65 replies to this topic

#61 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

I'm excited to see it. This looks like exactly what a non "Episode x" Star Wars story needs to be, and it looks visually well done. Which makes sense, since the problems with Edwards' Godzilla were mostly in the script, while it could look breathtaking.

#62 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:25 AM

To be fair, I do like a few things: they got the same actress to play Mothma as in ROTS.  And Alan Tudyk is in this, which warms my heart considerably.  Tarkin (at least I assume that's him) looks great as well.   I'm sure I'll see this in the theater with my kids.  I think it's great there's such a strong female presence with the various leaders--Mothma and Jyn. 

It just looks a little too Hunger Games-ish/YA fiction to me.  If that last shot of Jyn doesn't scream Katniss Everdeen, I don't know what does; she even has a visual component on her back to evoke Kat's bow. 

"I rebel"  lol.  I can't wait to hear that umpteen times leading up the film.

I'll hold out.  Maybe the next trailer will show it in a better light for me.

#63 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

Ah.  I see.

#64 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

Rogue One is great!  I was really skeptical (see comments above), but I went to see it anyway.  I really liked it quite a bit.  My only major complaint is that the

Spoiler

#65 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,877 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

I thought Rogue one was entertaining, the battles and action were great, but the characters were so thin. And considering the movies end is a forgone conclusion, it should of been far more character driven.

#66 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

I'm really interested to see what the original cut of the film was like.  I knew there were reshoots, but it looks like they practically redid most of the film.  If anyone sees the movie and then rewatches the trailers, there's virtually nothing in those trailers (especially the teaser and the 1st official) that's in the film.  Also, the overall direction and plot set ups appear to be different with Jyn's role in the trailers vs. the actual film.

I know they won't release such a thing on the first DVD/BD, but I'd dig some kind of director's cut (or Superman II-esque 'Donner Cut') down the line to see what this movie was like in its original form.

Edited by billdore, 19 December 2016 - 09:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users