967 replies to this topic

#41 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

that last episode was bizarre. i loved it, of course but can you tell me how a leading scientific agency has no solar or wind or some kind of alternative energy source??? now that show seemed quirky and, dare i say, rushed!

WHAT DID HE WHISPER IN HIS EAR??????????????!

one character that did come full circle was shane. starting from the "every pair of boobs on the earth could learn to hit the switch"... to forcing himself on lori. full circle. he's the one who battered the wife beater. hmm...

anyway, good times. and i love that it was the FRENCH who held out the longest with ideas and heart. hahahahaahahahahhaaaaaaaa! can i have a side of american fries with that?

#42 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

there weren't really zombies in the episode!!!!

I can guess what he whispered....

#43 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

I can guess what he whispered....

yer all fooked?

#44 Adam Astro

Adam Astro

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

This was the only show I faithfully watched on t.v. in a long time. At first I was watching it just because of the zombie element but they really did a good job making it more than just a gory mess. Albeit I did get my gore fix it surprised me that it was much more suspenseful and dramatic.It's gonna' be a tough wait for the new episodes, but as I read through this thread it turns out there's books or comics? Gotta check that out.

#45 jack1111

jack1111

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:02 AM

Just about to watch the last episode of season 1 of Walking Dead and also started reading the graphic novel which is tops too.

#46 ACE10

ACE10

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

This was the only show I faithfully watched on t.v. in a long time. At first I was watching it just because of the zombie element but they really did a good job making it more than just a gory mess. Albeit I did get my gore fix it surprised me that it was much more suspenseful and dramatic.It's gonna' be a tough wait for the new episodes, but as I read through this thread it turns out there's books or comics? Gotta check that out.

The Walking Dead is adapted from the ongoing comic book series which started in 2003. You can get the graphic novels at your local comic store or online here.

#47 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

there are actually novels being worked on as well...they will take on the characters experiences before they arrived in the comic book. That could be interesting. I read alot of zombie novels and there's alot of crap ones out there so hopefully these are actually decent novels and not a cash-in.

#48 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

i just hope they encourage young men and women everywhere to become deliverers of pizza.

#49 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Loved Season 1 overall. Never read the comics, but the show was a thrill ride. Although I wanted MORE zombies, especially in the season finale. Although, the last few minutes where we got to see a head chopped the fuck off was sufficient enough.

What in the hell did he whisper in his ear?!

Now comes the LONG wait until season 2.

#50 Flizzzipper

Flizzzipper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

Managed to get Season 1 for free cause of amazon video on demand. The characters are kind of annoying and cliched so far (half way through) which is kind of annoying but I am enjoying it.

#51 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

AHHHH

#52 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

CAN'T WAIT!

#53 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Soon soon soon!! This is the one show I am really looking forward to. It just sucks that they are splitting the season into two parts, I hate when networks pull that shit

#54 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

what do you mean "splitting into two parts"?

#55 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

what do you mean "splitting into two parts"?

When they take one season, say 12 episodes. They play 6 episodes then go on a "hiatus" for a month or two, then play the remaining 6 episodes... instead of playing them all at once.

#56 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKERS OF MOTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

So stoked. Mother fucker.

#58 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Glad I logged in tonight to see this update. I would have missed it otherwise!

#59 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

OK I thought the season 2 premier was good, but what was up with all the commercials killing the momentum! Some of the zombie kills were epic, but I thought the show dragged a bit towards the end. Daryl the Red Neck Dixon is the man though, cutting open a zombie's stomach to look at the contents inside!

Looking forward to the next 12 ep's!

#60 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

there was so much hype and so much anticipation that it was almost a let down. however, it wasn't that it was, it simply wasn't enough to satiate my appetite. it seems, probably because i was not accustomed to zombies and the walking dead, that each episode last season was a story in itself. the first episode just seemed to be a dragging story without any resolution. alas, beggars can not be chewers of thin flesh, i suppose.

that after-show, 'the talking dead' was really stupid and made it feel like 'the hills' after-show. very poor.

edit. after-shows are really stupid. it's like they want to capture the spirit of chat rooms and forums in a "real" sense. and extension of the virtual that is simply over-redundant. trying to keep up with the internet on t.v. ha!

Edited by lindapoirier, 17 October 2011 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users