster/remix a la the Hello Operator picture disc. Supposedly this should be officially released but thats what we said about SOC live. Also it's a great companion to the reissues (and promises a sequel album for next christmas).
Why not?
As I said, it really should be an official release but maybe Jack will find a way to reconcile the two.

Peel Sessions

Why?
I'd only like this if it is done properly. If they find the master reels and press it directly to vinyl than your in for an amazing release because the broadcast versions sound pretty shitty. These performances are pretty historic so I'd say a release is long overdue.
Why not?
No reason really except that they might not have the master reels and I don't know how hard it is to access Peel's Vault.

Live 2000/01/02

Why?
There's no official document of these years and it would be a great companion to the reissues. They could do it as a single concert or a comp and I'm sure few would be unhappy with this.
Why not?
Not entirely certain how much of this is properly recorded but I'm sure there'd be enough for an LP or two.

The First Show

Why?
Ever since UGWNL this has been the holy grail of what fans want and they don't even need to worry about making plates.
Why not?
It may not be a very good concert that Jack wants to keep private, we also don't know how great the sound quality is.

Live 2005
Why?
It's my favourite tour and recently I feel like GBMS and all that went with it has been completely forgotten. It's time for a revival.
Why not?
Probably not on anyone's mind at the moment.

The Raconteurs

Demos

Why?
I'm sure BB and JW were making plenty of demos for COTL and probably BBS as well. We know that they went into the studio in early 2007 and none of that seems to have surfaced (barring the 7 "). And like Boscobell Blues it might have some sort of unifying album-like quality.
Why not?
Less singles that can be made.

Radio Sessions

Why?
The Raconteurs did a whole bunch of great acoustic sessions that are vastly different to any released takes.
Why not?
Some of its been released and there may not be enough for a whole album. Plus we don't know how good the quality would be.

The Dead Weather

Live Album

Why?
Even with SOC @ TMR there's lots of great performances of great songs that need to be on wax, hopefully the BBB No Hassle Night was just a warm up.
Why not?
I think the dream child may have been enough for a lot of people. (But fuck those people).

I'm not gonna speculate on the 7 ", it could be literally anything.

Edited by hannibal_lusty, 11 December 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#2 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

(But fuck those people).

B)

Hmmm I have no idea what this next package will be. I am excited though.

Edited by lordaishamort, 17 December 2010 - 02:41 AM.

#3 Donnnieeee

Donnnieeee

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

Wow! You really thought that out! Haha! Those are all great ideas, especially the WS ones!

#4 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:09 AM

Loads of you keep mentioning ws outtakes. I would find that a massive let down.Do you mean like unreleased songs or actually outtakes. I'd be up for unreleased songs. Love the peel sessions idea though.

Edited by wsjack3, 12 December 2010 - 08:11 AM.

#5 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

Loads of you keep mentioning ws outtakes. I would find that a massive let down.Do you mean like unreleased songs or actually outtakes. I'd be up for unreleased songs. Love the peel sessions idea though.

That's what unreleased songs are, aren't they?

#6 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

That's what unreleased songs are, aren't they?

I rea outtakes as in fuck ups haha

#7 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

hannibal, I like the way you think... seemingly as much as me about all this crazy TMR stuff ;)

#8 dreamover

dreamover

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:48 AM

He said package 8 would be lame?

#9 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,704 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

He was joking. Do you really think he'd say something like that seriously?

#10 jack1111

jack1111

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

He was joking. Do you really think he'd say something like that seriously?

I am hoping its gonna be awesome,which im sure TMR wont disappoint.

#11 junx

junx

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

I say it will be Jack White, Son House & Robert Johnson

live @ TMR on Black/Blue vinyl

#12 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Charley Patton will open for them.

#13 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,704 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Somehow, I doubt Charley would agree to that.

#14 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Isn't Blind Willie McTell doing a blue series?

#15 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

seriously - they should do a Son House package, if he's going to do a package a year that is not one of his bands, or one of his big influences my votes on the House

#16 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

Columbia would never give the rights over.

#17 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

they don't need to "give" the rights away, how long did Jack spend fighting for Wanda Jackson's album? Not to mention Columbia doesn't own near all of it - there's been so many shadowy questionable releases over the years it'd be nice to have at least a good chunk of them in one place. Not that it's gonna happen, but it isn't all that ludicrous, it's not like anyone's making millions off of his mutilated catalog as it is.

#18 dazed22

dazed22

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

Columbia would never give the rights over.

This

As much as I'd love for it to happen, I doubt it ever will :(

#19 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Paramount and CBS both own good chunks of the catalog but the Alan Lomax stuff was done for the Library of Congress and there are several live performances and a small array of unused and rough studio cuts from his return that have been released from some fly by the night companies in the US and UK - not to mention a bunch of the stuff he did on those old 78's at the earliest point of his career have lapsed into public domain in many cases...
though I agree, it shall never happen :P

Edited by spastic.jerk, 14 December 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#20 Moller72

Moller72

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

i think the 8th vault package will be a raconteurs 12" a white stripes 7" and a slipmat it has not been in a vault package yet so here is hoping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users