177 replies to this topic

#161 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Twin Peaks returns in 2016 with a 9 episode run directed by David Lynch & written by Lynch & Mark Frost

This'll take place in the current day & deal with the aftermath of the original series, no casting yet but it's probably safe to assume most of the original actors will return in some capacity. I'm so psyched to see Coop again.

#162 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

!!!

#163 Hanska

Hanska

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

This will be the thing to watch. I wonder what the storyline will be. Best thing about this is Lynch return to big time tv/movie screen.

#164 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Twin Peaks returns in 2016 with a 9 episode run directed by David Lynch & written by Lynch & Mark Frost

This'll take place in the current day & deal with the aftermath of the original series, no casting yet but it's probably safe to assume most of the original actors will return in some capacity. I'm so psyched to see Coop again.

WHAT?! :o :o :o!!!!! Oh man oh man oh man!!!!! This is soooo great :D

#165 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:18 PM

Excited for this!

#166 xman

xman

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

I am stunned.  This rumor has popped up so many times since the show ended that part of me can't believe this is true. 

#167 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

twinpeaks25years.jpg
It was probably just cryptic aimless foreshadowing but what if this has been the plan all along? Ugh I can't wait until more details start to trickle out :D

#168 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

i am flabbbergasted@!

#169 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

From the Bring Twin Peaks back to TV facebook page:http://www.ipetition...back-twin-peaks

I signed it, because I feel like the "I'll see you again in 25 years" line is the perfect in to a new season. Not a remake, a continuation of the story 25 years later. It'll probably never happen, but it can't hurt to sign the petition if you're interested!

Fair enough. Not everyone thinks it's a good idea. I just happen to be one that thinks that IF they could get lynch, frost, & the surviving actors in on it that it could be really great. It could also be a disaster. We'll probably never know.

EXCEPT WE WILL! I'm ridiculously excited. It's basically everything I could have hoped for as far as new episodes go.

#170 xman

xman

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

Long set up but I fell in love with Twin Peaks during summer reruns in 1990.  I missed the first season running live as I am not a big television watcher.  My college girlfriend Heidi basically made me watch the season finale of season 1 and I was almost not watching towards the end as I had no idea who these people were.  But by the end of episode 2 (red room dream sequence) during summer reruns I was 'Holy @#$#, this is the greatest freaking thing ever!!!'

Well last week I finally got to Snoqualmie/North Bend and it was a great trip.  We started in Seattle, headed to Snoqualmie for two nights at the Salish Lodge, and then to Vancouver.  I am very happy that I finally made it and if you like the show/country you should consider it as a destination.   I was a little unsure of what to do besides see TP filming locations, but they have a number of excellent hikes in the area and I now feel like I should have spent more time there.  I also wish I could have taken a bike ride.

The falls (Snoqualmie) were my favorite destination and the Kiana Lodge on Bainbridge Island was right behind it.  The Kiana was heavily featured in the pilot as the 'Great Northern' interior and I have heard stories through the years about how accommodating they are, but I called them from the ferry to make sure there were no events that day (a Monday) and they were welcomed me to stop by as nothing was being held at the lodge that day.  When we showed up all of the doors were wide open and we walked right in.  No one ever popped out and asked what we were doing there and I lingered for a good hour between the lodge and the beach. 

It was a very nice trip and I may be soon saving up so that I can head back.  If you stay at the Salish I would tell you to skip the main dining room and eat at The Attic (upstairs) as we had better luck there.  If you are lucky, there are four tables there that face the falls.  We splurged for a river view room and I could just stand on the balcony and watch the river hit the falls for hours. 

Edited by xman, 18 June 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#171 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

RETURNING TO SHOWTIME MAY 21ST!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPIEEEEEEE

#172 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

So I've managed to binge watch and I'm on episode 12 of the second season and then Fire Walk With Me..........

It will be here before we know it and the owls are not what they seem :D

#173 kahluagal

kahluagal

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

cannot wait for this.  seriously, one of the few things keeping me going.  Just make it til the 21st...

#174 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,392 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

I tried to get into this show but didn't make it far.  I need to just sit my ass down, and binge the series.  I have heard nothing but good things about it

#175 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

So who watched? I liked it but it was kind of hilarious to see people on my facebook who are only casual fans getting downright ANGRY at this premiere. "IT WAS WEIRD FOR *NO REASON*. I HATED IT." LOL okay guys. I'm definitely planning to keep watching.

Seeing the Log Lady so frail but obviously recognizable almost made me tear up.

#176 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,792 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

for whatever reasons, i was totally engrossed throughout the 2 parts.  it was a good start i think - and i had real trouble with season 2.  

i had forgotten about the doppelgänger, whew!

some are probably really going to hate it. they may be expecting another breaking bad, and that's not what this is.

Edited by stripes42, 22 May 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#177 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

I thought it was great, I was completely engrossed too! And I'm like you, I wasn't super into season 2 but I think it had some good stuff in there. I'm working my way through re-watching it now, slowly, and there's a lot that I didn't remember like...at all. 

A woman I'm friends with on facebook was all "I HATED IT, I only enjoyed 20 minutes of it, and the only David Lynch movie I like is Dune and I hated this." I was like ooooooof. As someone who is incredibly tired of all of these old TV shows returning just because nostalgia is the super hip thing right now, I was really pleased that this was the direction this premiere took. 

#178 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

I am soooooo enjoying this reboot. It's refreshing to watch material from Lynch.

I laughed my ass off in the 4th episode and the scene with both David's nearly slayed me. And Cooper is just as funny.

:lol: :lol: :lol:!!! Can't wait for tonight!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users