108 replies to this topic

#41 yourThirdMan

yourThirdMan

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

I hate U2. No offense intended. I hate Bono and have no idea why he or anyone else thinks his opinion matters.

#42 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

War Deluxe looks a bit of a lame tracklisting - other two look like they could be well worth it for U2 fans.

#43 bikedo

bikedo

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Boy is definitely at No 1 in my top 10 albums of all time.
When I really got into music , late 70's and the beginning of the 80 this was the first band I totally fell in love with. I was the only one in school that new or liked them and that made it even more special being a 13 year old.
Didn't get to see them untill '84 'cause I was just too young but it was one of my first concerts
I still play the compilation cassettes I made from my brothers U2 bootlegs over 20 years ago.

#44 Consoler Of The Lonely

Consoler Of The Lonely

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

U2 suck

#45 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

bikedo - yeah, Boy is really damn good. Love the production on it as well. I need to sort out some bootlegs for ya.

Edited by Kaber, 24 June 2008 - 02:56 PM.

#46 Lams

Lams

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

why does every album in the world need a deluxe edition? its kinda bothering me

#47 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

why does every album in the world need a deluxe edition? its kinda bothering me

So a fan can get more of the tracks they want in one go - Rather have had a deluxe version of Icky Thump than several formats of Conquest....

#48 Lams

Lams

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

rather have a bsides album or something that won't make people buy the same album twice

#49 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

rather have a bsides album or something that won't make people buy the same album twice

Well it is nearly 30 years on - I don't see this as 'cashing in' compared to the Conquest multi format bullshit

Edited by Kaber, 24 June 2008 - 03:23 PM.

#50 JackFlash

JackFlash

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

I hate U2. No offense intended. I hate Bono and have no idea why he or anyone else thinks his opinion matters.

You are a wise man.

Yeah yeah yeah!!!

#51 bikedo

bikedo

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

Just to mention 2 things....

*Bono is extremely involved in campaigning for debt relief of the third world countries.

And from Wikipedia
*In early 2005, Bono, his wife, and Irish fashion designer Rogan Gregory launched the socially-conscious line EDUN in an attempt to shift the focus in Africa from aid to trade. EDUN's goal is to use factories in Africa, South America, and India that provide fair wages to workers and practice good business ethics to create a business model that will encourage investment in developing nations.

And what has your contribution to a better world been so far?

#52 Lams

Lams

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

Just to mention 2 things....

*Bono is extremely involved in campaigning for debt relief of the third world countries.

And from Wikipedia
*In early 2005, Bono, his wife, and Irish fashion designer Rogan Gregory launched the socially-conscious line EDUN in an attempt to shift the focus in Africa from aid to trade. EDUN's goal is to use factories in Africa, South America, and India that provide fair wages to workers and practice good business ethics to create a business model that will encourage investment in developing nations.

And what has your contribution to a better world been so far?

i did not make people listen to horrible songs and endless sermons during a rock show. and i don't do big world tours which consume lots of fuel and kill the nature and stuff. and, most of all I DON'T ACT LIKE I AM JESUS!

#53 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

i did not make people listen to horrible songs and endless sermons during a rock show. and i don't do big world tours which consume lots of fuel and kill the nature and stuff. and, most of all I DON'T ACT LIKE I AM JESUS!

If Bono is Jesus, I guess Clinton was God and Bush is the Devil, right?

I get it - you've been on a U2 tour and didn't enjoy it. Shame on you. :lol:

#54 JellyRoll Baker

JellyRoll Baker

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

- The songs aren't horrible. matter of fact, many of them are rather good.
- I never heard any sermons when I saw them play.
- Bono doesn't make the lame walk, blind see, turn water into wine or get nailed to pieces of wood
- Through campaigning and activism Bono has done more for the environment and thew global gap than YOU and EVERYONE YOU KNOW combined. It kind of works as a carbon offset.

#55 Lams

Lams

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

- The songs aren't horrible. matter of fact, many of them are rather good.
- I never heard any sermons when I saw them play.
- Bono doesn't make the lame walk, blind see, turn water into wine or get nailed to pieces of wood
- Through campaigning and activism Bono has done more for the environment and thew global gap than YOU and EVERYONE YOU KNOW combined. It kind of works as a carbon offset.

well, that's what he makes you think.
but i admit, they have like 3 good songs. if they played only those 3 songs in their shows, it would be much, but much better.
and about getting nailed to pieces of wood, he should really try that if he didnt.

#56 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

Dude, I don't particularly care for U2 either, but I think you're throwing a lot of things at him which you've picked up from other sources and are completely uncalled for. I hated Bono for a little while, but then I realized I had absolutely no reason to. The things bikedo brought up are really good ideas. The only way for third world countries to improve is to become self-sustainable. It looks like Bono's trying to take focus away from "throw things at them till they get better" and put it towards actually doing something that might work. Power to him.

#57 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

this is the most exciting u2 related release i heard in a while.
Posted Image

it looks like they are culling their bootleg history and maybe some of their unreleased tracks. it will be interesting to see the paths they didn't take. i am a fan though and i realize my prejudices. i will never understand how people can hate someone who is just a trying to help the best way he knows how.

if you know u2 fans, maybe like i do, they are the best bunch of bastards you'll ever meet. imo. and, if you do know some of them, some collect bootlegs and will gladly share. all my boots i got from other fans because i've never collected u2 bootlegs. i might have the american release of every fucking release they ever released and promos to boot but no bootlegs.

probably my favourite u2 memorabilia. from the pop era. i love that fucking thing. it's a standee with shopping chart popping out!!! and, those are u2 action figures from a guy in spain!!!!! ahahhahahahahaha, one day i'll take a better photo for yhall!!!!
Posted Image

i love me those u2 bastards. ireland foreva!!!!!!!!!!

edit. yes, every single cd in that display is an official u2 release. fuuuuuck, i'm a loser.

Edited by lindapoirier, 25 June 2008 - 10:56 AM.

#58 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

this is the most exciting u2 related release i heard in a while.
Posted Image

it looks like they are culling their bootleg history and maybe some of their unreleased tracks. it will be interesting to see the paths they didn't take. i am a fan though and i realize my prejudices. i will never understand how people can hate someone who is just a trying to help the best way he knows how.

if you know u2 fans, maybe like i do, they are the best bunch of bastards you'll ever meet. imo. and, if you do know some of them, some collect bootlegs and will gladly share. all my boots i got from other fans because i've never collected u2 bootlegs. i might have the american release of every fucking release they ever released and promos to boot but no bootlegs.

probably my favourite u2 memorabilia. from the pop era. i love that fucking thing. it's a standee with shopping chart popping out!!! and, those are u2 action figures from a guy in spain!!!!! ahahhahahahahaha, one day i'll take a better photo for yhall!!!!
Posted Image

i love me those u2 bastards. ireland foreva!!!!!!!!!!

edit. yes, every single cd in that display is an official u2 release. fuuuuuck, i'm a loser.

Great collection. That stand looks real fine.

I have a over 100 gig of their bootleg gigs in flac format. Will gladly share. PM me with details of what particularly interests you.

Also if you have any gaps in your collection let me know. I'm thinking of selling some bits and pieces

#59 axlroserules

axlroserules

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

U2 is alright, I like Joshua Tree.

#60 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

U2 is alright, I like Joshua Tree.

Very pleased with the Deluxe Boy and October CDs - Great to hear their early live stuff. Not at all like they sound now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users