1331 replies to this topic

#1321 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

I'll admit it. I revisited Sea of Cowards tonight. It's pretty good. I think I just burnt myself out on it after a while. Both of their albums are really solid. Not up there as high with Jack's other stuff for me, but still pretty awesome. I wish they were touring the new album. The shows of theirs that I saw were fantastic.

#1322 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

It did say Part 1. I think there will be more with other members of the band and such. Should be fun despite them not touring.

From the Vault post: "The band and Third Man Records will release three more videos, each highlighting the member’s specific instruments and a different song from the band’s career, including tracks from their forthcoming album Dodge and Burn. Watch Jack’s video now on Modern Drummer."

I re-visited both records recently, too.  Horehound still makes my ears perk up, there are just so many things on that record that make it distinctive, to me at least, from Jack's sticks on the rim of the drum in 60 Feet Tall all the way on through the crickets in WTBEW.  Just wish Jack was able to sing more leads while he's drumming.

#1323 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

I'll admit it. I revisited Sea of Cowards tonight. It's pretty good. I think I just burnt myself out on it after a while. Both of their albums are really solid. Not up there as high with Jack's other stuff for me, but still pretty awesome. I wish they were touring the new album. The shows of theirs that I saw were fantastic.

I actually like TDW stuff a lot more than his solo stuff. After about 5 listens through Blunderbuss and Lazaretto became very stale to me. I'm so disappointed with his solo stuff, it's exactly like I thought it was going to be I guess.

#1324 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

I haven't listened to either TDW album in their entirety since a few months after the second one came out.  As I've noted before, there's too much of an emphasis on sonics over melody for my taste.  Not sure that's going to change with the new one, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be better than Sea of Cowards, where most of the tracks felt very underwritten to me (starting off interesting, but not really going anywhere...Hustle and Cuss being a prime example).

Edited by J.C., 13 September 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#1325 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:57 PM

The Nashville Airport had a bomb scare today. This was Fox 17's alert.

ee18c9a2eadb98c73d33f72c206172bd_zps9wgx

#1326 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

How much you wanna bet Jack blamed that ^^ on Alison?

#1327 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

I wish one day I will look as badass as Dean Fertita.

#1328 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,236 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

I actually saw him smile! He's a very amiable gent.

#1329 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

Mile Markers is awesomeeee. It's actually the full song of that little secret song the put on Sea of Cowards. Very cool.

#1330 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

More listening parties, with goodies but seemingly without the band (I dunno, can't tell)--  http://thirdmanrecor...cussion-videos/

#1331 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

The second installment of the Dead Weather series.

#1332 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:42 AM

Yeah, I like that song.  It's the first one I've heard from the band in a while that doesn't sound just like something off the first two records (even if it is -- technically -- partially off the second album).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users