177 replies to this topic

#41 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

I love all of twin peaks, even season 2. I love the characters so much I just can't stop watching.

Leo got more than he bargained for when he wandered into windom earle's cabin, eh? :lol:

#42 melissakate

melissakate

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

lol I didn't know this thread existed. man I love twin peaks in case my avatar has not made enough of a point of this

I help run a twin peaks blog with my friend who dorks out about it with me

also, I didn't find out until after I had finished all of it that a lot of people don't like the second season. I have never understood that. I got the Fire Walk With Me DVD too, haven't watched it yet though

Edited by melissakate, 23 December 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#43 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

Link, pls.

"You are witnessing a front 3/4 view of 2 adults sharing a tender moment. Acts like he's never seen a kiss before. Take another look sonny, it's gonna happen again." <3

Edited by Angelina79, 23 December 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#44 Jan Ov Plain

Jan Ov Plain

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Definitely one of my favorite shows ov all tid.:/ When it first came out, it just scared the shit out of me, but I picked it up some 10 years later nad I've been in love since then.:/ Oh well.:S What could've been...

#45 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

lol I didn't know this thread existed. man I love twin peaks in case my avatar has not made enough of a point of this

also, I didn't find out until after I had finished all of it that a lot of people don't like the second season. I have never understood that. I got the Fire Walk With Me DVD too, haven't watched it yet though

The weirder the show got, the more I loved it, but I think that's why some people have problems with the second season--once the outer-space element and such came in, I suppose it did go a bit over the top, but that's why I love it. Can't beat a bit of self-indulgent Lynch. However, I did think most of Fire Walk With Me sucked, I have to confess.

#46 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

The weirder the show got, the more I loved it,

Same!

I'm going to try to reproduce the RR diner waitress uniform for halloween this year. :ph34r:

#47 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Have any of you listened to this? http://twinpeakspodc.../webpage/page/3

The Twin Peaks Podcast, two twin peaks newbies watch the show for the first time accompanied by two Twin Peaks fans.

I've only listened to their episode for the pilot, but so far they seem kind of douche-y. I'm going to give it another one or two episodes, but I may have to abandon it.

#48 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

i remember this show when it first aired on TV. I don't remember much about it, except that i loved it. All i can remember is a dancing midget, it was weird and it intrigues me. I used to get special permission to stay up late to watch it :D

#49 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

since i've been home, with my parents' roku, i've watched the show from the beginning. i think i'm finding it much funnier this time around (not that the humor was lost on me). bob still makes me want to shit myself. the first time i watched the show, i liked donna/james a lot and now i think they're the most borrrring part of the show. HATE shelly, always did. this show is ALL about leland.

it's also interesting to come back to this right after watching blue velvet for the first time because the similarities are so apparent. you can really see those little roots starting to unfurl in that film.

#50 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Ugh I still need to watch this. I have the first season on my computer.

#51 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

I hate to confess how many times I watched Blue Velvet.  :ph34r:

#52 Hanska

Hanska

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

The owls are not what they seem.

#53 Hanska

Hanska

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Thats a Lynch favorite.

I have been to a David Lynch Q&A BTW, fantastic!

#54 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Ooh, details, please!

#55 Hanska

Hanska

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Later today. Got to put on my "remembering" cap.

It was mostly reprises of what you already read in earlier interviews (the people who asked question asked stupid questions we others already new the answers to).

But I did talk some about how he tend to continue making his digital experimental films/shorts.

#56 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

James was the reason I watched with baited breath.

#57 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

And BOB...........l.."caught you with your death bag".........

#58 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

The owls are not what they seem.

:lol: !! I miss this show. I've really got to buy this.

But one of my all time favs is Northern Exposure :o so sorry. I couldn't help myself.

#59 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

since i've been home, with my parents' roku, i've watched the show from the beginning. i think i'm finding it much funnier this time around (not that the humor was lost on me). bob still makes me want to shit myself. the first time i watched the show, i liked donna/james a lot and now i think they're the most borrrring part of the show. HATE shelly, always did. this show is ALL about leland.

it's also interesting to come back to this right after watching blue velvet for the first time because the similarities are so apparent. you can really see those little roots starting to unfurl in that film.

I've always thought that Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet were so fucking funny. I think I've scared people, especially in the case of Blue Velvet. I agree with you about Donna, James, and Shelly, although I do confess to loving that song that Donna, James, and Maddy sing together. It's so cheesy and perfect. My favorite character in the show is Dale Cooper, hands down. I recently watched the second season again and really liked it. I've watched the first season so, so, so, so, many times and have only watched the second season 2-3 times all the way through, but something really connected with me this time.

Do tell. I love that movie.

Thats a Lynch favorite.

I have been to a David Lynch Q&A BTW, fantastic!

That is so cool.

#60 Hanska

Hanska

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

They actually showed a 35mm copy of Blue Velvet right after, for those who attended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users